Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Airpoints?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:13 pm

I guess I will just have to keep flying Qantas for NZ domestic then. Some miles with Qantas are better than no miles with Air NZ !.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I'm in the same situation as you.

Except DUD is only serviced by NZ and DJ, so getting a QF flight entails getting to CHC or ZQN first. And I hate flying DJ even though they give you points on all fares as well. I just take NZ flights and resign myself to the fact that I won't be moving up the status ladder. Will probably buy a KC membership sometime soon though. Worth it now for the lounge access, Space+ seating and priority check-in.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
I sure would like to earn some status for all NZ flights - because I am an organised person and my work trips are usually planned months in advance I nearly always get booked into Smart Saver and earn no miles/status on my flights.

30 flights this year and still only half way to Silver!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
any news on possible changes to AirPoints programme?
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:31 pm

Nope. If I had to make a guess I'd say that they won't release announcements about the exact changes/make the changes until at least December. I'm thinking that because the 767 and A320 refit is supposed to be completed in December that they will do a big press release about the new trans-tasman/pacific services plus airpoints changes at the same time.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:39 pm

I would expect to see them in the back half of October... they have already been pushed back once from earlier in the year.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
I would expect to see them in the back half of October... they have already been pushed back once from earlier in the year.
That would be great! I have quite a bit of smart saver NZ travel booked for the next few months and it would be great to get those credited to status earning rather than have them go to waste while NZ decide when to introduce the changes.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 6:20 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Team Manager in WLG this morning said new check-in process will be launched in December. Just in time for Christmas Holidays!!! This might tie in with changes to Airpoints.

Concern in WLG is where Premium Counters will be located because International and Domestic counters are together compared to AKL & CHC.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador, Qantas Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
My understanding is that NZ Black will be invitation only - perhaps similar to UA UGS.
I was chatting recently to someone at ANZ who expressed surprise that I knew about such a level (told them to read Flyer Talk they might be surprised what they learn about their airline!) Anyway from what I heard, the new level is apparently going to be handpicked from the 2000 (?) or so Gold Elites - they mentioned possibly from a selection of Politicians, sportspeople, chief executives and the like.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by fleet7
I was chatting recently to someone at ANZ who expressed surprise that I knew about such a level (told them to read Flyer Talk they might be surprised what they learn about their airline!) Anyway from what I heard, the new level is apparently going to be handpicked from the 2000 (?) or so Gold Elites - they mentioned possibly from a selection of Politicians, sportspeople, chief executives and the like.
OT: Are NZ politicians and NZX50 CEO's/CFO's/MD's/GM's offered QF Chairman's Lounge membership?
Old Oct 3, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
OT: Are NZ politicians and NZX50 CEO's/CFO's/MD's/GM's offered QF Chairman's Lounge membership?
I know tier 1 PS are, not that I am one but the tier 2 that I travelled with mentioned he could only get QP membership.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I know tier 1 PS are, not that I am one but the tier 2 that I travelled with mentioned he could only get QP membership.
I'm assuming that's just Ministers? Or all MP's?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:46 pm

I'm assuming that's just Ministers? Or all MP's?
All Members of the New Zealand House of Representatives are entitled to CL status.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
All Members of the New Zealand House of Representatives are entitled to CL status.
Do you think if a certain member did not want CL status they could confer it onto someone else?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:16 pm

Do you think if a certain member did not want CL status they could confer it onto someone else?
If you married them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.