FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   IAD Priority Pass lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/2034648-iad-priority-pass-lounges.html)

holocker Feb 23, 2021 1:05 am

IAD Priority Pass lounges

Are any of the Priority Pass lounges near the Delta Gates?

Artpen100 Feb 25, 2021 8:15 am

Delta usually uses B, and A/B have Turkish and Air France with PP. AF is the best lounge at IAD at the moment, and is the Delta Skyclub partner lounge anyway. A lot of the others, including BA and VA, are still completely closed. Pay attention to what hours and days Turkish and AF are open.

GUWonder Feb 25, 2021 5:01 pm

At least before this Covid-19 pandemic, my preferred Priority Pass lounge at IAD has been the TK lounge, sometimes even if it was more crowded. That is because I used to find its food offerings much more to my taste. Is the TK lounge buffet closed up due to the Covid-19 situation?

BuildingMyBento Mar 12, 2021 10:15 pm

I'd also like to know if the TK IAD lounge is COVID closed...any recent visitors? If it's temporarily shut, are any other lounges open these days?

Cheers,
BmB

Goldorak Mar 13, 2021 11:36 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento (Post 33097138)
I'd also like to know if the TK IAD lounge is COVID closed...any recent visitors? If it's temporarily shut, are any other lounges open these days?

Don’t know for TK, but the AF lounge is open.

starryeyedscientist Mar 15, 2021 7:38 pm

I'm travelling from IAD in 2 weeks as well. I'd like to know if the TK lounge is open, and will need to book my flight to IAD accordingly.

aw Apr 29, 2021 1:05 am

I called the TK lounge and it is open during Covid but with very restricted food (most packed items with limited selection). Shower is temporarily closed. I will be passing by on Fri.

lamphs May 10, 2021 11:58 pm

Sunday, May 10

For some reason my UA IAD-LHR flight left out of B (@ check-in she acknowledged "this is new for us"). Used the LH lounge for 3 minutes - walked-in/out. Agent told me 'there might be some chips and cookies'. She was correct - about 1/2 dozen bags of plain chips and a handful of miniature granola bars and a few bottles of water and soda. The coffee and soda machine, as well as the bar, were closed 'for my safety'. There was a tiny section closed off, in a dark corner, for SEN and HON flyers.

I went to the TK lounge. It was about 2/3 full. It had a variety of packaged fresh food and the bar was open. The problem was that there was one employee who was the bartender, restocked the food, and bussed the tables.

Finally, since I rarely get to the A/B gates, and as a PP member, I thought I'd try the AF lounge. It was busy, bar was open with Tattinger champagne (not a connoisseur, but that is a better brand, correct?), and there was a good variety of packaged fresh food. I noted that the BA and VS lounges are closed.

Goldorak May 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by lamphs (Post 33242380)
Finally, since I rarely get to the A/B gates, and as a PP member, I thought I'd try the AF lounge. It was busy, bar was open with Tattinger champagne (not a connoisseur, but that is a better brand, correct?), and there was a good variety of packaged fresh food. I noted that the BA and VS lounges are closed.

Definitely a good brand !

CLT May 12, 2021 11:27 am

The TK Lounge is usually my go-to lounge at Dulles.

I've visited 4-5x so far during the pandemic. Bar is open with all drinks, although they no longer stock sparkling wine/champagne. The bar is no longer staffed with a dedicated bartender and instead an attendant floats around and tends bar when requested. Not sure what the AM offering is, but the PM offering is an eggplant salad (gross, literally a soggy piece of eggplant over a piece of lettuce), a chickpea salad with roasted red peppers and feta (decent), half of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, and wrapped chocolate chip cookies.

The offering pre-pandemic was hummus, baba ghanoush, a soup (usually lentil), some type of vegetable salad, pita, fresh cut fruit, and two hot dishes. They also usually had a variety of cocktail snacks, Turkish delight, baklava, cookies, and whole fruit.

fumje May 12, 2021 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by CLT (Post 33246110)
The TK Lounge is usually my go-to lounge at Dulles.

I've visited 4-5x so far during the pandemic. Bar is open with all drinks, although they no longer stock sparkling wine/champagne. The bar is no longer staffed with a dedicated bartender and instead an attendant floats around and tends bar when requested. Not sure what the AM offering is, but the PM offering is an eggplant salad (gross, literally a soggy piece of eggplant over a piece of lettuce), a chickpea salad with roasted red peppers and feta (decent), half of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, and wrapped chocolate chip cookies.

The offering pre-pandemic was hummus, baba ghanoush, a soup (usually lentil), some type of vegetable salad, pita, fresh cut fruit, and two hot dishes. They also usually had a variety of cocktail snacks, Turkish delight, baklava, cookies, and whole fruit.

When have they stopped the sparkling wine? I saw several cups served when I was there two weeks ago.

I don't know the brand, but the bottle had a white label that almost completely covers it (kind of looks like Malibu flavoured rum).

AM offering is yoghurt, blueberry muffin, hard boiled eggs.

CLT May 13, 2021 7:11 am

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 33246934)
When have they stopped the sparkling wine? I saw several cups served when I was there two weeks ago.

I don't know the brand, but the bottle had a white label that almost completely covers it (kind of looks like Malibu flavoured rum).

AM offering is yoghurt, blueberry muffin, hard boiled eggs.

Interesting.

I was there last Friday, and then about a month before that and I saw several people request it and the staff said they no longer had it. Maybe there were out.

Artpen100 May 17, 2021 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by CLT (Post 33248073)
Interesting.

I was there last Friday, and then about a month before that and I saw several people request it and the staff said they no longer had it. Maybe there were out.

Seems spotty when they have it. That sounds like the Anna Cordonieu, which is a decent cava, and the same thing the LH lounge served back when it used to offer more than soft drinks.

worldwidedreamer May 20, 2021 7:01 pm

I visited the TK lounge last month---the food offerings were minimal. Did not feel like booze at the time, but at least the soda was available in a fridge. The AF lounge btw had a nice champagne, and United Club had a lovely organic red.

Alpha Golf Jun 2, 2021 7:41 am

Im heading out in two weeks -- my first time at Dulles since pandemic. Does anyone have any updates on morning offerings?