IAD Priority Pass lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD Priority Pass lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Two Updates from the weekend:

Air France Lounge:

Stopped in Saturday from 0930-1015. The lounge was standing room only and I had to sit at a table with someone else. Bathroom is nice at least. Full bar with mediocre options served by a bartender. Food was pretty limited and not replaced quickly. Great views though.

Turkish Lounge

Stopped in Sunday from 1615-1645. Lounge was crowded. Food options pretty mediocre especially compared to a few years ago. Liquor situation is abysmal.

Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

When I travelled from IAD-LHR on New Years Eve, I noticed a sign stating the BA lounge arrangement with Priority Pass had ended. The Priority Pass website does quite reflect this, saying "Due to current travel restrictions impacting the area this lounge is temporarily closed"
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Perhaps there is a contract update that is up in the air when it comes to the BA lounge arrangement at IAD for Priority Pass-based access.

Given how packed these IAD lounges are at times and how pricing updates are wanted by airlines due to rising costs for the lounge operations, I suggest having a back-up plan in mind when it comes to trying to use IAD lounges with Priority Pass. It's not that unusual to have one or more of the lounges be "at capacity" when it comes to those trying to come in via Priority Pass, but there are lots of lounges to try to use at IAD if having the time to run around.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
When I travelled from IAD-LHR on New Years Eve, I noticed a sign stating the BA lounge arrangement with Priority Pass had ended. The Priority Pass website does quite reflect this, saying "Due to current travel restrictions impacting the area this lounge is temporarily closed"
I thought the BA lounge at IAD had not reopened post-COVID. But it is also not that disappointing that PP would drop it. Pre-COVID, their PP hours were extremely limited, and they did not serve much F&B until after the F&B hours ended and the BA club world people started showing up. If traveling BA club world, though, it was an excellent lounge. I liked getting a BA burger and speedbird beer. And when traveling F, the Concorde room was terrific.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Artpen100
I thought the BA lounge at IAD had not reopened post-COVID. But it is also not that disappointing that PP would drop it. Pre-COVID, their PP hours were extremely limited, and they did not serve much F&B until after the F&B hours ended and the BA club world people started showing up. If traveling BA club world, though, it was an excellent lounge. I liked getting a BA burger and speedbird beer. And when traveling F, the Concorde room was terrific.
The Oneworld Lounge Finder Website shows it's open from 1515 until 2130 or thereabouts. Obviously that wouldn't make it available for PP usage which used to stop at 1400.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Landed early from LGA (and my flight to RDU was delayed) so did a quick lounge hop. Some thoughts:

Lufthansa -- apparently closes at 8pm even though website says 10pm so no dice
Virgin -- started closing at 830pm even though flight departure was 925pm. That said they did let me in, serve me a glass of bubbles (sadly no Lanson, just generic prosecco), and even though they told me the kitchen was closed, I was able to order off the menu via my phone (Mac & Cheese which was delicious). Can see that it's a great space and would probably be my go to next time I come through here (if open) unless I had Polaris access (even then might pay a visit here first if I had time)
Air France -- let me in at 835pm even though closing was 9pm. Serving Duval-Leroy which was the high point. Space is incredibly tight (despite the AF flight already boarding and the lounge mostly empty of actual AF passengers). Sandwiches looked okay, everything else looked pretty bleak but D-L worth the stop
Turkish -- delayed TK flight meant this lounge was going to be open late. Absolutely packed to the gill, impossible to find a seat (one of those shared table situations). Pretty solid food, very mediocre bar as reported above (went with a pilsner because it seemed like the safest option). Oddly the TK crew (both cabin crew and pilots) showed up and were eating/drinking from the lounge (they reserved the upstairs for them). That's a first for me -- never seen cabin crew having their pre-flight meal from the lounge. I guess it is an outstation but still a bit strange.

Overall can't complain about the options at IAD for flying domestic UA metal so not having any UC club access for free. That said, if I was flying internationally in J and these were my options, I'd be pretty non-plussed by everything except VS menu ideally combined with AF champagne
CMK10 and Abidjan like this.

Last edited by Duke787; Jul 26, 2022 at 7:44 pm
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:28 am
Suspended

The TK lounge at IAD often has those lamb-beef meatballs, tzatziki, hummus, pita bread and more that are tasty enough to mean I will skip eating on my flights out of IAD.

Not sure when they stopped putting out Turkish delight for grabbing at the lounge entrance desk, but hopefully it comes back there too.
centrifuge41 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:35 am

Last time I was in the LH Sen lounge about two weeks ago, it seemed to me that it was back to the pre-COVID F&B standard. The hot dish was chicken schnitzel, and they had draft German beer back (a hefeweizen, as I recall). I actually prefer it to the TK, but that is a personal preference as I am not a huge fan of Mediterranean food, but I do like German beer. Pre-COVID, the TK lounge served Myanmar beer, which I got just for the novelty of it.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Artpen100
Last time I was in the LH Sen lounge about two weeks ago, it seemed to me that it was back to the pre-COVID F&B standard. The hot dish was chicken schnitzel, and they had draft German beer back (a hefeweizen, as I recall). I actually prefer it to the TK, but that is a personal preference as I am not a huge fan of Mediterranean food, but I do like German beer. Pre-COVID, the TK lounge served Myanmar beer, which I got just for the novelty of it.
Are they back to a full bar at least? Draft beer is good but liquor would be nice too.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Are they back to a full bar at least? Draft beer is good but liquor would be nice too.
I think so.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Sadly, no more Champagne available at the Air France lounge during Priority Pass hours. They've got boxes of Taittinger behind the bar (presumably on offer when the lounge is open for Air France passengers), but just a marginally drinkable French sparkling wine available earlier in the day when Priority Pass members can enter. At least it was nice while the Champagne lasted here for quite a number of years.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:29 am

I popped into the TK Lounge yesterday (Monday) at 3 PM. The lounge was standing room only but they were still letting PP in

I didn't eat but it was good to see all the hot options

Liquor selections have improved over my 2022 visits
centrifuge41 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Anyone have recent experience/recommendations for breakfast hour?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Not sure that I’ve seen this anywhere else yet but the Turkish lounge is using a waitlist system/QR code (assuming at peak times) to avoid overcrowding. You scan the QR code and add your name to the waitlist. As a data point it’s 3:30 pm on a Tuesday when all the other Priority Pass lounges are closed for the Europe block.
GUWonder and chrisny2 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
Not sure that I’ve seen this anywhere else yet but the Turkish lounge is using a waitlist system/QR code (assuming at peak times) to avoid overcrowding. You scan the QR code and add your name to the waitlist. As a data point it’s 3:30 pm on a Tuesday when all the other Priority Pass lounges are closed for the Europe block.
If the traveler is a Star Gold and can access the lounge on the basis of Star Gold status, then it’s better to try to access this lounge as a Star Gold at those peak times around the TK flight departure than on the basis of PP. Last week, it got me in while the PP crowd was hovering around waiting for their opportunity after a chat with the two people working the entry desk.
Artpen100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.