FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Temporary N BR coming soon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1575594-temporary-n-br-coming-soon.html)

beckoa May 8, 2014 8:48 pm

Temporary N BR coming soon?

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Heard about this entering the SEA BR today. Will go in the old UA club in the N basement. Apparently when UA moved out they gutted the place- taking even the light fixtures :eek: so will tale about 3 months to reinstall items so its usable- and work has started. Thanks for listening AS ^

alphaeagle May 8, 2014 9:14 pm

That's good news ^ It would be funny if they just threw in a cooler, a few flashlights and some bean bag chairs and called it done.

Buuuut, they aren't closing the current one are they?

davew-krdm May 8, 2014 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 22835048)
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Heard about this entering the SEA BR today. Will go in the old UA club in the N basement. Apparently when UA moved out they gutted the place- taking even the light fixtures :eek: so will tale about 3 months to reinstall items so its usable- and work has started. Thanks for listening AS ^

Are you here? I'm downstairs, LOL. Great news on the N BR, btw....

Dave

the42ndstate May 8, 2014 10:50 pm

Solid :p

beckoa May 8, 2014 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by davew-krdm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 22835048)

Are you here? I'm downstairs, LOL. Great news on the N BR, btw....

Dave

Posted once I boarded QX.

Did a pass thru the downstairs but guess I missed you.

I don't think there are any plans to close the current SEA BR.

dayone May 8, 2014 11:41 pm

Is this really a temp location? Are there plans for a permanent club in N?

beckoa May 9, 2014 12:32 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Is this really a temp location? Are there plans for a permanent club in N?

Yes there are. A rooftop lounge but is several years down the roads.

WhIteSidE May 9, 2014 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 22835804)

Yes there are. A rooftop lounge but is several years down the roads.

The DL rooftop lounge in JFK is AWESOME. I'm really looking forward to the SEA one, especially if they have an outside area.

The thing that it would *really* need, however, is a cigar lounge.

Eastbay1K May 9, 2014 5:11 pm

This is great news. I would imagine that some of the SEA BR members haven't renewed because of the overcrowding / terminal is better / gates are too far to bother (especially for those of us who connect via SEA now with frequent N/N connections).

The only thing is those who have SEA N BR duties will have to take a vitamin D pill on their duty days. ;)

BOB W May 9, 2014 7:04 pm

According to the Concierge's at the SEA Board Room, work has already begun on remodeling the old United Club in the N Concourse. It should be open within the next 3 months and remain open until the new club on top of N is completed. I was told this last night. The current lounge in D will stay open.

Uncontinent stripped the room bare, right down to the light fixtures so AS is starting with an empty shell.

I guess my comments about the AS SRO Room in SEA finally struck a nerve with someone :D:p

tod701 May 9, 2014 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE (Post 22839202)
The DL rooftop lounge in JFK is AWESOME. I'm really looking forward to the SEA one, especially if they have an outside area.

DL has a decent rooftop lounge at the SEA S terminal.
It has a nice view of the AS hanger, but unfortunately no outside area.
That would be very cool is AS can include an outside area in their new N lounge.

AndyPatterson May 9, 2014 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by tod701 (Post 22840351)
That would be very cool is AS can include an outside area in their new N lounge.

What about the BA rooftop lounge at SEA -- is that still around? I think it is also in the S terminal, but have never been in S at SEA.

dayone May 9, 2014 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by tod701 (Post 22840351)

I would it say it's more like an upstairs lounge.

eponymous_coward May 10, 2014 7:36 am

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE (Post 22839202)
The thing that it would *really* need, however, is a cigar lounge.

Almost certainly not legal in the state of Washington due to laws about subjecting employees to secondhand smoke. There might be a deck you could use for smoking, but that's about it. I know of Seattle restaurants that had to close theirs.

(The one bar I know of in the state that gets around that law has an owner and "volunteers" who get paid on tips, no wages, thus no employees. That's not gonna happen with AS. ;))

jsguyrus May 10, 2014 8:44 am

This is what sets AS apart, they actually listen!!!