SJD Lounge Access

Old Feb 25, 12, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL GM, DL SkyClub
SJD Lounge Access

I was flying out of SJD (Cabo San Lucas/San Jose del Cabo, Mexico) on Thursday, and I noticed they have an airport lounge there. It seemed to be privately operated, but I did notice the "Priority Pass" logo next to the door. I don't recall it being there the first time I flew into Cabo about a year and a half ago, but I very well could have just missed it. That being said, with AS' recent new additions of flights into SJD, any chance we could see the lounge there admitting Board Room members? (In my dreams, I figure. Just thought I'd see if anyone else has even noticed it before)
Old Feb 27, 12, 1:57 am

Programs: DL DM/2.3MM, AS MVP Gold, Lifetime DL SkyClub, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's Club
I got an email from PriorityPass saying that the new SJD lounge would accept PP members as of Monday 1/16, so I was super stoked to check out this lounge (I was trying to think in my head where at SJD they would squeeze a lounge). I was flying on the SJD-SEA nonstop on Wed 1/18, after we checked in and cleared security we went to access this lounge, it wasn't even open yet and had piles of crap inside the front door, the door was locked and they saw me & just waved me away. About 2 weeks later as my parents were leaving SJD back to the US they went in this lounge and said it was pretty laughable as far as lounges go, just like 10 chairs and some snacks and some sort of beverages, it might not have been fully set up still, but It seemed pretty small from the outside.

Maybe someone who's been in could clarify further what its really like. It's simply called the VIP Lounge. I'm still partial to the oval shaped bar in the middle of the terminal, the people there are super nice.
Old Feb 27, 12, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
Where is it located? Upstairs after security, or downstairs? The only place I can imagine where they may have put it would be the far right corner as you walk in through security.
Old Feb 27, 12, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jacksafar View Post
I got an email from PriorityPass saying that the new SJD lounge would accept PP members as of Monday 1/16, so I was super stoked to check out this lounge (I was trying to think in my head where at SJD they would squeeze a lounge). I was flying on the SJD-SEA nonstop on Wed 1/18, after we checked in and cleared security we went to access this lounge, it wasn't even open yet and had piles of crap inside the front door, the door was locked and they saw me & just waved me away. About 2 weeks later as my parents were leaving SJD back to the US they went in this lounge and said it was pretty laughable as far as lounges go, just like 10 chairs and some snacks and some sort of beverages, it might not have been fully set up still, but It seemed pretty small from the outside.

Maybe someone who's been in could clarify further what its really like. It's simply called the VIP Lounge. I'm still partial to the oval shaped bar in the middle of the terminal, the people there are super nice.
This is Mexico, did it say what 1/16 of what year?
Old Apr 2, 12, 2:31 pm

Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
I was just in Los Cabos and gave this lounge a once over with the video camera:

http://modhop.com/?p=2725

Not the absolute best ever but I was happy with the service & snacks. Decent small lounge for now.
Old Apr 2, 12, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by modhop View Post

Not the absolute best ever but I was happy with the service & snacks. Decent small lounge for now.
Looked nice to me. Small but nice.
Old Apr 2, 12, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.3MM, AS MVP Gold, Lifetime DL SkyClub, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by modhop View Post

NOTE: This lounge is NOT the one that's located in the Terminal 3 (where Alaska, Delta, and Frontier are located). The one that you'll encounter here in T3 is TINY! If you have the Priority Pass iPhone app there are three pictures of the lounge thats in T3 (Alaska's Terminal). Don't watch that video and think thats what the lounge is going to look like.
Old Apr 3, 12, 12:07 am

Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
Originally Posted by jacksafar View Post
NOTE: This lounge is NOT the one that's located in the Terminal 3 (where Alaska, Delta, and Frontier are located). The one that you'll encounter here in T3 is TINY! If you have the Priority Pass iPhone app there are three pictures of the lounge thats in T3 (Alaska's Terminal). Don't watch that video and think thats what the lounge is going to look like.
Correct! The video is from the new lounge in Int'l Terminal 1. (Thanks jacksafar!)
Old Apr 2, 13, 12:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AS Boardroom, AA ExPlat
VIP Lounge in SJD New Terminal 2...

Bright, spiffy and good-sized over two floors...quick report posted here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexic...s-airport.html
Old Jan 6, 18, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Just a quick update on this lounge....I stopped in last weekend while waiting for my SJD-SMF flight and it is by far the worst lounge I've ever been in....ever....it looks pretty spiffy and impressive at the entrance, but when my wife and I went in, thinking we could at least grab a bite to eat, there was literally zero food, not even peanuts or pretzels. There were no self-serve beverages so I went up to the bartender to grab a few tiny bottles of Costco water and a Sprite. We ended up walking out early and grabbing some ice cream from one of the airport stores. After getting the wifi password, I unsuccessfully tried to get an internet connection and finally gave up. What a sad excuse for a lounge.
Old Jan 6, 18, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Just a quick update on this lounge....I stopped in last weekend while waiting for my SJD-SMF flight and it is by far the worst lounge I've ever been in....ever....
It could not possibly be worse than the IASS Lounge @ HNL.
Old Jan 6, 18, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
It could not possibly be worse than the IASS Lounge @ HNL.
Lol...good point...I haven't been to that one yet
Old Jan 6, 18, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Just a quick update on this lounge....I stopped in last weekend while waiting for my SJD-SMF flight and it is by far the worst lounge I've ever been in....ever....it looks pretty spiffy and impressive at the entrance, but when my wife and I went in, thinking we could at least grab a bite to eat, there was literally zero food, not even peanuts or pretzels. There were no self-serve beverages so I went up to the bartender to grab a few tiny bottles of Costco water and a Sprite. We ended up walking out early and grabbing some ice cream from one of the airport stores. After getting the wifi password, I unsuccessfully tried to get an internet connection and finally gave up. What a sad excuse for a lounge.
Went last year via PP... very basic and crowded. Small finger snacks that run out, wifi that really didn't work. Tried it both upstairs and downstairs. There was great views of the runway from the top floor.
Old Jan 6, 18, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat
Sounds like a completely different lounge than the one that I've visited (and extensively reviewed in Mexico forum). Because that lounge is great - cooked to order food, good drink selection, waiter service, and my kids didn't complain about wifi. Located in the new terminal that includes all of the US-based airlines. And way better than any US-based UA, AA or DL lounge.
Old Jan 6, 18, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
Sounds like a completely different lounge than the one that I've visited (and extensively reviewed in Mexico forum). Because that lounge is great - cooked to order food, good drink selection, waiter service, and my kids didn't complain about wifi. Located in the new terminal that includes all of the US-based airlines. And way better than any US-based UA, AA or DL lounge.
What kind of food did they have? There was literally nothing when I was there and it looked like most of the other folks in the lounge had drinks but nothing else....very disinterested staff unlike the smaller lounger at PVR that had a wait staff bring you snacks and sandwiches. That was my first trip to Cabo so I hadn't been to the airport before, but the "new" terminal I was in didn't seem to have enough gates for all the flights....I don't mind using outside stairs and taking a bus, but you would have thought if they were going to all the trouble to build a new terminal that they would have included enough gates in the plan....odd....

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: