Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

IAD Priority Pass lounges

Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver

Are any of the Priority Pass lounges near the Delta Gates?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 2021 at 9:48 am Reason: wrong forum
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Delta usually uses B, and A/B have Turkish and Air France with PP. AF is the best lounge at IAD at the moment, and is the Delta Skyclub partner lounge anyway. A lot of the others, including BA and VA, are still completely closed. Pay attention to what hours and days Turkish and AF are open.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
At least before this Covid-19 pandemic, my preferred Priority Pass lounge at IAD has been the TK lounge, sometimes even if it was more crowded. That is because I used to find its food offerings much more to my taste. Is the TK lounge buffet closed up due to the Covid-19 situation?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:15 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I'd also like to know if the TK IAD lounge is COVID closed...any recent visitors? If it's temporarily shut, are any other lounges open these days?

Cheers,
BmB
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I'd also like to know if the TK IAD lounge is COVID closed...any recent visitors? If it's temporarily shut, are any other lounges open these days?
Dont know for TK, but the AF lounge is open.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: QA Gold, Oneworld Sapphire
I'm travelling from IAD in 2 weeks as well. I'd like to know if the TK lounge is open, and will need to book my flight to IAD accordingly.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:05 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I called the TK lounge and it is open during Covid but with very restricted food (most packed items with limited selection). Shower is temporarily closed. I will be passing by on Fri.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:58 pm

Sunday, May 10

For some reason my UA IAD-LHR flight left out of B (@ check-in she acknowledged "this is new for us"). Used the LH lounge for 3 minutes - walked-in/out. Agent told me 'there might be some chips and cookies'. She was correct - about 1/2 dozen bags of plain chips and a handful of miniature granola bars and a few bottles of water and soda. The coffee and soda machine, as well as the bar, were closed 'for my safety'. There was a tiny section closed off, in a dark corner, for SEN and HON flyers.

I went to the TK lounge. It was about 2/3 full. It had a variety of packaged fresh food and the bar was open. The problem was that there was one employee who was the bartender, restocked the food, and bussed the tables.

Finally, since I rarely get to the A/B gates, and as a PP member, I thought I'd try the AF lounge. It was busy, bar was open with Tattinger champagne (not a connoisseur, but that is a better brand, correct?), and there was a good variety of packaged fresh food. I noted that the BA and VS lounges are closed.

Last edited by lamphs; May 12, 2021 at 12:03 am
Old May 11, 2021, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lamphs
Finally, since I rarely get to the A/B gates, and as a PP member, I thought I'd try the AF lounge. It was busy, bar was open with Tattinger champagne (not a connoisseur, but that is a better brand, correct?), and there was a good variety of packaged fresh food. I noted that the BA and VS lounges are closed.
Definitely a good brand !
Old May 12, 2021, 11:27 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
The TK Lounge is usually my go-to lounge at Dulles.

I've visited 4-5x so far during the pandemic. Bar is open with all drinks, although they no longer stock sparkling wine/champagne. The bar is no longer staffed with a dedicated bartender and instead an attendant floats around and tends bar when requested. Not sure what the AM offering is, but the PM offering is an eggplant salad (gross, literally a soggy piece of eggplant over a piece of lettuce), a chickpea salad with roasted red peppers and feta (decent), half of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, and wrapped chocolate chip cookies.

The offering pre-pandemic was hummus, baba ghanoush, a soup (usually lentil), some type of vegetable salad, pita, fresh cut fruit, and two hot dishes. They also usually had a variety of cocktail snacks, Turkish delight, baklava, cookies, and whole fruit.
GUWonder and redtalun like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLT
The TK Lounge is usually my go-to lounge at Dulles.

I've visited 4-5x so far during the pandemic. Bar is open with all drinks, although they no longer stock sparkling wine/champagne. The bar is no longer staffed with a dedicated bartender and instead an attendant floats around and tends bar when requested. Not sure what the AM offering is, but the PM offering is an eggplant salad (gross, literally a soggy piece of eggplant over a piece of lettuce), a chickpea salad with roasted red peppers and feta (decent), half of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, and wrapped chocolate chip cookies.

The offering pre-pandemic was hummus, baba ghanoush, a soup (usually lentil), some type of vegetable salad, pita, fresh cut fruit, and two hot dishes. They also usually had a variety of cocktail snacks, Turkish delight, baklava, cookies, and whole fruit.
When have they stopped the sparkling wine? I saw several cups served when I was there two weeks ago.

I don't know the brand, but the bottle had a white label that almost completely covers it (kind of looks like Malibu flavoured rum).

AM offering is yoghurt, blueberry muffin, hard boiled eggs.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:11 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by fumje
When have they stopped the sparkling wine? I saw several cups served when I was there two weeks ago.

I don't know the brand, but the bottle had a white label that almost completely covers it (kind of looks like Malibu flavoured rum).

AM offering is yoghurt, blueberry muffin, hard boiled eggs.
Interesting.

I was there last Friday, and then about a month before that and I saw several people request it and the staff said they no longer had it. Maybe there were out.
Old May 17, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by CLT
Interesting.

I was there last Friday, and then about a month before that and I saw several people request it and the staff said they no longer had it. Maybe there were out.
Seems spotty when they have it. That sounds like the Anna Cordonieu, which is a decent cava, and the same thing the LH lounge served back when it used to offer more than soft drinks.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I visited the TK lounge last month---the food offerings were minimal. Did not feel like booze at the time, but at least the soda was available in a fridge. The AF lounge btw had a nice champagne, and United Club had a lovely organic red.
redtalun likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Im heading out in two weeks -- my first time at Dulles since pandemic. Does anyone have any updates on morning offerings?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.