Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by Prospero
I don't have any direct experience of the T2 Plaza Premium lounge but I did a fair amount of research at the time I prepped the opening post. As the main purpose of arrivals lounges is to revive/refresh, showers are a core function so the use of the shower facilities is included with the admission.

As the T3 departure lounges are capacity managed there is the perennial risk of PP card holders being turned away. If seeking guaranteed entry, pre-booking is essential.
when I arrive in Prague , where I've taken a free shower before, for PP Pass holder the Menzies lounge is arrival in Terminal 1.
T1 Menzies Lounge for PP pas members must be the one I sued last year.
It was nice place with small food but free shower and beer.
I won't need aPRG shower if I get it free in LHR.

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by euromannn
Did you read the thread? One poster with who has been to T2,3,4 advises NOT using T3 since food is lesser quality versus T2 or T4.
Make sense to walk 10 minutes to a different terminal for better quality lounge when I have 3 hour layover?
Yes, I did read the thread. I still think it's bizarre. You'll need to go through immigration and customs, then walk to T2 or get the train to T4. Then get back, and go through the normal security (which will be busy in the morning, especially if you don't have FastTrack).

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 30, 2018 at 6:53 am Reason: to comply with FT rule 12
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes, I did read the thread. I still think it's bizarre. You'll need to go through immigration and customs, then walk to T2 or get the train to T4. Then get back, and go through the normal security (which will be busy in the morning, especially if you don't have FastTrack).
T2 was suggested as it "claimed" a 10 minute walk versus a train with T4.
I don't have Fast Track.....and have 3 hour layover.
Unsure of time to go through customs again,

So I do need to account for time to go through customers exit and entry.
Goal was abetter quality breakfast, free shower and will only drink beer if it's excellent quality.

How long would you expect em to go from T3 to T2?

And Then back from T2 to T3?

Last edited by euromannn; Jul 1, 2018 at 10:10 am
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
How long would you expect em to go from T3 to T2?

And Then back from T2 to T3?
For the whole diversion at least an hour possibly more in total to do all the T3->T2->T3 bits, especially if you don't know LHR well and therefore don't instinctively know where you are going. With a 3 hour connection I wouldn't want to bother with this.

It may be the case the food is dire in T3 PP and spectacular in T2 PP, but if that's the choice I would rather stay in T3 and spend my money at one of the restaurants in there instead and save myself all the hassle.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
For the whole diversion at least an hour possibly more in total to do all the T3->T2->T3 bits, especially if you don't know LHR well and therefore don't instinctively know where you are going. With a 3 hour connection I wouldn't want to bother with this.

It may be the case the food is dire in T3 PP and spectacular in T2 PP, but if that's the choice I would rather stay in T3 and spend my money at one of the restaurants in there instead and save myself all the hassle.
Yes, I agree with you on time hassle.

Too bad arrival lounge at T3 is so mediocre.
All lounges should be created equal under PP!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
All lounges should be created equal under PP!
Nice idea but I guess this will never happen.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:04 am

LHR - Plaza Lounge Changes

Got two responses from Plaza Premium (from T2 and T3 Plaza focals) at Heathrow and PP pass is NOT honored in T3.

Sad ---- PP pass is NOT honored equally with same lounge companies even at same airport.
Now I'm reconsidering the T3-->T2-->T3 hassle to find a decent lounge.

"Unfortunately we do not accept Priority Pass in Terminal 3, but this card can be used to access the lounge at Terminal 2 which is approximately 10 minutes’ walk from Terminal 3. The Priority Pass includes the usage of a shower at no extra fee.
Terminal 2 includes Hot full English breakfast and Hot lunch, which is served at a later time. Also, the lounge includes showers, alcohol and nap rooms (which is an extra fee).
If you wish to access the lounge in Terminal 3, you can use the American Express Platinum charge card which also includes the usage of the showers at no extra fee."

