Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Do PP offer any restaurant credits at any of London Heathrow Terminals ?
Go to prioritypass.com and enter LHR to search:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...a-dcc2db3c85d2

No restaurants are listed, only lounges.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
The program experienced some growing pains. Lots of new customers were acquired in a short amount of time, so what do you do? Fortunately, that comes with more revenue to expand your business.

I think the addition of restaurants is a great one. Especially when you start to get into airports having multiple options. Many people with the pass are simply looking to choose whatever they can get that is included. Given a choice, some will choose restaurant, some will choose lounge. Hopefully, things will start to level out sooner than later.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I think the addition of restaurants is a great one.
I agree - I don't know how much the (overly-crowded and capacity-controlled) AS lounge in PDX makes in $$ when I PP in there, but I've completely forgone them for the Cafe instead at least 5 times now (and usually end up having to add another $5-10 to cover my bill)- I'd say it's a net win for the participating restaurants.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by behyx
Can I check if my wife and me have our own unlimited PP cards (only valid for 1 entry per card, no guests), are we able to bring 5 more guests into Priority Pass restaurants in MEL? I understand we have $36 worth of credits per person ($72 for us), and let's say all 7 of us dine, and total bill came up to $100, we just need to top up $28 will do? And our 5 other guests will not be charged additional 'per-person' fee?

At the restaurant in SYD, they asked how many guests on the card(s). After signing on the machine, they said you have $36 x N total to spend. It was a self serve restaurant you order at the counter and they give you a pager. You pick up your food when it's ready. It doesn't matter, and they don't care, how many in your party.

I am sure even if it were a full service restaurant, the billing works the same way. They deduct $36 x # of PP_guest/member from the total. You can bring in as many guests as you want, subject to the restaurant's minimum charge per person policy, if any.

Last edited by beep88; Apr 25, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by mia
Not always. Before the consolidation of the legacy USA-based airlines (DL/NW, UA/CO, AA/US) most of those airlines had surplus capacity in their lounges, and most accepted Priority Pass at some or all locations. Consolidation reduced surplus capacity in passenger seats, resulting in higher fares; and in lounges, resulting in elimination of Priority Pass as a means of access. Today only Alaska Airlines still accepts Priority Pass, and frankly I don't know why they continue because their lounges are often near capacity.

Priority Pass has addressed this structural change by building some of their own lounges. (The lounges named The Club at ... are operated by a related company.) The restaurant credits are another strategy, which will likely be refined before it is greatly expanded.
The Club Lounges I have been to in Seattle are very roomy but lacking in quality items like liquor, food, etc.

Same person who admits you in lounge must pour your drinks which are limited options and quantity.
Dried noodle soup and fruit and a few small bags of chips was all that was available.

Attendant told me to come at 10pm at night when Asian flights arrive ---LMFAO

Otherwise he told The Club is a poor lounge to eat at.

Last edited by euromannn; Apr 29, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:30 pm

Priority Pass

Originally Posted by beep88
At the restaurant in SYD, they asked how many guests on the card(s). After signing on the machine, they said you have $36 x N total to spend. It was a self serve restaurant you order at the counter and they give you a pager. You pick up your food when it's ready. It doesn't matter, and they don't care, how many in your party.

I am sure even if it were a full service restaurant, the billing works the same way. They deduct $36 x # of PP_guest/member from the total. You can bring in as many guests as you want, subject to the restaurant's minimum charge per person policy, if any.
Where do I find a list of restaurants that accept PP in airports?

AS Lounge is Seattle has not allowed me in in one year always claiming reserved fro first/business class.
Usually flying AA wen I enter.

Last edited by euromannn; Apr 29, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:27 pm
mia

Originally Posted by euromannn
Where do I find a list of restaurants that accept PP in airports?....
Same place as you find lounges:

https://www.prioritypass.com/

There are no participating restaurants as SEA:, but there are five lounges:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-da64614c1e65#
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Same place as you find lounges:

https://www.prioritypass.com/

There are no participating restaurants as SEA:, but there are five lounges:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-da64614c1e65#

Thanks , but the information on web site in misleading and inaccurate. AS is denying access in Seattle --- reserved for AS first/business/ and AS card members.
1. London Gatwick & Sydney are the only airports with restaurants.
PP says doesn't know of any others after I showed them on their web site where this was discussed.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/blog...t-know-you-had

2. Seattle has 5 lounges but Alaska who has 3 lounges is denying access to D Concourse (twice to me --- don't like PP membership passes).
So out of the 2 The club(which I don't like) and the three AS lounges - seems many are having access problems.

