Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJD Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My comments relate to the VIP lounge in SJD Terminal 2 just outside gate 8. This is the new terminal that services UA, DL (and I was told all non-Mexican carriers). Admittedly I only visit annually, but the staff literally came by every 10 minutes to replace drinks, take food orders, etc. (they know we tip well )

And yes the airport still does not have enough gates for all the flights, so you often have to deplane or board via stairs. But I have found this to be the case in numerous cities around the world, most with substantially larger populations. Not a big deal except when it rains ...
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Just a quick update on this lounge....I stopped in last weekend while waiting for my SJD-SMF flight and it is by far the worst lounge I've ever been in....ever....it looks pretty spiffy and impressive at the entrance, but when my wife and I went in, thinking we could at least grab a bite to eat, there was literally zero food, not even peanuts or pretzels. There were no self-serve beverages so I went up to the bartender to grab a few tiny bottles of Costco water and a Sprite. We ended up walking out early and grabbing some ice cream from one of the airport stores. After getting the wifi password, I unsuccessfully tried to get an internet connection and finally gave up. What a sad excuse for a lounge.
Did you go upstairs? There is a self service fridge with beer and other drinks up there and a larger food selection than downstairs. I've been there twice in the past two months around lunchtime and the food was the same both times. On my most recent visit this past weekend the self serve food was picked through but the servers were taking orders and bringing food from the kitchen. Food options were:
Crudite (carrots, celery, and jicama)
chips
pretzels
Salads (with or without tuna)
Grilled sandwiches (turkey and cheese, Tuna, chicken wraps)
Pasta
Fruit
Instant Oatmeal
cookies

Downstairs is pretty small with a few seating areas. Upstairs there are many more chairs and sofas as well as a game room with a pool table and a room with recliners (might be massage chairs). Can't speak for the wifi as my cell signal was fine. I wouldn't classify it as a great lounge but in my opinion it was fine. I've been to some awful lounges that make this look like heaven.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rt1flea
Did you go upstairs? There is a self service fridge with beer and other drinks up there and a larger food selection than downstairs. I've been there twice in the past two months around lunchtime and the food was the same both times. On my most recent visit this past weekend the self serve food was picked through but the servers were taking orders and bringing food from the kitchen. Food options were:
Crudite (carrots, celery, and jicama)
chips
pretzels
Salads (with or without tuna)
Grilled sandwiches (turkey and cheese, Tuna, chicken wraps)
Pasta
Fruit
Instant Oatmeal
cookies

Downstairs is pretty small with a few seating areas. Upstairs there are many more chairs and sofas as well as a game room with a pool table and a room with recliners (might be massage chairs). Can't speak for the wifi as my cell signal was fine. I wouldn't classify it as a great lounge but in my opinion it was fine. I've been to some awful lounges that make this look like heaven.
Yeah, we went upstairs and sat for bit, but there were no beverages (or food) available there....you had to go downstairs and ask the bartender...I sent Priority Pass a quick note about this one since the website says "refreshments" which usually means more than just beverages...the snacks could have been behind the bar and available on request so perhaps they were "hidden"....just a really odd lounge over-all....makes me appreciate the little VIP lounge in PVR where they actually have servers bring you what you order...salads, sandwiches, and snacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.