"Greeting from Plaza Premium Lounge.
Our arrival lounge in Terminal 3 opening hours is from 05:30am – 14:30pm serving continental breakfast (no alcoholic drinks available), the charge is £30 per person for 1hour or £40 for 2hours which including breakfast and shower facilities. Unfortunately we do not accept Priority Pass in Terminal 3 arrival lounge but we do accept in Terminal 2 arrival and departure lounge. In Terminal 2 the opening hours is from 05:00am – 22:00pm serving English breakfast, alcoholic drinks and shower facilities."
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:30 am

Before venturing out to T2, why not give No. 1 Lounge in T3 a go and see if they let you have showers for free.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Before venturing out to T2, why not give No. 1 Lounge in T3 a go and see if they let you have showers for free.
PP web site says "International telephone calls, Champagne and shower facilities are subject to payment"

Thus unless a nice rep at No 1 waives this fee seems like adorn deal. Plus finding No 1 then going from T2 to T3 through customs might be a time constraint adding the NO 1 routing.
But it would work better if No 1 were free showers. Thanks

This si why PP is so HARD ---- PP isn't sure of fees at each lounge and few lounges will respond in emails to confirm.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
T2 Plaza Premium has notified me that their lOunge is NOT outside customs area. Thus only a 10 minute walk from T3-T2 with free showers and a better meal that posters have identified and Plaza Premium confirms.

Here is Plaza's comment:
"The lounge in Terminal 2 is before security, so you won’t need to re-enter security again. The lounge is within arrivals (Next to Marks & Spencer).
Since your flight is boarding at 3:30pm, and you arrive around 1pm I advise to check-in first because the airport always advise to check-in two hours before your flight is boarding. "

BA will allow me early checkin with 24 hours so seems this is my best option going to T2 Plaza Premium.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
T2 PP Arrivals lounge - like it a lot. No charge for showers (which are nice).
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:22 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

T2 Plaza Premium has notified me that their lOunge is NOT outside customs area. Thus only a 10 minute walk from T3-T2 with free showers and a better meal that posters have identified and Plaza Premium confirms.

Here is Plaza's comment:
"The lounge in Terminal 2 is before security, so you won’t need to re-enter security again. The lounge is within arrivals (Next to Marks & Spencer).
Since your flight is boarding at 3:30pm, and you arrive around 1pm I advise to check-in first because the airport always advise to check-in two hours before your flight is boarding. "

BA will allow me early checkin with 24 hours so seems this is my best option going to T2 Plaza Premium.

Thanks
You *will* need to go through immigration and customs to leave T3. You then walk to T2 arrivals lounge, which is landside. You'll then need to walk back to T3, and go through security to get back airside.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:48 pm

LHR Lounges T3 vs T2

You *will* need to go through immigration and customs to leave T3. You then walk to T2 arrivals lounge, which is landside. You'll then need to walk back to T3, and go through security to get back airside.
Seems Plaza Premium Lounge T2 disagrees with you and their working full time at the airport.

I have NO WAY to confirm your comment vs Plaza Premium who explicitly state

Don't know what to say as the your comment is not consistent with T@ Plaza Premium employee who works at this site daily.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Seems Plaza Premium Lounge T2 disagrees with you and their working full time at the airport.

I have NO WAY to confirm your comment vs Plaza Premium who explicitly state

Don't know what to say as the your comment is not consistent with T@ Plaza Premium employee who works at this site daily.
DYKWIA is correct - I have noted the same up thread as well. You would do well to listen to those who use the airport on a daily basis rather than someone who clearly doesn't understand your scenario and isn't someone who uses the airport as a passenger.

You will have to go through immigration and customs at T3 to get landside, then walk to T2 (use the underground walkways which also lead to the tube and HEX). To get back airside in T3 for your onward flight you will need to walk back and go back through security. As I noted before this is not a 10 minute diversion.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
"The lounge in Terminal 2 is before security.....
Before security means outside the secure area of the airport. You can confirm this by reading the prioritypass.com listing for this lounge which places it landside , which also means outside the secure area.

Last edited by mia; Jul 7, 2018 at 7:19 am Reason: Remove expired link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.