Also MASS confusion on which lounges allow guests and how much each can charge.
Chase has no clue. PP has no clue. Airport lounges say contact your bank if PP card is issued through a bank like Chase, Citi, etc.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:43 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Mel int'l also?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks , but the information on web site in misleading and inaccurate. AS is denying access in Seattle --- reserved for AS first/business/ and AS card members.
PP says doesn't know of any others after I showed them on their web site where this was discussed.

2. Seattle has 5 lounges but Alaska who has 3 lounges is denying access to D Concourse (twice to me --- don't like PP membership passes).
So out of the 2 The club(which I don't like) and the three AS lounges - seems many are having access problems.

Also MASS confusion on which lounges allow guests and how much each can charge.
Chase has no clue. PP has no clue. Airport lounges say contact your bank if PP card is issued through a bank like Chase, Citi, etc.
1) No they aren't. They have them at PDX, JFK, LEX, among others. PP doesn't provide a list though I think some of the 3rd party bloggers are keeping track. They're all on the PP website if you search by airport.

2) Alaska denying access to PP has been known and very common for well over a year now unfortunately. Huge thread in the Alaska forum about it.

As for the mass confusion, it's on the user to know how many guests they can bring in for free, since the lounge agents have no way of knowing what your particular PP card entitles you to. Their job is to swipe your card, and have you sign. All the financial parts are handled on the back end by Priority Pass themselves. Lounges allow "unlimited" guests, unless otherwise stated on the PP website. In my experience, it's "unlimited", 2 guests, or 0 guests, and I put "unlimited" in quotes because the lounges always have discretion to limit guests.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
1) No they aren't. They have them at PDX, JFK, LEX, among others. PP doesn't provide a list though I think some of the 3rd party bloggers are keeping track. They're all on the PP website if you search by airport.

2) Alaska denying access to PP has been known and very common for well over a year now unfortunately. Huge thread in the Alaska forum about it.

As for the mass confusion, it's on the user to know how many guests they can bring in for free, since the lounge agents have no way of knowing what your particular PP card entitles you to. Their job is to swipe your card, and have you sign. All the financial parts are handled on the back end by Priority Pass themselves. Lounges allow "unlimited" guests, unless otherwise stated on the PP website. In my experience, it's "unlimited", 2 guests, or 0 guests, and I put "unlimited" in quotes because the lounges always have discretion to limit guests.
1. Problem - PP does a pathetic job identifying the restaurants making you search.
PP advised me a maximum of 8 guests were allowed at restaurants but has NO written documentation to back this guests number up..
as for PDX, JFK, LEX, among others.-- PP only documents on web site London & Sydney.........which was my point their web site is OUTDATED for information.

2, Problem - AS Lounges ---- PP seems UNAWARE that AS is denying lounge access at least in Seattle but still publishes on the PP web site these lounges as part of program.
Unethical of PP

3. Problem - NOBODY involved merchants (70 companies issuing PP cards) know about the number of guests allowed or costs for guests. Zero documentation available from from PP or merchants (banks like chase or Citi )where I've had PP cards issued from both. Zero documentation to challenge a lounge on costs or rules.
To pass responsibility onto the card holder is ridiculous as I have no way of checking prior to going to a lounge if it's actually allowing PP card members entry or guest or additional costs for guests.
Chase - today stated today 5 guests free at lounges were allowed with their PP card and I told them RIDICULOUS comment.
PP stated only Chase could tell me the answer
Lounges ---- can't do anything until card it scanned which means your guests may be denied entry completely or charged anywhere from $49.00 to whatever amount the lounge wishes.

