Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ: In the News and Announcements

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Workhorse
Interesting. I fly domestically about 10-12 times per month and have recently started recording all the issues/delays I’ve been experiencing. For the past two months my booking reliability has been 14%. Would have to work out reliability for individual flights but it would be well under 40%. I emailed AirNZ about this and got fobbed off with a generic reply.
Update on this. I work for a large state owned enterprise (>4000 employees) and we’ve just had comms from our CEO stating that we are to use Jetstar as default where possible. This is due to AirNZ’s recent price increases (and high general cost) and also poor reliability, which was specifically mentioned. Interesting to note that AirNZ’s reliability issues are bad enough to warrant a mention on a CEO’s company wide email!
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by Workhorse; May 4, 2024 at 4:30 pm
Old May 5, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Workhorse
Update on this. I work for a large state owned enterprise (>4000 employees) and we’ve just had comms from our CEO stating that we are to use Jetstar as default where possible. This is due to AirNZ’s recent price increases (and high general cost) and also poor reliability, which was specifically mentioned. Interesting to note that AirNZ’s reliability issues are bad enough to warrant a mention on a CEO’s company wide email!
I fly about the same every month on NZ regional services. I scrolled through my text message alerts from NZ regarding flight delays and have about 40 from last September (though I was offshore for all of October and on leave during the Christmas period, so no NZ flying for at least 6 weeks).
I sent a note to NZ about this and got the same fobbed off response. I suggested that a few AP$ as compensation and they didn't address that suggestion. It seems you just have to suck it up - your time is theirs to waste.
I took four flights a fortnight ago within NZ and two were delayed more than 30 minutes, one was a replacement of an Airbus with an ATR and the fourth was cancelled and I was accommodate two hours later.
I have a WLG trip this week and will take JQ at least on one leg. I have an AKL flight next week and JQ is $00's cheaper at the same time as NZ, so they will get business from two of us.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
The new VA codeshare is only for fares ex-Australia on trans-Tasman routes while the current QF codeshare is only for NZ domestic connections after a non-codeshared QF trans-Tasman flight. What a freak show!

Hope the QF partnership will end soon so that the VA relatsionship can improve. Currently an Airpoints member enjoys no benefits at all unless you are connecting to a third airport.
thats what I was hinting i know another thread. How interesting, and I feel is VA can focus on domestic, NZ can certainly benefit and not have it compete with them on TT
VA doesn't compete with NZ for the most part, thus the upcoming one way block codeshare arrangement. I wouldn't expect the old JV to return for the short term future or for some time after any post-IPO (whenever that may be), the current VA owners are not willing to spend the costs/CapEx associated with JVs and Alliance memberships.

The current upcoming deal leaves 100% of the operating costs on NZ as VA takes a lower risk by basically reselling NZ seats to VA customers (under the VA code) as a "authorised travel agent" for NZ. NZ gets commission/codeshare revenue from seats sold by VA as part of the upcoming arrangement.
djsflynn likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:47 pm

I couldn't find this posted earlier and unsure what the impact of it will be if anything?

Air New Zealand is overhauling its Seats to Suit products on short-haul international routes to give passengers more affordable flexibility - and drive more revenue for the airline.

It will offer cheaper ways to buy more flexible tickets and at least snacks and seat-back entertainment for all passengers.

It is, however, doing away with options for a neighbour-free seat and the opportunity to buy food on its short-haul flights across the Tasman and to the Pacific Islands.

The changes start for new bookings from June 11.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OSAQQZFBKLA6U/

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/35025...ers-short-haul
Old May 8, 2024, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by 40love
I couldn't find this posted earlier and unsure what the impact of it will be if anything?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OSAQQZFBKLA6U/

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/35025...ers-short-haul
This thread?

Shorthaul Seats2suit changes from June 2024
henrus and 40love like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 9:00 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Noel Philips review of AKL to IAH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.