LHR London Heathrow lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:38 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
For the LHR lounges landside (before security), do we need a boarding pass to get in? Or can we enter with a Priority Pass card? I'm asking because I have an airport hotel the day before I fly, and would be nice to get some dinner the day before.
My experience using the T2 plaza premium arrivals lounge was that they didn’t ask for boarding pass. I did have my suitcase with me though.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
So if I am arriving in T3, I could do the No. 1 lounge in T3 (airside), then visit the Plaza Premium T2 lounge (airside). After that clear customs and visit the Plaza Premium T2 lounge (landside). Then finally make a trip to Plaza Premium T4 lounge (airside). Would that work?
You cannot access airside without boarding pass for same day departure. You can visit both T2 and T4 landside lounges.

Last edited by jp_fin; Aug 3, 2018 at 1:41 am
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc

My experience using the T2 plaza premium arrivals lounge was that they didn’t ask for boarding pass. I did have my suitcase with me though.
This is my experience also, never been asked for boarding pass.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by jp_fin
You cannot access airside without boarding pass for same day departure. You can visit both T2 and T4 landside lounges.
How is this enforced? Do they actually check that the boarding pass is a departure pass and not an arrival pass?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:35 pm

So from another thread, I'm getting that LHR T3 (and maybe all terminals) have physically segregated departures and arrivals area, and there is no way to cross between them without reclearing security? Is that true?

I'm now even concerned if I can use the No. 1 lounge at T3 on arrival. I know that LHR has this weird thing of designating departure vs arrival lounge, but I'm looking at the angle of is it feasible to get to the No. 1 lounge at T3 on arrival, as opposed to the intended/recommended use.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So from another thread, I'm getting that LHR T3 (and maybe all terminals) have physically segregated departures and arrivals area, and there is no way to cross between them without reclearing security? Is that true?
yes that's correct. it is true of all terminals at LHR

I'm now even concerned if I can use the No. 1 lounge at T3 on arrival. I know that LHR has this weird thing of designating departure vs arrival lounge, but I'm looking at the angle of is it feasible to get to the No. 1 lounge at T3 on arrival, as opposed to the intended/recommended use.
you would have to go through connections on arrival (includes going through security) to get in to the airside departures area where the no1 lounge is.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Re: T2 Arrivals lounge, same here. Never asked to present a boarding pass.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:36 am

Like other's have mentioned you will not be able to use any airside lounges. Only landside. If you're landing in T3, T2 arrivals lounge is the most convenient option. Though the main purpose of these landside lounges is to freshen up (quick shower) and maybe a quick bit to eat. that's about it - don't go in expecting some amazing food. it's fairly standard food - only eat if you're really hungry. In fact, I only use these lounges for shower and don't bother with food. If you're heading into london later anways, loads of amazing food options there.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:22 am

I just posted this on another thread but this might be a better place:

I'm flying into Terminal 5 at LHR on BA (coming from ABZ) and have hours to kill before meeting a friend to get a long distance bus - which I believe leaves from the airport. I'm a United Club member and UA Silver so I'm pretty sure I can access the UA Club at Terminal 2. But can I get from 5 to 2 airside without an outbound flight from 2?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VoiceActor
I just posted this on another thread but this might be a better place:

I'm flying into Terminal 5 at LHR on BA (coming from ABZ) and have hours to kill before meeting a friend to get a long distance bus - which I believe leaves from the airport. I'm a United Club member and UA Silver so I'm pretty sure I can access the UA Club at Terminal 2. But can I get from 5 to 2 airside without an outbound flight from 2?
Does UA have an open doors policy for its members? If not wouldn’t you have to be on a *A to access a UA lounge? Also isn’t it operated as a departure lounge rather than an arrivals lounge so would you have to be departing LHR to get access?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
.... policy for its members?....]
A valid United Club membership card or one-time pass and a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or military ID) are required.

United reserves the right to limit access and only allow entry to members with a same-day boarding pass. All United Club customers, including members, are eligible to access United Club locations only when they have a flight arriving or departing on any airline the same day, and must show a boarding pass for entry.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ges/rules.html
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Yes, as a UC member I have access to the UC on arrival no matter what airline I'm flying. I checked with them. My issue is I land at T5 and the UC is in T2. Since I have no departing flight, can I get into T2?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

I'm not sure you can. There are two routes from T5 domestic arrivals to T2 departures. Landside via rail/tube or airside. Landside involves a boarding card check at T2; airside involves a boarding pass check at T5 along the way to the flight connection centre. At both control points you'll need a valid boarding pass for an onward flight to proceed
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
I'm not sure you can. There are two routes from T5 domestic arrivals to T2 departures. Landside via rail/tube or airside. Landside involves a boarding card check at T2; airside involves a boarding pass check at T5 along the way to the flight connection centre. At both control points you'll need a valid boarding pass for an onward flight to proceed
That's what I was afraid of. I suppose I can try airside when I land, but I'm not hopeful. I'm sure there's no chance at all that I can get through landside.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:03 am

Will try it soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.