Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Airpoints?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
(my record is under a week)
I've been trying to figure out how you could earn 1350 points in less than a week, please tell us how you did it, I can only guess that you did NZ UK return a number of times, never getting off the plane, what kind of job do you have that requirers that much travel.

Are you one fo the Black Gold Elite members?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Date is in!

EARN AIR NEW ZEALAND AIRPOINTS STATUS POINTS ON EVERY FLIGHT

Air New Zealand is making it easier and faster for your customers to work their way up the tiers in the Airpoints frequent flyer programme.

Under changes being made to the programme from 31 October, every fare purchased by Airpoints members on Air New Zealand operated flights will earn Status Points, including all Smart Saver and tactical airfares.

Status Points are used to determine tier status, ranging from Jade to Silver, Gold and Gold Elite.

Previously, tier status within the programme was based on Airpoints Dollars earned, but because these are not earned on some fares, some flights did not count towards customers’ status.

Because of this change it is important that you enter your client’s Airpoints number into all bookings from now on so that they are recognised for all flights they take with us.
does this date refer to flights purchased after this date, or to flights taken after this date?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I expect it would be flights taken from 1 November, regardless of when they were purchased. Of course still nil earning for flights paid with airpoints.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I expect it would be flights taken from 1 November, regardless of when they were purchased. Of course still nil earning for flights paid with airpoints.
If you paid for your flexi saver tickets or above by Airpoints, you would still be ticketed in normal fare class, ie YBMH etc. Does that mean you could actually claim miles with other *A programs? I mean how would other programs know?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
If you paid for your flexi saver tickets or above by Airpoints, you would still be ticketed in normal fare class, ie YBMH etc. Does that mean you could actually claim miles with other *A programs? I mean how would other programs know?
When the other program sent the claim through to NZ they would deny it as a redemption.

No credit.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
I've been trying to figure out how you could earn 1350 points in less than a week, please tell us how you did it, I can only guess that you did NZ UK return a number of times, never getting off the plane, what kind of job do you have that requirers that much travel.

Are you one fo the Black Gold Elite members?
Last Northern Lights Sale gave extra Airpoints. What you then needed to do flying BP, start on somewhere in NZ in the second zone, overnight then go to LAX of HKG and stopover, then go to LHR stopover then to HKG or LAX stopover, then back to AKL stopever then to the point of origin. Stopovers yield more points than flying "direct" and the Northen Lights bonus toakes you over the threshold. That was last year though
I know this from a certain incorridgible that was trying to influence my behaviour.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:39 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Last Northern Lights Sale gave extra Airpoints. What you then needed to do flying BP, start on somewhere in NZ in the second zone, overnight then go to LAX of HKG and stopover, then go to LHR stopover then to HKG or LAX stopover, then back to AKL stopever then to the point of origin. Stopovers yield more points than flying "direct" and the Northen Lights bonus toakes you over the threshold. That was last year though
I know this from a certain incorridgible that was trying to influence my behaviour.
Surely this would only work on a mixed-carrier itinerary though?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I just can't see why you would need to do that, the only jobs I can think of that would require that kind of travel schedule are diplomatic couriers and air marshals. It's interesting that Kiwi Flyer hasn't said how he did it, many people have asked.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Some of us need to do things in LAX, HKG, etc as well as in Europe
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
Kiwi Flyer .. Man of Mystery
Old Oct 30, 2008, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by davidrnz

So he's Austin Powers?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
So he's Austin Powers?
Pretty much!

But don't tell anyone...it's an NZ board secret
Old Oct 30, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Wink What's Kiwi Flyer?

Originally Posted by davidrnz
So he's Austin Powers?
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Pretty much!

But don't tell anyone...it's an NZ board secret
Well if you really want to know, Kiwi Flyer is an ......
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Back to the topic, while talking with Airpoints on the phone last night they confirmed that another change to the programme is the removal (somehow) or changes to the mixed carrier earning. For example flying AKL-LAX-ORD in biz will now earn the full NZ airpoints for AKL-LAX even though the connection is on to UA.
Very good change ^
Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:03 pm

Pretty dull really...

On Air New Zealand flights that don't earn Airpoints Dollars (e.g. Smart Saver and grabaseat), you will earn Status Points at the Discount Economy rate. On Air New Zealand flights where you earn Airpoints Dollars, you will earn an equal number of Status Points.
These being the only changes to status benefits:

ePass

If you are a Gold Elite, Gold, Silver or Koru member you will receive your own ePass. The ePass is an electronic tag that identifies you at our airport kiosks, boarding gates, and Koru Lounges.

When travelling within New Zealand, if you only have carry-on luggage, just scan the ePass at the gate when you go to board. If you have bags, scan the ePass at a kiosk. Collect your boarding pass, attach the printed bag tags and drop your bags on the bag drop belt. Remember to make sure your bag weighs less than 25kg.

Stick the ePass to the back of your mobile or anything else you can be sure you'll have with you at all times. Your personal ePass works on a radio frequency and only contains one unique code, which we use to identify you. We don't store any other information on your ePass so you can be confident all your personal information is safe.
Gold Elite Gifts

We've introduced Gold Elite Gifts to thank our Gold Elite members for choosing to fly with us so frequently. When a member reaches 2500 Status Points from their last requalification date, we'll get in touch with them to ask what gift they would like. An example of a Gold Elite Gift could include:

* A degustation and wine match dinner for two at one of the award winning restaurants of our consultant chefs.
* A case of medal winning wines from the Air New Zealand Wine Awards.
* An extra year at Gold Elite status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.