Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ: In the News and Announcements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by mmonster
https://www.reseller.co.nz/article/2...l-airline.html

I am thinking if I am missing anything...
They jump on every passing fad (eg. All that Hololens hype) but still can't get the basics right like changing a booking online or checking in on the mobile apps natively without jumping to a mobile webpage. Air NZ also are one of the last airlines to implement TSA pre-check

Last edited by samjnz; Apr 17, 2024 at 9:27 pm
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:59 pm

i like what co-pilot can do, specially in the time-saving space. It is very expensive though.

but yea, maybe update their outdated booking system lol
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Air New Zealand passenger breaks leg on Bali to Auckland

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/air-ne...GXTSPZ6WIZJXM/
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:10 pm

Press release issued this morning.

Air New Zealand shares summer schedule updates

Air New Zealand has today revealed updates to its capacity and network this summer, with the confirmed return of two routes, an extended pause on another, and additional capacity into key markets.

The airline will return to Hobart and Seoul in October 2024 after both were paused over the New Zealand winter period.

Both the Auckland to Hobart and Auckland to Seoul routes will be seasonal services, with Air New Zealand operating three direct flights a week to each destination over the summer months from October – March.

The airline will also be expanding its capacity on key Asian routes, with Singapore, Tokyo, and Taipei all seeing increases in seat numbers on offer between November 2024 and March 2025 as a result of the introduction of Air New Zealand’s larger 777-300 aircraft on these routes. The increase includes a higher proportion of premium seats, giving customers more opportunities to travel with extra space and comfort.

The 777-300 aircraft also has a 30 percent higher cargo capability than the 787 aircraft they replace, which will provide a welcome boost for exporters to these markets and beyond.

While Air New Zealand is returning to routes and increasing some capacity, aircraft availability limitations due to ongoing engine challenges mean it has had to extend the pause to its Chicago service which was due to resume from October 2024.

Air New Zealand General Manager Long Haul Scott Carr says it was a tough decision, but one that meant the airline could return to key destinations on its network and assure customers’ travel plans on other routes.

“Unfortunately, ongoing challenges with the availability of Rolls Royce Trent 1000 engines on our 787-9 aircraft means we haven’t been able to return to our Chicago route in October as expected. We anticipate returning to Chicago when we receive our new 787 aircraft from Boeing, currently expected in the second half of 2025.

“Over the next few days, our teams will be in touch directly with customers who have bookings on our Chicago route from October to share their options, so they do not need to contact us proactively. Those who booked via a travel agent should contact their agent to confirm changes to their itinerary.

“While we know this news of a further pause will be disappointing for customers with travel plans to Chicago, there are still plenty of options to travel to the city with a stopover in another US port.

“Our premium cabins are incredibly popular with customers travelling to and from destinations like Singapore, Tokyo, and Taipei, so we’re excited to introduce increased capacity from November to give those customers more seats to book travel.

“We’re committed to connecting New Zealand with the world and these schedule changes mean we can continue to do that.”
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:47 pm

Also, not that it matters to many of us here, but Air NZ had quietly put up the paid seat select cost yesterday. $5-$10 increase on most domestic and short-haul seat types, and much more for long-haul seats (I think from $139 to $190 for exit seats, and from an already ridiculous $75 for preferred seats in U to $120).
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:29 pm

Amendments to long-term Domestic fares

Air New Zealand wishes to advise agents that our long-term domestic fares across all routeswill be increasing for sales effective from Tuesday 23 April 2024.
​​​​​​This one probably does affect us
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rtv4
​​​​​​
Amendments to long-term Domestic fares

Air New Zealand wishes to advise agents that our long-term domestic fares across all routeswill be increasing for sales effective from Tuesday 23 April 2024.

This one probably does affect us
And so yet another de-valuation of Airpoints….
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
And so yet another de-valuation of Airpoints….
Of course you'll earn more though since Air NZ have told us APD earn is a revenue based.

Oh wait...
Thai-Kiwi and samjaynz like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:45 am

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/ai...menting-widget
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

29 April NZ Hearld
Air New Zealand versus Jetstar: Which airline’s the most reliable right now
Air New Zealand’s on-time performance of its domestic jets has slipped in the last three months, with almost a quarter of flights classified as arriving late.From 88 per cent of flights arriving within 15 minutes of their scheduled times in January, this had fallen to 77 per cent in March - behind rival Jetstar and at a time when Air New Zealand was gearing up to put up prices.
<snip>
Jetstar, with 230 departures a week, has a much smaller domestic network in this country than Air NZ. The Australian airline is reporting March was one of the best months in recent years, with not a single flight cancelled and 78.6 per cent of flights arriving within 15 minutes of their scheduled time.

So far this month, Jetstar’s OTP in this country is around 80 per cent and the cancellation rate at around 1.3 per cent.
<snip>
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:58 am

Interesting. I fly domestically about 10-12 times per month and have recently started recording all the issues/delays I’ve been experiencing. For the past two months my booking reliability has been 14%. Would have to work out reliability for individual flights but it would be well under 40%. I emailed AirNZ about this and got fobbed off with a generic reply.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:04 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Workhorse
Interesting. I fly domestically about 10-12 times per month and have recently started recording all the issues/delays I’ve been experiencing. For the past two months my booking reliability has been 14%. Would have to work out reliability for individual flights but it would be well under 40%. I emailed AirNZ about this and got fobbed off with a generic reply.
I haven't flown a lot domestically so far this year but it's interesting to see so many people saying the same thing. I recall their issues in late 2018 and early 2019 and things seem very similar - I recall getting up to something like 22 flights in a row back then that were delayed which was truly an unbelievable statistic.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Workhorse
For airlines plus/minus 15 minutes is considered on time. Do you stat's take account of that 15 minutes?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:36 am

I think 6/8 AKL to WLG afternoon/evening flights this past 4 months have been delayed either because the inbound aircraft was late, or the crew heading to Wellington wasn't ready yet. Sometimes it made using flexi pointless lol.

I know its easy to get flow on effect in their schedule
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:39 am

I’d take 15 min delays any day of the week! My disruptions have been mainly cancellations, cancellations of cancellations, and delay chain reactions meaning i miss subsequent legs and then get shunted onto later flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.