Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:08 pm

Seating charts don't match

Originally Posted by melbtraveller
I am travelling to SFO in late Jul and noticed when booking that the 747 seat request map did not match that shown on the Air NZ website (exit rows on this flight shown as 31 and 43 not 35 and 45).

Does anyone know why this is? Does this indicate a newly reconfigured 747 will operate this route?

I'm traveling LAX-AKL in October and noticed the same thing. The seat request when booking (exit rows 31/43) don't match the NZ website (exit rows 35/45). I didn't think of the fact that it could be the seating chart of the newly configured planes.

Maybe airnzboy has some insight?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT jennjga

Perhaps its time for say April (which is definitely too early for the refurbished a/c and see what that shows?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 9:03 pm

It seems that the seatmap changes about the time when F A ticketing stops.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Updates

Hi all, just a few minor updates..
  • Added information about seat layout as per ozstamps' excellent suggestion.
  • Added information about Y class meal service, as this may influence some people's choice of seat
  • Added Zaco's observation about 762 Row 11 missing window
  • Added disclaimer to 747 info regarding 74R

melbtraveller and jennjga: Unfortunately I can't help with your queries about the 74R seatmap - although I have the seatmaps, the numbering system for the rows isn't on them! I'm sure all will be revealed shortly..
Old Jan 28, 2005, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
It doesnt show up well on the seatmap, but for 737 dom config seats 1DEF have much more legroom than 1ABC
I find there is no longer any noticable difference on domestic 737 services between 1ABC and 1DEF.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 7:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

So does that mean the rows are offset? Or maybe the bulkheads are now more aligned? Or maybe my experiences were limited to specific aircraft?
Old Jan 28, 2005, 9:08 pm

Yes, perhaps the configs are slightly different on some aircraft. When Express first started up Row 2 was the place to be.

If anyone experiences any different note the aircrafts reg and post it here. You can find the reg on a metal plate situated in the door cavity [above your head] as you enter the aircraft.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 5:36 am

Programs: NZ
best seats boeing 737 300

Hi there is one aircraft that 1def is the best and that is ZK-NGO as that has more leg room than first class literally!!!!! Apart from that the best seat on a 733 IS THE EXIT ROWS seats 12 a and f where there is reclining seats and lots of leg room due to no seat in front
Old Feb 15, 2005, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by richkiwi
Hi there is one aircraft that 1def is the best and that is ZK-NGO as that has more leg room than first class literally!!!!!
Yeah, I always hope for that one too!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: NZ *S
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Does anyone have any seating advice for the Saab 340s, especially for a view junkie like me? I'm guessing the last row (11) probably has the most unobstructed view, but is this one of those a/c where they skimp on the legroom for the back of the bus? From what I remember, the Saabs are pretty squeezy at the best of times...
I always go for 10F - you're unlikely to have anyone put next to you (they all want to be up front), plently of room, FC often sit in 11F and are good to chat with.... and it's one of the quietest seats on the plane.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SW Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Five Star,
Great employee

airnzboy is a credit to his company and his country. Would someone please advise me on the best seating and meal selection for the following scenario: US Dividend Miles on NZ for 2 business class seats from LAX to PPT, Flight 25 (Boeing 767) on March 23 & 24. Then one Business Class seat and one Coach seat (Business not yet available from US Dividend Award) on NZ #41 from PPT to AKL, which is also a 767, on April 3 & 4. We fly First Class from AKL to LAX on NZ#6 on April 4, but I do not know what model 747. We will be in Auckland from 10:30 AM until 7:45 PM and would appreciate any advice on how to see the city in that short period of layover. Since this is a lifetime dream vacation, we would love to hear about the advantages like Club visitations, etc. that NZ offers a US Frequent Traveler. Is there a special 800 number to at NZ to call for help?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Hi

airnzboy's post is spot on about the best 767 seats and ones to avoid. You'll be on 767-300. So business row 1 is good but best not in the centre two, economy row 19.

NZ only operates one model of 747, the 747-400. All have huge amount of space but row one there isnt as big a gap between the two sides (and other disadvantage is less overhead bin space). Row 3 is closest to galley but I actually prefer it.

As US Gold you will have access to the NZ lounges including guest. AKL lounge is very good, LAX not so good.

If you leave the airport in AKL be sure to get a departure tax exemption sticker (from the transit desk) to avoid the NZ$25 fee payable at the airport. I think www.airbus.co.nz have a special deal for day visitors - travel to & from the city centre plus entry to a couple of sights for moderate price (sorry cant recall amount, never used it myself). Allow about 45 minutes each way for the airbus (slightly less for taxi, slightly more in rush hour).
Old Mar 3, 2005, 9:38 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Just realised I forgot to answer meal request question.

On NZ the standard meals are great (especially in business and first as you'd expect). However, you can pre-order a special meal if you want (eg vegetarian). Easiest way to do this is to call Air NZ on 1-800-262-1234 or in LAX 310-615-1111.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I see that a very bare bones seatmap for the Bombardier Q300 is now live on the NZ site (doesn't even have row numbers!):
http://www.airnz.co.nz/travelinfo/on...q300_popup.htm

I guess there's not too much scope for much variation in layout. Looks like row 10 is the exit row - I wonder if there's any extra space? It looks like there might be a little. The seatguru.com entry for US Airways Q300 which have a slightly different layout (but still with 50 seats) lists 31" pitch...

Last edited by mad_atta; Mar 8, 2005 at 7:24 pm
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:53 pm

Good to see NZ will not have those rear facing 1EF seats such as the AC Q300.

How many FA's will the Q300 have ?

Last edited by everywhere; Mar 8, 2005 at 9:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.