Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best Priority Pass lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
That reminds me: The Plaza Premium lounges in YVR's transborder area is also vastly superior to the MLL and thus the best one. Also has warm, actually substantial food and a bartender.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:17 am

Which PP lounge has champagne?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Not quite "best lounge"...more like "unique offering": your PP membership includes a $28 whiskey tasting at PDX from the distillery a little bit past the Alaska lounge.

If your PP membership includes guests, the guests get their own tasting as well. The $28 actually covers the full tasting plus a cocktail of your choice...

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I was pleasantly surprised with the offering at MSP, Escape Lounge. It was modern, not too crowded, comfortable and had pretty decent food offerings. Also, the Asiana lounge at ICN is a pretty good option.
I was disappointed with MSP in May. Over the past several months, the Escape Lounge went way downhill, according to Yelp. When we went in May, the person at the front desk told us that they weren't serving food because there wasn't enough staff. Apparently, that had been a problem for a while. That lounge is no longer part of PP, though, having been replaced by this one.

Originally Posted by Artpen100
The relatively new The Lounge in C terminal at BOS is the best lounge there.
A good space, although I've been denied entry in the past because the lounge was too crowded. Sadly, they've stopped serving the Jelly Belly jelly beans, though, replacing them with generic ones. Yuck.

Best of? Well, I never thought that I would say that I would find anything at Gatwick to ever be the best of anything, but the Priority Pass lounge was wonderful (Yes, that link is self-promotional. Mods, feel free to remove if it's against ToS.).

Mike
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by spaceian
I'm living in the San Francisco south bay these days and The Club at SJC is always really great. Comfortable, great snacks, friendly staff, and a good bar. In fact, when its not crazy with Int'l flight pax, I often get drink service directly at my seat.

My only fear is that as the airport gets busier... so will this lounge.
I've been to the SJC lounge several times and I agree, though so far I've only seen it busy once.

Another fairly nice lounge is the KAL one at LAX's TBIT, but they definitely have crowding issues.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
CPT has two nice bidvest PP lounges with a nice food spread and decent facilities.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I was pleasantly surprised with the offering at MSP, Escape Lounge. It was modern, not too crowded, comfortable and had pretty decent food offerings.
Unfortunately this one just got dropped from the program. Agreed that it was one of the better ones I've used.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:10 am

air france BKK

my vote goes to air france in BKK, concourse F.

showers, rotating hot foods, decent booze, a sparkling white which is at least as good as some champagnes i have had.

and they arent sticklers for the 3 hour rule.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:24 pm

I like the Club@SJC what is nice is the alcohol selection is very good. You are limited however to three pours per hour which is fair. They have Frexinet Cava, Hennesy Cognac, Couivisser Cognac, Bailey's Irish Creme, Amaretto, Campari, Tanqueray and Bombay Gin the list goes on. Plus they have a nice beer and decent wine selection and Perrier Water.

About 9:30 AM they have a buffet of hot items and in the afternoon soups and inini sandwiches. Their espresso machine has various types such as Peet's Coffee and the soda machine is nice.

What makes this lounge nice with the shower is that its rarely crowded and they have a comfortable seating area. They also operate other clubs like Club@PHX etc.

While other lounges like United offer basic items this lounge makes up for it in their premium alcohol that is gratis. The bartender makes a really ogod Bloody Mary and makes it nice and spicy.

Also they will come around askin for refills of your drinks to your table. The views of the runways and mountains is nice and the attendants are very friendly.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by spaceian
I'm living in the San Francisco south bay these days and The Club at SJC is always really great. Comfortable, great snacks, friendly staff, and a good bar. In fact, when its not crazy with Int'l flight pax, I often get drink service directly at my seat.

My only fear is that as the airport gets busier... so will this lounge.
I could not agree more. I have spent 3-4 hours here before and love the bar service. Just the fact that I can get a good Cognac or Whiskey is worth it alone. Even if I had to pay the Day Pass rate of $35 its better than the bars in the airport.

