LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 10:32 am

I'm am AA Admirals Club member and I also have Priority Pass (both are from credit card perks, if that matters) . I have a Business flight on Alaska Air next week, which I used AA miles to book. I plan to use the Alaska lounge with my PP card around 8 am. But I've learned here that they may not let me in. Worst case scenario...how far is the airside walk from the AS terminal at LAX to the nearest AA terminal with an Admiral's Club?
Old May 17, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I'm am AA Admirals Club member and I also have Priority Pass (both are from credit card perks, if that matters) . I have a Business flight on Alaska Air next week, which I used AA miles to book. I plan to use the Alaska lounge with my PP card around 8 am. But I've learned here that they may not let me in. Worst case scenario...how far is the airside walk from the AS terminal at LAX to the nearest AA terminal with an Admiral's Club?
They'll let you in because you're flying in First class since Alaska allows people in they're travelling in First class, so you won't have to use PP or be subject to the PP restrictions. Even if you were travelling in economy you could gain access using your Admirals Club membership.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
They'll let you in because you're flying in First class since Alaska allows people in they're travelling in First class, so you won't have to use PP or be subject to the PP restrictions. Even if you were travelling in economy you could gain access using your Admirals Club membership.
Really? Even for a domestic flight (LAX-SEA-ANC) booked via AA miles? That will be great news.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Really? Even for a domestic flight (LAX-SEA-ANC) booked via AA miles? That will be great news.
Yep. Double check the fare class, but I don't think AS cares how you booked it.

Passengers traveling on a paid First Class or a First Class award ticket (e.g., A, D, F or P class of service) on flights operated by Alaska Airlines have access to Alaska Lounge locations only on their day of flight. ... Passengers traveling on an upgraded ticket booked in U class do not have complementary access to the Alaska Lounge.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...cies-and-rules
Old May 17, 2018, 11:13 am

Yep. Double check the fare class, but I don't think AS cares how you booked it.
Yeah, it's definitely an A class fare. Thank you for the info. Very cool
krazykanuck likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Hrm, this has me wondering if flying AS in economy would improve chances of being admitted with PP?
Old May 17, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gig103
Hrm, this has me wondering if flying AS in economy would improve chances of being admitted with PP?
In my very limited experience (1 AS flight) it did not help and I was denied at SEA by not one, but two AS lounges.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:36 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So T6 to I believe T4 where the AA clubs are is about a 10 minute walk or so. It's pretty easy
Old May 31, 2018, 10:55 am

LAX - PP or Paid Lounge Access?

Hi everyone, we are traveling thru LAX this summer with a 3.5 hour layover. I have a new CSR card on the way so that gives PP access and I think with unlimited guests, as we'll be traveling before the change to the number of guests.

I also have some travel credit that I need to use asap on one of my cards and would be interested in buying lounge access, perhaps, if it's the way to go.

Can anyone with LAX experience talk to the PP lounges (travel will be a Wednesday so hopefully not too busy) versus the option of buying a day pass to another lounge?
Old May 31, 2018, 2:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by heckofagator
.... CSR card on the way so that gives PP access and I think with unlimited guests, ...
Chase has never offered unlimited guests. Each lounges determines the number of guests we may bring. Chase offers no charge for any number of guests, and this will change to no charge for two guests.

There is discussion of LAX lounges here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...rity-pass.html
Old May 31, 2018, 2:22 pm

You can walk to In n Out if you want the exercise and its a nice day (I've done it before). You can take an Uber up the beach a bit and walk around. No need to hang out at LAX for hours. F that.
Whats the over/under for staying in the airport vs walking or going outside somewhere? We are flying TPA to Vancouver with a 3.5hour stop in LAX and trying to figure out what to do.

Also, if you were going to buy daily access to a lounge in LAX, which one would it be?
Old May 31, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by heckofagator
Whats the over/under for staying in the airport vs walking or going outside somewhere? We are flying TPA to Vancouver with a 3.5hour stop in LAX and trying to figure out what to do.

Also, if you were going to buy daily access to a lounge in LAX, which one would it be?
That's kinda on the low end for leaving LAX. You would probably have time to go get some food but that's about it. time I went up to the beach I had a ~10 hr layover to kill.

Honestly I think the best lounge option for a day pass is the United Club. You could pick up a couple of one time passes on ebay for fairly cheap and hang out there. What airline are you flying? As mentioned here most terminals are connected airside, but not all, so airline matters.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Alaska has not been allowing passengers in due to capacity controls, so that leaves you the KLM lounge which is in the International Terminal from 12p-8p. What airline are you flying - not all terminals are connected airside (past security) to the international terminal.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:36 pm

We're Delta (operated by WestJet). I guess we might be in the international terminal if going to Vancouver?
Old May 31, 2018, 5:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
WestJet website shows Terminal 2.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...k-in/terminals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.