Capital One Lounge at IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Lounge at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by esc2476
FWIW, TPG has a story up offering a preview.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/capita...iad-first-look
MF115 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Some of the photos are looking really really good. I like that it's right next to security too.
MF115 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MF115
I spoke to one of the employees at the capital one cafe in Georgetown today, for what it’s worth. They said they were most recently told “late fall” to open. I asked if there was any chance it might open in September she said almost guaranteed no.
Quite annoying as I have no other trips planned out of Dulles the rest of the year.
Originally Posted by galego
argh... i'm flyin early October, not liking my chances either then
Welp, these didn't age well...

Regards
Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
I usually fly out of DCA, but have a flight Sunday out of IAD. Looking forward to trying this out.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by MF115
capital one cafe in Georgetown today
I had no idea that such a thing existed, I'll be checking that out during my next walk through Georgetown.

That said, looking forward to checking out the new lounge in a week! I wonder what tipping expectations will be?

Last edited by lamphs; Sep 7, 2023 at 4:56 am
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by lamphs
I had no idea that such a thing existed, I'll be checking that out during my next walk through Georgetown.

That said, looking forward to checking out the new lounge in a week! I wonder what tipping expectations will be?

The Georgetown location is 50% off handcrafted beverages when paying with any C1 card. Sounds like a Starbucks with custom food options:

What’s on the Capital One Café menu?

The Capital One Café has a wide menu of food and beverage options ranging from made-to-order items to grab-and-go snacks and drinks. Below is a list of some of the menu items you can find at a Capital One Café.

The menu at each location can vary slightly based on availability and seasonality.
  • Brews and beverages: drip, pour over, lattes, seasonal & speciality beverages, flash brew, matcha, kombucha and more.
  • Breakfast and lunch bites: grilled cheese, quiche, flatbreads, sandwiches and more.
  • Lite bites: pastries, croissants, scones, cookies, loaf bread and more.
  • Grab-and-go: An assortment of pre-made, packaged items for when you need a quick bite or are on the go including: yogurt, hummus, chips, protein bars, cookies, confections, water, kombucha, juice and more.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
Originally Posted by scubadu
Welp, these didn't age well...

Regards
and i couldnt be more pleased
GUWonder likes this.

Last edited by galego; Sep 8, 2023 at 4:40 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looks like this lounge is being managed by the same group that manages the Turkish Airlines Lounge. I would not consider that a positive.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Looks like this lounge is being managed by the same group that manages the Turkish Airlines Lounge. I would not consider that a positive.
Often it's all about the investment the lounge owner is willing to make. Take for example Airport Dimensions. When chase announced that would be their partner, everyone had very low expectations for the chase lounges given their main lounges are "The Club" lounges around the US. Since the Boston Lounge opened, people have generally changed that opinion.
MF115 likes this.

Last edited by lowfareair; Sep 10, 2023 at 9:06 am
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:56 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
If flying domestically this seems a good option

International Business class usually gets lounge access anyway.
Priority Pass holders often have some more options inside Terminal A & B, at various times - including LH lounge - the best of the lot
C & D United gates have no other lounges except United Clubs and this will help those who do not have UA Club access
Allow plenty of time though if planning a pit stop here - to get from here to the C or D gates will take a hike

It seems to be designed for TSA Pre holders (or Global Entry with TSA Pre)
Non TSA pre will have to go through some hoops to get there from security.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by ffI
If flying domestically this seems a good option

International Business class usually gets lounge access anyway.
Priority Pass holders often have some more options inside Terminal A & B, at various times - including LH lounge - the best of the lot
C & D United gates have no other lounges except United Clubs and this will help those who do not have UA Club access
Allow plenty of time though if planning a pit stop here - to get from here to the C or D gates will take a hike

It seems to be designed for TSA Pre holders (or Global Entry with TSA Pre)
Non TSA pre will have to go through some hoops to get there from security.

It's been awhile since I've been to IAD. I thought that Pre-check and non-Pre-check passengers all exit security at the same point before boarding the train to other terminals? Wouldn't non-Pre-check be able to access just as easily?
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I’m just hoping this takes some pressure off the TK lounge and any other lounges still accepting PP in A/B (the VA and AF lounges were during COVID, but I sense they have gone back to time restrictions). I think the opening of the Polaris lounge drained a lot of people from the LH lounge. It did for me, even when flying LH or Austrian.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
It's been awhile since I've been to IAD. I thought that Pre-check and non-Pre-check passengers all exit security at the same point before boarding the train to other terminals? Wouldn't non-Pre-check be able to access just as easily?
PreCheck is upstairs, on the departures level. The entrance is somewhat near/behind the Emirates (?) check-in desks. Regular security is downstairs, in the bowels above the train. If visiting this lounge without PreCheck, you'd have to take the stairs/escalator up from the regular security area and then up a flight of stairs (confusingly marked as "No Entry").
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I thought the Turkish Airlines lounge was well-regarded.
Mr. Mastodon Flyer and tr3k like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:46 pm

Does anyone have experience as to whether a non-rev standby traveler can enter the lounge with the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.