I use my Priority Pass wisely here and I know the staff pretty well. One bar tender remembered that I like a Johnny Walker and brought it to me without asking and said "Welcome back how are your travels". Of course I tip them well.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DavidVenuto
The one in Toronto is decent. It also comes free with a lot of Canadian credit cards.
Plaza Premium Lounges are pretty nice, I've been to the one in SIN T1, YVR INTL, and HKG Arrival. Never been to the one in HKG Departures, but I suspect it's quite similar to the CX lounges as Plaza Premium operates those as well (since I have access to CX lounges, I just go there). I went to both the Plaza and CX lounge in YVR INTL, and realized the food was identical and the staff were the same between the two. The lounges in SIN don't mind me using the lounges on arrival, which is nice as I can eat lunch there before heading into the city.

DNATA and SATS in SIN T1 are decent too. Didn't bother checking some of the other SIN lounges. KAL lounge in LAX is decent but a far cry from the OW F/J lounges but superior to the Admirals Club.

Alaska lounges are so-so, I usually access those via my Admirals Club membership instead of PP.

I find the combination of having OneWorld Emerald, Admirals Club, and Priority Pass to be a great combination that virtually ensures that I have a decent lounge at almost any airport along my travels.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Plaza Premium Lounges are pretty nice, I've been to the one in SIN T1, YVR INTL, and HKG Arrival. Never been to the one in HKG Departures, but I suspect it's quite similar to the CX lounges as Plaza Premium operates those as well (since I have access to CX lounges, I just go there). I went to both the Plaza and CX lounge in YVR INTL, and realized the food was identical and the staff were the same between the two. The lounges in SIN don't mind me using the lounges on arrival, which is nice as I can eat lunch there before heading into the city.

DNATA and SATS in SIN T1 are decent too. Didn't bother checking some of the other SIN lounges. KAL lounge in LAX is decent but a far cry from the OW F/J lounges but superior to the Admirals Club.

Alaska lounges are so-so, I usually access those via my Admirals Club membership instead of PP.

I find the combination of having OneWorld Emerald, Admirals Club, and Priority Pass to be a great combination that virtually ensures that I have a decent lounge at almost any airport along my travels.
Some of the Plaza Premium lounges at times have very poor food options. For example, a Plaza Premium arrival lounge at DEL may seem to have little or nothing in regard to real food for a meal. Then it just means you're getting a decent place to sit, rest and the like but have to bail to eat food. The departure lounges may at times be better than the Plaza Premium arrival lounges, but this varies by airport.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I've had nothing but thoroughly decent experiences at all of the Plaza Premium Lounges in Canada YVR, YEG, YYC in the USA transborder areas. Nice lunch offerings, good seating and calm atmosphere.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:36 am

This has been mentioned quite a few times but I thought I'd mention it anyways. The YVR INTL lounge is fantastic, much better than the AC MLL. There's even fishball soup noodle if you walk further in though I would be cautious of the hot sauce, it is incredibly spicy. I wasn't super thrilled with the YVR US Transborder though as it was quite small and dingy. The domestic one upstairs after security is not too shabby, I've had quite a few good breakfasts there.

I recently went to the PP in HKG by gate 40 (at the other end). This one was better than the one close to the shopping area. There was a noodle bar with some decent breakfast options. It was quite busy though and there was a queue to get in. My favourite was the pancake machine!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:13 pm

SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore is one of the better Priority Pass lounges. It is a contract lounge run by SATS Ltd (https://www.sats.com.sg), a Singapore company in the aviation industry (doing ground handling and other airport services).

I've used it a few times, either on Priority Pass or when flying Business class on certain airlines. Norwegian.com uses this lounge for their premium cabin passengers, though it is not stated on their website.

Last edited by iluvcruising2; Mar 30, 2018 at 11:13 pm Reason: re-post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.