PP is becoming joke as it's web site is WRONG. Just because it adds RESTAURANTS doesn't mean the process works as even at PP there is confusion of number of guests at restaurants and no written documentation to support customer if challenged at a restaurant on credit allowed. PP web site states restaurants in Sydney get $36 x number of guests. Nothing more
SO $36.00 Aus = $27.19 US.

PP need to be held accountable to identify and remove all lounges not being allowed access like with Alaska as it's FALSELY advertising AS availability.

My friend was in Anchorage a few months ago and had no problem in AS lounge --- but guest cost $49.00 after PP told him prior to trip it was free.

PP is a joke.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:03 am
mia

This is factually inaccurate. Look, for example, at the listing for Portland, Oregon:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...0-a5b88b30fc56

The "outdated" item that you found on the Priority Pass website is a "blog" article written when the first restaurants were added. It is clearly dated August 1, 2017. The participating restaurants are listed with the lounges at each airport. What would be the benefit of having a separate list of restaurants?

The guest policy is VERY simple. The individual lounge decides how many guests you may bring into the lounge. The amount you will be charged for bringing those guests is determined by the terms your Priority Pass membership. If your membership is through Chase Sapphire Reserve there will be no charge for any number of guests, but you still abide by the lounge's decision on how many you may bring. If you had a membership that did not include free guests you would be charged $27/guest/visit, not $49. The lounge attendant knows nothing about the terms of your Priority Pass membership and will never collect any money from a person using Priority Pass for entry.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by mia; Apr 30, 2018 at 11:16 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is factually inaccurate. Look, for example, at the listing for Portland, Oregon:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...0-a5b88b30fc56

The "outdated" item that you found on the Priority Pass website is a "blog" article written when the first restaurants were added. It is clearly dated August 1, 2017. The participating restaurants are listed with the lounges at each airport. What would be the benefit of having a separate list of restaurants?

The guest policy is VERY simple. The individual lounge decides how many guests you may bring into the lounge. The amount you will be charged for bringing those guests is determined by the terms your Priority Pass membership. If your membership is through Chase Sapphire Reserve there will be no charge for any number of guests, but you still abide by the lounge's decision on how many you may bring. If you had a membership that did not include free guests you would be charged $27/guest/visit, not $49. The lounge attendant knows nothing about the terms of your Priority Pass membership and will never collect any money from a person using Priority Pass for entry.

1. Yes --- finally you understand the PP web is WRONG on benefits page!
That as my point----- outdated PP web site.

2.Chase advised me it has ZERO documentation it can send me on charges for guest or number allowed. Only general brochure with no specifics.

3. Then you make a statement Chase guests are unlimited but the lounge can change terms.

Still sounds RIDICULOUS and PP web site is unethical to not remove the AS Lounges in city where PP cards are denied entry.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:58 pm
mia

....you make a statement Chase guests are unlimited but the lounge can change terms......
Try again:

Each lounge establishes its own guest policy. It controls the NUMBER of guests we are permitted to bring.

Priority Pass pays the lounge for each member and guest visit.

Chase does not pass those charges through to us, but Chase cannot determine the number of guests that a lounge will admit.

Last edited by mia; Apr 30, 2018 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Try again:

Each lounges establishes its own guest policy. It controls the NUMBER of guests you are permitted to bring.

Priority Pass pays the lounge for each member and guest visit.

Chase does not pass those charges through to us, but Chase cannot determine the number of guests that a lounge will admit.

Try again
- PP advises go to Chase for ALL information ----- Wrong chase is clueless of lounge requirements and has zero documentation other than general brochure.
Problem - PP is UNTRAINED --- advices going to wrong focal.

- Lounges - no documentation exists to show what each lounge will allow was the can deny ALL guests and nobody to complain to for violations since NOBODY(PP & cha) know nothing about accessories rights or costs.

- PP web is the unethical to list AS lounges if AS has denied against entry
AS never told me that is was against ALL PP members just that is was reserved for AS first/business and customers.

So we've gone a full circle -------- and PP never updates web site, Chase is clueless on a PP card it issues and the deteriorating PP program has been a circulate joke from day 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.