Wiki Posts
Search

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
CDG Star Alliance under renovations - PP denied

4/9/19:
Denied entry to Star Alliance Lounge @ CDG - Terminal 1.

Reason: renovations.

PP: claimed they knew nothing about the temporary closure to PP holders.

Issue: they allow only business class ticket holders to access the partitioned off lounge.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mplewis
I signed up for Priority Pass almost a year ago. I generally use American Airlines Admirals Club access on international flights since I am AAdvantage Platinum. I supposedly have 10 free PP club accesses with my membership but so far have not been admitted on my 2 attempts. Either there is no lounge in the airport/terminal where I am or it is a partner lounge (e.g. Alaska - soon to go away) where access is capacity controlled. I don't consider PP to be a good deal at all. Caveat emptor.

Priority pass Lounges are best in Europe and in Asia anyways and the airports in those two continents have at least two Priority Pass lounges, for the most part.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
4/20/2019 -

Denied entry to lounge @ PPT

Alleged reason - too busy and only admitting business class flyers on Air Tahiti Nui. Given the consistency of the flight times, one should basically never expect to be admitted with Priority Pass
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
I recently entered The Club @ ATL. I had a printed pass from Lufthansa as a business passenger. When I entered, I was directed to a blocked off section of the club, where only passengers of certain airlines were allowed. Although the main section of the lounge was crowded, there were very few pax in the reserved section. Food and beverage was comparable to the United clubs in domestic airports.
Oh, is THAT what's going on? I noticed in recent months they have that small, walled-off area by the entrance cordoned off, bute there are still people in it. Yet when I entered with a LH Biz boarding pass recently, they did not direct me there. I went into the packed main lounge as usual, wondering why they had the other area cordoned off.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Oh, is THAT what's going on? I noticed in recent months they have that small, walled-off area by the entrance cordoned off, bute there are still people in it. Yet when I entered with a LH Biz boarding pass recently, they did not direct me there. I went into the packed main lounge as usual, wondering why they had the other area cordoned off.
Yes, I was there last week and the small area to the left was roped off for four specific flights listed on a sign: LH, BA, TK, and one other I forget. They also announced on the PA when those flights were boarding. In the 60 minutes before each boarding the roped off area was full, but otherwise was mostly empty.

At one point they were cleaning the coffee machine in the main area and directed me to the roped off area to get more coffee -- it was very quiet with only 5 people in the whole area, while the main area was packed and they were making people wait to enter the lounge. But I guess it's too hard to rope and un-rope the area between flights, and you need that capacity to be ready ~90 minutes before the flight when people start arriving.

On my previous visit, about a year ago (also on a Sunday), I was in the lounge for about 8 hours (missed a flight) and that area was not roped off, but the lounge was also not very crowded.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:29 am

Denied entry to CDG Star Alliance lounge

On 8/8/2019 at 15:00, flying CDG - DUB on EI. Lounge dragon did not mention capacity control as reason but that entry not possible on Aer Lingus. ??? Priority Pass info does not state that entry is dependent on airline or routing...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
On 8/8/2019 at 15:00, flying CDG - DUB on EI. Lounge dragon did not mention capacity control as reason but that entry not possible on Aer Lingus. ??? Priority Pass info does not state that entry is dependent on airline or routing...
Did you show her the PP card? This sounds like a mistake/miscommunication.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Did you show her the PP card? This sounds like a mistake/miscommunication.
Yes, I showed her both my PP card and my boarding pass.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Denied at both lounges the last four times I have tried at ORD. In the PP listing it says access may be restricted during certain hours, but I was not there during those hours. Each rep told me that they had to hold space for Business class customers who were due to arrive.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by chitink
In the PP listing it says access may be restricted during certain hours, but I was not there during those hours. .
What hours are listed as restricted? I don't see any.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by chitink
Denied at both lounges the last four times I have tried at ORD.
Originally Posted by LegalTender
What hours are listed as restricted? I don't see any.
One ORD lounge does list specific times:

Originally Posted by AIR FRANCE - KLM LOUNGE Chicago IL O Hare Intl (International Terminal 5)
Access may be restricted between 13:00 - 16:00 & 18:00 - 20:00 daily.
The other uses a generic escape clause:

Originally Posted by SWISSPORT LOUNGE Chicago IL O Hare Intl (International Terminal 5)
Access may be restricted due to space constraints and subject to changes in flight departures -
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:50 pm

The Club SEA - SEA south terminal

Declined access today around 12pm at south terminal. Not too many options for PPass in SEA anymore.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sergeysl
Declined access today around 12pm at south terminal. Not too many options for PPass in SEA anymore.
What reason did they give?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I find the denials at The Club locations particularly annoying as I believe they are owned by or somehow corporately affiliated with PP. The one at SJC is really bad at blocking off a good 50% of the space due to their contract with BA. And this is 4 hours ahead of departure. That causes a waitlist for everyone else. I'd be really really ticked off if u was separately paying for PP instead of just really ticked off that a benefit of my expensive CC is becoming more and more useless
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:42 am

I've only been denied access on one occasion at the Alaska Airlines lounge at LAX. They were only admitting Alaska passengers with lounge access due to capacity issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.