Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
If you married them
Unfortunately that's not legal
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:27 pm

Well they can change that!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Wink

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Unfortunately that's not legal
Well they can change that!
Here I was thinking that "Civil Unions" allowed any sort of "coupling".
Well wasn't that what the opposition to the Bill claimed?
Old Oct 5, 2008, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Here I was thinking that "Civil Unions" allowed any sort of "coupling".
Well wasn't that what the opposition to the Bill claimed?
I wasn't referring to civil unions

Although kudos to any hardcore FT'er that marries for CL membership
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:02 pm

This thread here refers to an Air NZ employee who said the changes were due out next week.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:25 am

This thread here refers to an Air NZ employee who said the changes were due out next week.
They have sent the new membership guide for printing.

The planets are aligning!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 1:47 am

They have sent the new membership guide for printing.

The planets are aligning!
So will we all get a snail mail membership guide or just an email advising of changes?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 1:52 am

If you're lucky you'll get neither!
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: Air NZ, UA, Qantas, BA
Pushed back to end of month

Changes now gone back to the end of this month
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by kiwiscot
Changes now gone back to the end of this month
Is this going to be the date of change or date of annoucement for a change at a later date?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I wasn't referring to civil unions

Although kudos to any hardcore FT'er that marries for CL membership

Especially since all the women members of parliament in NZ are pig ugly it would be a brave person indeed who wanted to marry one for status. Apologies to anyone here who is either a female MOP of married to one.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:54 pm

I'd like to know how this new system will work.

Will they be changing the WHOLE system whereby Airpoints Dollars don't count for status at all and members earn status credits/tier points/EQM's which count towards status and separate Airpoints Dollars that are just for rewards?

Or will they have a complicated system whereby Airpoints Dollars still count towards status and nothing changes on that front, but NZ introduce some sort of status credit/tier point/EQM system that only applies for Domestic, Tasman and Pacific Smart Saver Fares. So essentially you can either earn status through AP$ as normal or smart saver fare status credit system or a mixture of both?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:54 pm

To possibly bring this thread crashing back down to Earth, my Koru Club renewal letter this month began with a sentence to the effect that 'exciting changes to Koru Club will be coming soon'. So it may be that any pending changes to AirPoints are of the same type - around lounges and other benefits on the ground - and nothing at all to do with earn rates or redemption possibilities.

So by all means speculate, but keep those reality check goggles on too
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
To possibly bring this thread crashing back down to Earth, my Koru Club renewal letter this month began with a sentence to the effect that 'exciting changes to Koru Club will be coming soon'. So it may be that any pending changes to AirPoints are of the same type - around lounges and other benefits on the ground - and nothing at all to do with earn rates or redemption possibilities.

So by all means speculate, but keep those reality check goggles on too
NZ have already publicly announced that they will be introducing the ability to earn status on all flights (read: domestic, tasman and pacific smart saver fares). They haven't elaborated on what sort of new system will be developed or what changes will be made to the old system to make this possible.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ, UA, Qantas, BA
I'd like to know how this new system will work.

Will they be changing the WHOLE system whereby Airpoints Dollars don't count for status at all and members earn status credits/tier points/EQM's which count towards status and separate Airpoints Dollars that are just for rewards?

Or will they have a complicated system whereby Airpoints Dollars still count towards status and nothing changes on that front, but NZ introduce some sort of status credit/tier point/EQM system that only applies for Domestic, Tasman and Pacific Smart Saver Fares. So essentially you can either earn status through AP$ as normal or smart saver fare status credit system or a mixture of both?
I was led to believe that every flight earns credits towards tier status but only certain categories of flight earn Airpoints Dollars. The credits are the same value as Airpoints Dollars.
For example AKL-WLG with Grab a seat would earn say 8 tier credits but no Airpoints Dollars. However a full economy flight from AKL-WLG would earn 19 Airpoints Dollars AND 19 tier credits.
The tier credit levels are set the same as they are today hence the corresponding value with Airpoints Dollars. i.e. 450 for Silver, 900 to Gold, etc.

At least this was my understanding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.