Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:28 pm

Yankee Pier at SFO

Has anybody try the Yankee Pier in SFO terminal 3? departing from international terminal G next month would love try the new option in terminal 3, I know there is a post security connector between the 2 terminals but wonder how long it would take. Any help would be appreciated
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lofu888
Has anybody try the Yankee Pier in SFO terminal 3? departing from international terminal G next month would love try the new option in terminal 3, I know there is a post security connector between the 2 terminals but wonder how long it would take. Any help would be appreciated
Walk between G and the central area of 3 where Yankee Pier is shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes at a reasonable pace.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Walk between G and the central area of 3 where Yankee Pier is shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes at a reasonable pace.
Thanks very manageable
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:26 pm

Also, an FYI

Priority Pass no longer has a presence at New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/priority-pass-drops-lga/
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Brian Chen
Also, an FYI

Priority Pass no longer has a presence at New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/priority-pass-drops-lga/
That lounge was depressing.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by beep88
Denied at KAL lounges at KIX, ICN (main terminal). Those lounges even have semi-permanent banners for this purpose, addressed to PP members. "Lounge reserved for KAL passengers".
Did you contact PP? Did you get any resolution? Is there a recourse?
You didn't miss much!

We have used the KAL Lounge at ICN without issues in December 2016 while flying on OZ LAX-ICN-BKK and they accepted our PP card. We had access to the OZ lounge but we just wanted to try the KAL lounge because of all the bragging by the bloggers! The lounge has a refreshing shower but the food was a meh - was not impressed!

Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Did you contact PP? Did you get any resolution? Is there a recourse?
You didn't miss much!

We have used the KAL Lounge at ICN without issues in December 2016 while flying on OZ LAX-ICN-BKK and they accepted our PP card. We had access to the OZ lounge but we just wanted to try the KAL lounge because of all the bragging by the bloggers! The lounge has a refreshing shower but the food was a meh - was not impressed!
Why would there be any recourse? It's clearly listed in the app/website that the OZ lounge is only for those on OZ flights and the KAL lounge is for KAL/ST flights only. There are plenty of other lounges available if you're not flying one of those.

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...usiness-lounge
https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...cn4-kal-lounge
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:32 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Why would there be any recourse? It's clearly listed in the app/website that the OZ lounge is only for those on OZ flights and the KAL lounge is for KAL/ST flights only. There are plenty of other lounges available if you're not flying one of those.

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...usiness-lounge
https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...cn4-kal-lounge
Thank you for pointing out the verbiage - still, we were allowed then maybe the T&C then was different. Regardless, although appreciate the shower, the OP didn't miss much!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
LAX. Flying American so in Terminal 4. It is in the AM (around 10 AM) so PP website says no access to VA lounge at TBIT. The only restaurant that takes PP in TBIT is not open. So I walk in the tunnel to Terminal 6 to the Alaska Airlines lounge only to find a sign out from saying Priority Pass not admitted.

At least I got my walk in. But having PP didn't help that day.

My home airport (Nashville) has got to be one of the largest airports in the country with zero PP opportunities.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
LAX. Flying American so in Terminal 4. It is in the AM (around 10 AM) so PP website says no access to VA lounge at TBIT. The only restaurant that takes PP in TBIT is not open. So I walk in the tunnel to Terminal 6 to the Alaska Airlines lounge only to find a sign out from saying Priority Pass not admitted.

At least I got my walk in. But having PP didn't help that day.

My home airport (Nashville) has got to be one of the largest airports in the country with zero PP opportunities.
FYI: at LAX, the VA Clubhouse is located in Terminal 2, which is inaccessible from Terminal 4. You can visit the Alaska Airlines lounge in Terminal 6 or visit the Korean Airlines lounge in the TBIT--both terminals are accessible from Terminal 4 with a walkway. I'd recommend the Korean Air Lounge over Alaska because it's more beautiful and spacious and my experience with getting into Alaska Airline's lounges is hit-or-miss because of space restrictions. Also, the Korean Air lounge is located on the fifth floor, which is the very same floor that the SKYBRIDGE is located (that leads to terminal 4,5, and 6) so it's very convenient to get to.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ussvalor
FYI: at LAX, the VA Clubhouse is located in Terminal 2, which is inaccessible from Terminal 4. You can visit the Alaska Airlines lounge in Terminal 6 or visit the Korean Airlines lounge in the TBIT--both terminals are accessible from Terminal 4 with a walkway. I'd recommend the Korean Air Lounge over Alaska because it's more beautiful and spacious and my experience with getting into Alaska Airline's lounges is hit-or-miss because of space restrictions. Also, the Korean Air lounge is located on the fifth floor, which is the very same floor that the SKYBRIDGE is located (that leads to terminal 4,5, and 6) so it's very convenient to get to.

Thank you. I will try the KAL lounge next time I am there if it is in the afternoon. Unfortunately, this was in the morning.

KAL Lounge did not open until noon. Alaska refused entry.

VA closes to PP at 10:30 AM and, as you said, Terminal 2 is not accessible (post security) from Terminal 4

PF Changs doesn't open until 11.

So, it was a challenge. I survived with a surprisingly tasty breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts.

The plus side is I used my free passes in a real nice lounge in Athens and an ok lounge in Las Vegas.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I don't think the AS lounge at LAX takes PP at all anymore, even though they are still listed. So I would not bother. Last time I did drop by the Maple Leaf down the hall with my UA club credit card and found it much nicer than I was expecting.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by wds17
Declined at IAD Turkish Lounge - after spending time during a long layover in the British Airways Galleries Lounge which then closed at 14:00.

Waited 5 min and returned, asked a different person to have the next entrant with status guest me in. Worked.
The physical version of HUCA
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:12 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Lloydcov
3 times at MAN the escape and aspire lounges basically don’t let cards in at certain peak times every day,
Same thing at LGW. The three North Terminal lounges are always crammed and they won't let you in at all.

Same thing at Aspire lounge in LHR T5, which has a really stupid design (long and narrow) and frequently no seats available with a long queue of people waiting to get in. I have managed to get in only rarely.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:18 pm

Been declined at multiple lounges.

Alaska Lounges - but as stated earlier, been dropped. To be honest, if the lounge is affiliated with an airline and crowded, PP members are usually the first to be locked out.
In fairness, PP has been offering discounts and higher end food establishments at the airports, sometimes it's more pleasurable than the lounges anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.