LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:26 pm

LAX - Priority Pass on a Wednesday afternoon/evening

Any thoughts on what Lounge I'd have the best chance of getting into? And best times? My flight is 10:30PM but it's LAX so I already planned on arriving early :-)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cueball73
Any thoughts on what Lounge I'd have the best chance of getting into? And best times? My flight is 10:30PM but it's LAX so I already planned on arriving early :-)
I'm just going to move this over to the main LAX thread, just to tidy things up a little and to connect existing information.

It may help to know which LAX terminal you will be departing from? Midweek after the rush hour I wouldn't worry too much about an early arrival. However the timing suggest the Alaska lounge in T6, which is open all the relevant hours, but it's probably the weakest option, and occasionally declines access (though my suspicion is that you will be OK).

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Mar 20, 2018 at 7:46 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I’ve never visited the KAL Lounge in the TB International Terminal, but it looks nice in the PP photos. The Alaska lounge is not impressive. I’d try the KAL lounge.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
I’ve never visited the KAL Lounge in the TB International Terminal, but it looks nice in the PP photos. The Alaska lounge is not impressive. I’d try the KAL lounge.
The pictures are quite outdated. The last time I was there, it was very dirty and the furniture was worn. In terms of food, the KAL lounge has more, with instant noodles, cold pasta salad, and some wraps. Nothing to write home about. AS has better alcohol but only salad, cheese, and the pancake machine.

Finally, the KAL lounge does have hours for PP. Whether they're enforced or not is another matter though. My experience is that they've been pretty strict.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:08 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The KAL lounge looks nice but sucks. I prefer the AS lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
... looks nice but sucks. ...
Specifics?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Finally, the KAL lounge does have hours for PP. Whether they're enforced or not is another matter though. My experience is that they've been pretty strict.
my experience is the same. Last time I was there, there was a long line outside the lounge waiting for the specified PP starting hour. There were a few backpackers wearing dirty sandals and shorts mixed in the line too (some sat on floor). So, these are your priority pass fellow members... sigh. It really looked like a group of starving people waiting in line for their portioned food.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Mar 25, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eeflyer
The pictures are quite outdated. The last time I was there, it was very dirty and the furniture was worn. In terms of food, the KAL lounge has more, with instant noodles, cold pasta salad, and some wraps. Nothing to write home about. AS has better alcohol but only salad, cheese, and the pancake machine.
I don't remember the KAL lounge being dirty when I visited last summer. It's a shame it went downhill that quickly.

That said, it was pretty busy when I went. And there wasn't all that much food-wise either.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:35 pm

Smile Sorry in advance LAX lounges with a shower question

Hi all,

Family of 4 (parents and teens) here,

We’re travelling Virgin Australia SYD-LAX-JFK with a built in layover of 7 hours in LAX. We are doing the same flights in reverse with the same layover a month later. Looking for a lounge with shower facilities in the terminal that we leave from for the LAX-JFK leg on Delta then the LAX-SYD leg on VA. We have no status or card membership to gain access to a Delta or VA lounge. Is there a day pass that we can buy to access a lounge with showers? Is Priority Pass or similar an option? Are we looking at booking a day stay at a nearby hotel? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by WingedWombat
We’re travelling Virgin Australia SYD-LAX-JFK with a built in layover of 7 hours in LAX. We are doing the same flights in reverse with the same layover a month later. Looking for a lounge with shower facilities in the terminal that we leave from for the LAX-JFK leg on Delta then the LAX-SYD leg on VA. We have no status or card membership to gain access to a Delta or VA lounge. Is there a day pass that we can buy to access a lounge with showers? Is Priority Pass or similar an option? Are we looking at booking a day stay at a nearby hotel? Thanks in advance.
I know you have been a member of FT for a few years, but welcome to the Lounges forum, it's good to see you here. We have an existing thread for LAX, since what you are doing is quite a feature of many travellers' plans - you're not the first! So to keep the information together I'm going to slide your post into the existing thread. And certainly no need to be sorry about it!

In short, you'll find there are some lounge options in LAX but some have time restrictions, with just one (Alaska) open all sensible hours. But they are accessible via Priority Pass, and in some cases can be purchased from the lounge's own website.

The day room may work out more cost effective, particularly if you can timeshare its use. Only the Hyatt Regency is in sensible walking distance (and some may query the use of the word sensible on a hot day) but there are heaps of others in the vicinity which send vans around the LAX terminal loop on a fairly regular basis to collect customers. If you're just trying to burn up a bit of time I would suggest going to Santa Monica, which is 30 minutes away and an interesting place to spend a few hours. Marina del Rey is nearer still.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:21 am

Thanks you for the very helpful response and slotting the Q in the right thread! Kind regards, the Wombat.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:25 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So Delta Terminal 2 lounge has showers (I've never used them since I live here) and has a good selection of food throughout the day, free beverages, and overall I enjoy having my membership there. $59 per person. Their Terminal 3 one does not have showers and very small (apparently renovations/expansion will be done by June 2018). You can then hop on the bus to the international terminal (VA check in is actually in terminal 2). That's probably the easiest and most quality bet.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...ction?odp=true

The priority pass lounges are second rate. Korean has showers but isn't great in terms of poor food and beverage, and just getting run down over the years. I don't think Alaska has showers and more of a hike.

Doing a local hotel is likely most cost effective since there are 4 of you.

Also, heading to be beach and a nice meal certainly are easy options and better than the LAX area. (Marina Del Rey, Venice Beach, Manhattan Beach are really near, Santa Monica also not too far off). This is your best option, though your shower likely would be at the beach rinse off area.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: *Gold
Late night paid entry lounge at TBIT?

Hi,
My GF and I would like to grab a shower at LAX before QF12 at 22:30. There don't seem to be many options - the KAL lounge is a priority pass member but doesn't open late enough and both the OW and *A lounges don't seem to have day pass options. Do we need to suck it up and head over to a domestic terminal (and is that even an option?)? We will fly economy and don't have status so paid is the only way to go.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:58 am

The other terminals in LAX aren't really domestic terminals as they would be in some other places, it's a bit more diffuse, but you do have access, TBIT is linked to airside to the other terminals, for example. That said, for an airport of its size and stature, LAX is trailing in options compared to other airports, so there is a huge amount of choice.

I'm merging this in with the main LAX thread since you will see that there is some overlap with previous queries and advice in this area.
CWS/ModLoungeForum
Old May 17, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Given how big the LAX airport is, PP should really get more options that is accessible to each terminal (T1-3 are not connected without a bus)
That bus doesn't even help; Southwest (T1) won't let you board to TBIT unless you have a connecting flight. I'm unsure if you were already in TBIT if they'd let you to T1 with a boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.