Reload this Page >

Capital One Lounge at IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Lounge at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:19 am

Yesterday (Weds) at 4pm there was a waitlist of ~15-20 min to get in. A week prior (also Weds) at approx 9am, it was practically empty - probably less than 10 people.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: None
Dulles is always way busier in the late afternoon/early evening hours. Nearly all of the international flights leave in the early evening.
Artpen100 and iluvdoco like this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 7:48 pm

Wheelchair accessible?

Does anyone know if the lounge is wheelchair accessible? I know the entrance is, but it looks like the seating area is down a few steps. I can't seem to find any photos that shows how to get to the seating area without steps. Very odd (especially since that would violate the ADA if that's really no step free way to get to the seating area).
Old Oct 7, 2023, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Nebby
Does anyone know if the lounge is wheelchair accessible?
It was from what I remember, if you go past the coffee station there is a ramp that takes you down to the seating area past the bathrooms. There’s not much else that direction which is probably why there aren’t many pictures.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by angflyer
Dulles is always way busier in the late afternoon/early evening hours. Nearly all of the international flights leave in the early evening.
Has anyone noticed TK or any other lounges getting less crowded with people going to Capital One instead?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by MF115
It was from what I remember, if you go past the coffee station there is a ramp that takes you down to the seating area past the bathrooms. There’s not much else that direction which is probably why there aren’t many pictures.
Yes, there is a ramp. But i dont recall a ramp to reach the bar.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by lamphs
Yes, there is a ramp. But i dont recall a ramp to reach the bar.
There is one on the far left side (if facing the bar). It’s behind a partial wall, you can kind of see it with true handrails at 5:10 in this video
lamphs likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:27 pm

Any updates on whether we can enter 3 hours before boarding time or departure time?

**I just checked the app and it says 3 hours before departure time. Guess they amended it.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Oct 11, 2023 at 10:34 pm
Old Oct 12, 2023, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Any updates on whether we can enter 3 hours before boarding time or departure time?

**I just checked the app and it says 3 hours before departure time. Guess they amended it.
Haven't asked in person yet, but my app still says boarding time.

Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:14 pm

It was crowded for a friday afternoon. waited about 15 mins.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:55 pm

Visited last week. Surprisingly was told at check-in that I would be admitted 3 hrs before boarding time (contrary to the website and app listing departure time). Rapidly got very crowded. Didn't bother ordering cocktails because the line was too long. Grab 'n go was great!
Boraxo and lamphs like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:28 pm

I flew in for a transfer and had a very hard time finding this lounge because there is nearly no signage.

In case this can help someone, here's my experience:

I had to ask multiple people for instructions but got answers that were confusing - go up the stairs that says no entry

Basically it's on the same level as the security entry on top (not the one below). If you don't feel comfortable going up stairs that say no entry, there are elevators in the center of the space with a very small Capital One Lounge plaque (that is the only sign).
cmn.jcs, iluvdoco and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Arriving intl (mid-field), is it faster to go through the mid-field CBP, then go through their security, take the bus/train over or to go directly the to the main CBP, then come back through security there.
I've got not bags so I can do either.
My connection is out of C/D and I will probably want to stop by the PL anyways afterwards. I've just never been to the IAD C1 lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Visited last week. Surprisingly was told at check-in that I would be admitted 3 hrs before boarding time (contrary to the website and app listing departure time). Rapidly got very crowded. Didn't bother ordering cocktails because the line was too long. Grab 'n go was great!
It's prob YMMV too. I went to the DEN one 5hrs before boarding and they let me in. Infact they never asked or looked at my BP, just scanned it.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
"The lounge is located just beyond TSA PreCheck between the East and West security checkpoints on the Ticketing Level.​​​"

https://www.flydulles.com/travel-inf...tal-one-lounge

So what is the closest gate, Z10?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.