LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by annaschummi
I will be flying out of LAX to FCO on Alitalia flight, business class. I understand I can access KAL lounge just because I fly in business, am I right? I don't have any other status.
I was reading above that for some categories access can be granted after noon only. Is it the case for me?
No. Access based on a business class ticket will take precedence over any Priority Pass time limitations since you're not entering as a Priority Pas member.

Also to try to consolidate some information, I created a WIKI and added the current PP lounges/restaurants and the hours they will accept PP. Please feel free to add to it as y'all see fit.
mia and annaschummi like this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:48 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Tried the PP at Barney's yesterday afternoon around 230 PM on a Friday. Dang you need to be patient. Long waitlist for tables, decided to order to go at the bar. Took over 10 minutes because the bartender wasn't at the bar doing something else. The lady in front of me had waited so long that she had her head down on the bar. I ordered the Barney's burger with onion rings, plus a Chimay while I waited. After a while, the beer came (after I had to recheck with the manager, they all seemed overworked, understaffed and avoided eye contact with customers). I told them I'd come back in 15 to pick up the food. Beware, the beers are like $12 each and the menu doesn't list the prices. I ended up getting the wrong burger and fries (which I realized on the flight).

It's nice since it's "free" but you need patience and it demonstrates the poor quality PP benefits and that PP members only get the last of what's available.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Tried the PP at Barney's yesterday afternoon around 230 PM on a Friday. Dang you need to be patient. Long waitlist for tables, decided to order to go at the bar. Took over 10 minutes because the bartender wasn't at the bar doing something else. The lady in front of me had waited so long that she had her head down on the bar. I ordered the Barney's burger with onion rings, plus a Chimay while I waited. After a while, the beer came (after I had to recheck with the manager, they all seemed overworked, understaffed and avoided eye contact with customers). I told them I'd come back in 15 to pick up the food. Beware, the beers are like $12 each and the menu doesn't list the prices. I ended up getting the wrong burger and fries (which I realized on the flight).

It's nice since it's "free" but you need patience and it demonstrates the poor quality PP benefits and that PP members only get the last of what's available.
I've never been to Barney's but I feel like service would suffer even without PP given enough customers (but PP does make it more likely that it'd be busy).
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD

Concur with everything you said. I went here to grab some food to go. No hostess at the podium so I walked up to the bar to order. There was 1 bartender at 2:30pm, and he was completely slammed. Took 10 minutes to take my order and then informed me that for PP, I had to check in with hostess and get the printed slip of paper. The food took over 15 min and only after I flagged down the manager and asked her if she could check on it. When I checked on the flight, they had missed my dessert. If you have the time you should definitely check your order. The food was not bad. As long as you plan ahead and double check your order, it’s not a bad option. It’s very close to some of the Delta gates so that’s a small plus too.

Servers avoided eye eye contact and looked stressed out to me too. The poor Yelp rating for this location seems fairly deserved. But I don’t hate the free food.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I just added the new Campanile in T4. Has anyone tried it? Reviews online are pretty dismal.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:29 pm

Used it several days ago. Unfortunately the dismal reviews are justified.

Walked in and asked the hostess if it's possible to grab food to go. Hostess asked how long I've got until the flight. 1 hour I said. Hostess then insisted that I've got enough time to dine in and that the kitchen has boxes so ask server. Server came and I asked for the food to go. Server then said we can't do to go for "premier" aka Priority Pass. Fine I'll dine in. Got a frittata that tasted and looked like an omelette. Got a coffee that came with two plastic stirrers inside the cup and tasted horrendous. Before leaving, server asked if I wanted water to go since unused credit goes back to "airline." What happened to the to go conversation earlier?

Would not recommend this place until you're mentally prepared for subpar food and service.

YMMV
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:20 am

Bummer.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
At Barney’s Beanery now, in case anyone is interested, this place currently has a C health rating. Upon further research, it seems that thIs place is 7 points away from being shut down for health violations.

Beers are lukewarm at best direct from the bar, and I’m watching waitresses then let them sit for 5-10 min on the bar and stir them with a straw to put some bubbles back into them before serving to tables.

Based on on the above, have a hard time stomaching the courage to order any food, but settled on a side of fries and a side of onion rings. Fries were edible, onion rings undercooked and not edible, so 50/50 shot?

Best of luck if you must frequent this establishment.

Last edited by drewdawg199; Sep 20, 2018 at 7:09 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
And just adding one more - P.F. Chang's at TBIT just got added. Seems to be a new outlet, but maybe the best choice? Might test it on Sunday.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
And just adding one more - P.F. Chang's at TBIT just got added. Seems to be a new outlet, but maybe the best choice? Might test it on Sunday.
Honestly it probably is given the terrible reviews of the other restaurant options. I'd probably use it next time I'm through LAX. Barney's isn't one I'd have ever tried since I don't think I've ever flown out of T2.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I would rather go early and try getting into the KE lounge than eat at P.F. Chang's.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I would rather go early and try getting into the KE lounge than eat at P.F. Chang's.
But KE lounge also has surprisingly poor reviews, especially for food.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
But KE lounge also has surprisingly poor reviews, especially for food.
I stand by my statement.

KE lounge food is pretty good for a lounge in the US (relatively speaking). Sure it's no HKG lounge, but it rocks the socks off anything that isn't a Centurion Lounge or rare exceptions (e.g. TK in IAD).
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I stand by my statement.

KE lounge food is pretty good for a lounge in the US (relatively speaking). Sure it's no HKG lounge, but it rocks the socks off anything that isn't a Centurion Lounge or rare exceptions (e.g. TK in IAD).
Have to try both then, I suppose...
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:00 pm

Yeah get us a report from PF Changs. I hoping for better. I didn't realize the "c" rating at Barneys though what I saw the one time I was there, I totally get it. It's really hard to stay in business in LA with anything but an "a" rating.

KAL is worn and has had lots of use over the years. Lots of space but the food isn't great. I rather spend a few bucks at Ink Sac which has some tasty sandwiches for like $6. And I'm really cheap so usually would go for the free option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.