Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Airpoints?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Received an email from NZ regarding changes to airpoints. Only 6 days behind schedule
Old Nov 9, 2008, 9:30 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Discounted business class awards on NZ are also going up 1 December.

Code:
One-way cost (+ taxes)
AKL to  Current  New
Honolulu  1,060 1,830 +73%
Noumea    1,020   710 -30%
Tahiti    1,020   710 -30%
Asia      1,420 1,980 +39%
USA       1,750 2,790 +59%
Canada    1,750 2,790 +59%
London    2,270 3,190 +41%
NOU/PPT are the exception, but their existing award cost was over-priced (being higher than some fares).
On the new scale, HNL and Asia look overpriced relative to fares.
Well these increases seem to reasonable for those on the eastern side of the ditch. For those of us on the other side things are a little bit more dire with regards to these "special" business class fares(and you've got to remember these are AUD's not NZD airpoints):

Code:
One-way cost (+ taxes)
from Eastern Australia
to             old          new
Honolulu	1,290	2,130	+65%
Noumea/Tahiti	920	1,250	+36%
Asia    	1,305	2,360	+81%
North America	1,590	4,150	+161%
London   	2,070	4,200	+103%
So for a business class to North America, the best way would be to do one redemption to AKL (959++), then a second from AKL (if avail) for 2790NZD converted to AUD airpoints at prevailing rate.

On the upside the new Aussie airpoints chart has been posted and no changes for Australia to North America on star alliance - which is still good value (on either UA or AC - 740 in Y, 1590 in C). But Asia/Europe routes are significantly more expensive (the influence of SQ perhaps??)
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by djsteve
Quote:
Gold Elite Gifts

We've introduced Gold Elite Gifts to thank our Gold Elite members for choosing to fly with us so frequently. When a member reaches 2500 Status Points from their last requalification date, we'll get in touch with them to ask what gift they would like. An example of a Gold Elite Gift could include:

* A degustation and wine match dinner for two at one of the award winning restaurants of our consultant chefs.
* A case of medal winning wines from the Air New Zealand Wine Awards.
* An extra year at Gold Elite status.

So is the above another way of saying they are going to scrap the christmas gift for gold elites?
To update the NZ*E+ gifts are additional to NZ*E christmas gifts, at least this time. Delivery of the first batch is now due February.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Check you Status Points After you fly.

I had to do a Manual Claim for my SYD-AKL on Monday, AKL-BNE worked straight away.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:58 am

Programs: NZ*E,SQ ,QF IC AMB Plat, hltn gold
on the subject of status points , i have a had a small "debate" with NZ regards the fact that as i requal'd in half a year my staus poiints on my statement disappear , this is not right in my opinion, i will not make double status like some but i do need to know what the amount is so i can decide to throw them at another program or actaully try hard to reach the new level. i have banged on about this for some time that the , ongoing miles between requal and anniversary go down the plug hole and this is jolly unfair. No one will gove me a reason why the status points tally diappears , i would believe it becasue we dont think abt how many miles we are accruing in dead zone , yes i know i can choose to accrue them elsewhere but as i have already over requal'd by 200 which cant be helped i am in a diff position. i wont have enough to make enough i dont think in say TG but perhaps those who are wise could make a comment , as i estimate i will accrue the equivalent of 600 staus points before anniversary rollover.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by rich5011
on the subject of status points , i have a had a small "debate" with NZ regards the fact that as i requal'd in half a year my staus poiints on my statement disappear , this is not right in my opinion, i will not make double status like some but i do need to know what the amount is so i can decide to throw them at another program or actaully try hard to reach the new level. i have banged on about this for some time that the , ongoing miles between requal and anniversary go down the plug hole and this is jolly unfair. No one will gove me a reason why the status points tally diappears , i would believe it becasue we dont think abt how many miles we are accruing in dead zone , yes i know i can choose to accrue them elsewhere but as i have already over requal'd by 200 which cant be helped i am in a diff position. i wont have enough to make enough i dont think in say TG but perhaps those who are wise could make a comment , as i estimate i will accrue the equivalent of 600 staus points before anniversary rollover.
I doubt they do this deliberately - the sort of people that program shop usually would keep detailed records of their accruals (or even simple ones).

The answer to your last question depends on whether the status points being earned on longhaul or shorthaul or domestic flights, in C or Y?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 8:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There is a monthly sweep to check who qualifies for NZ*E+ gifts.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Recently recieved the Elite+ gift and we are looking forward to the free night out at Citreon (in my opinion one of the best restaurants in WLG). Thanks Air New Zealand. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.