FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1926160-access-declined-priority-pass-member-experiences.html)

Mouke Aug 20, 2018 2:25 am

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Hi!

I’m a priority pass owner and have used PP only a couple of times. People are talking that they can’t enter lounges because they are too crowded but how many times have you had this experience?

Do you say that your access is declined more often than entering the PP lounge?

I personally have never been declined.

Mouke

LondonElite Aug 20, 2018 2:31 am

When a lounge is full/at capacity, fire safety regulations say that no more can come it. It really has nothing to do with PP. Some partner lounges restrict the number of PP guests they will/can accommodate.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mouke (Post 30104110)
I personally have never been declined.

Nor have I been declined yet either, though I'm only using the Pass once or twice a month. I think it's a genuine risk, and the issues with Alaska are well documented elsewhere in this forum, but for many passengers it is probably something they don't experience.

wds17 Aug 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mouke (Post 30104110)
Do you say that your access is declined more often than entering the PP lounge?
Mouke

Declined at IAD Turkish Lounge - after spending time during a long layover in the British Airways Galleries Lounge which then closed at 14:00.

Waited 5 min and returned, asked a different person to have the next entrant with status guest me in. Worked.

LondonElite Aug 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by wds17 (Post 30116407)
Declined at IAD Turkish Lounge - after spending time during a long layover in the British Airways Galleries Lounge which then closed at 14:00.

Waited 5 min and returned, asked a different person to have the next entrant with status guest me in. Worked.

That is indeed a result!

g289t Aug 22, 2018 1:50 pm

I was recently declined at a lounge in ACC (Accra, Ghana) because I had two guests. I was told that this particular lounge admits only one guest. We went to a different lounge and got right in with all three of us.

This is my only experience with being declined. I have Priority Pass Select through Chase Sapphire Reserve.

khkchan Aug 23, 2018 7:35 pm

I had the PP lounge at BOS put me on a waitlist with phone number. After about an hour they did call me and let me in.

wds17 Aug 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by khkchan (Post 30122745)
I had the PP lounge at BOS put me on a waitlist with phone number. After about an hour they did call me and let me in.

Same in Terminal C “The Lounge”. I made a stink and they started calling names. I was 5th on the list and ended up waiting 5 min (at the desk).

mplewis Aug 24, 2018 9:10 am

I signed up for Priority Pass almost a year ago. I generally use American Airlines Admirals Club access on international flights since I am AAdvantage Platinum. I supposedly have 10 free PP club accesses with my membership but so far have not been admitted on my 2 attempts. Either there is no lounge in the airport/terminal where I am or it is a partner lounge (e.g. Alaska - soon to go away) where access is capacity controlled. I don't consider PP to be a good deal at all. Caveat emptor.

Lloydcov Aug 25, 2018 8:27 am

3 times at MAN the escape and aspire lounges basically don’t let cards in at certain peak times every day, they’ll always find room should you book and pay though.

once happened at ATL but to be fair it was busy.

DYKWIA Aug 25, 2018 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Lloydcov (Post 30128130)
3 times at MAN the escape and aspire lounges basically don’t let cards in at certain peak times every day, they’ll always find room should you book and pay though.

That's the point of booking, so you are guaranteed entry... It seems to be a bit better this year for some reason, I've not been refused once all year and I travel weekly from T1.

beep88 Aug 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Denied at KAL lounges at KIX, ICN (main terminal). Those lounges even have semi-permanent banners for this purpose, addressed to PP members. "Lounge reserved for KAL passengers".

KDS777 Sep 1, 2018 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mouke
People are talking that they can’t enter lounges because they are too crowded but how many times have you had this experience ?

While I haven't been refused access due to capacity controls, I have felt that I snuck in just under the wire on occasion. The Aspire lounge at US departures in YYC can get full sometimes and while it is rare, I have entered and found what I thought was the 2nd to last available seat on the floor.

Oakshadow Sep 2, 2018 12:15 am

LAX T6 Alaska Lounge almost always has a no-PP sign out due to capacity. I've never seen no sign. It's a relatively small lounge and usually packed.

MAN T1 Escape lounge frequently has a no-capacity sign, not just for PP but for everyone.

Gig103 Sep 2, 2018 2:38 pm

I got lucky -- even though the 'At capacity" signs were out in both PDX and LAX last year, the Alaska lounge dragons, after long pauses, decided to admit me, as if they were sizing me up (I'm sure they were checking upcoming flight arrivals or something). Then the PDX one scolded me for having a to-go bag from Capers until I had to reassure her that I was planning on eating my brownie on the flight, not in the lounge.

So zero denials, but two near-misses.