Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Capital One Lounge at IAD

Capital One Lounge at IAD

Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
"The lounge is located just beyond TSA PreCheck between the East and West security checkpoints on the Ticketing Level.​​​"

https://www.flydulles.com/travel-inf...tal-one-lounge

So what is the closest gate, Z10?
I've never been there but that sounds right. It's right after pre-check on that level so its not really near any gate.

Since you're already at the website, you can just look at the interactive map. It's shown on there.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
"The lounge is located just beyond TSA PreCheck between the East and West security checkpoints on the Ticketing Level.​​​"

https://www.flydulles.com/travel-inf...tal-one-lounge

So what is the closest gate, Z10?
Originally Posted by eng3
I've never been there but that sounds right. It's right after pre-check on that level so its not really near any gate.

Since you're already at the website, you can just look at the interactive map. It's shown on there.
I think the H gate (Southern Airways Express) is technically closer?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by angflyer
Dulles is always way busier in the late afternoon/early evening hours. Nearly all of the international flights leave in the early evening.
Not to forget the evening transcons which are popular with those of us who prefer to fly after spending a full day in DC.

Originally Posted by ft_one
Yesterday (Weds) at 4pm there was a waitlist of ~15-20 min to get in. A week prior (also Weds) at approx 9am, it was practically empty - probably less than 10 people.
I knew it was only a question of time before it jumped the shark, esp. as just about anyone can get a Cap1 Venture card. I bet this week will set records on the waitlist time
Polytonic likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
It's prob YMMV too. I went to the DEN one 5hrs before boarding and they let me in. Infact they never asked or looked at my BP, just scanned it.
It was quiet today, so i had a chance to ask boarding time vs. departure time. Official rule is departure time, but the front desk is allowed considerable leeway based on capacity.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:30 pm
zzm

How busy is the lounge between 12 - 3 pm? My visits so far have been in the late evening/night for transcons, most of the lounge is emptier from 7-9 pm. Lots of room to sit aside from the immediate vicinity of the bar/dining area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.