Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ: In the News and Announcements

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by Alphapapa

I reckon over half the coffees in the lounge seem to be in takeaway cups, which to be fair the bulk of don't leave the lounge.
As others have suggested, just have the default in the mobile app as a ceramic mug, and have the takeaway cup option only available within say 20 minutes of departure (the app knows the scheduled or rescheduled departure time)...knowing most domestic flights board 15 minutes before departure.
This would mean that people who are dining in the lounge and arrive early only have the ceramic mug option, and those who intend to take a coffee onboard have the takeaway cup option to order closer to departure.
I'm really surprised NZ didnt think of this, and if they did why they didnt implement it?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by greg23
those who intend to take a coffee onboard have the takeaway cup option to order closer to departure. I'm really surprised NZ didnt think of this, and if they did why they didnt implement it?
I am quite annoyed about this. Am often in quite a hurry passing through the lounge to make my next connection and will usually grab my coffee just prior to going to the gate in order to take onboard and consume at my leisure. Maybe I'll start taking the ceramic mug!
taupo and greg23 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:57 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
They’ve dressed some of the world’s most famous. Now they’re dressing us. All will be unveiled

Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by Speargrass Flat
I am quite annoyed about this. Am often in quite a hurry passing through the lounge to make my next connection and will usually grab my coffee just prior to going to the gate in order to take onboard and consume at my leisure. Maybe I'll start taking the ceramic mug!
Likewise, because of how over capacity most Koru lounges are, this was my one extravagance as an Elite, to enter the lounge and grab a takeaway coffee to take onboard. I'm over trying to find a vacant seat, most lounges have become Zoo's, and its more peaceful to find a quiet spot in the terminal.
Now I'll resort to buying a takeaway coffee in the terminal, and having exactly the same environmental impact as before.
Rubbing salt in the wound is the fact that when they do their onboard service they will still offer everyone a takeaway coffee cup.

It's obvious green washing, and another perk removed. NZ seem to be going to great lengths to piss off their most loyal customers.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Maybe people should just start taking the ceramic cups out of the lounge.. If then then have to put resources into stopping this from occuring or staylrt noticing excessive missing cups or staff on planes being handed ceramic cups to return they'll realise what a stupid idea this was.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:20 am

What a question.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: NZ ELT, QR SIL
The 77W is my current favorite, and most elegant in NZ's fleet IMO.

Though, the 744 will always secure an honorable mention. There was something great about seeing NZ's 744 at an outstation such as LAX.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by prp343

What a question.
maybe which ones on time?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Disabled traveller felt dehumanised on AirNZ

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/di...L6MENCPIAQMPY/
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Rebound
They’ve dressed some of the world’s most famous. Now they’re dressing us. All will be unveiled

What a colossal waste of scarce resources.
Window dressing as opposed to dealing with real problems
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:32 am

I wonder why the journalist chose to call her a disabled passenger? Her issue was simply one of being very large vs having any form of conventional disability.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:28 pm

The fact this is news is ridiculous.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
What a colossal waste of scarce resources.
Window dressing as opposed to dealing with real problems
I am all for this, I think the Trelise Cooper ones are dated and tacky. With cabin crew being a rather prominent part of the brand it's an understandable undertaking.

Curious to see what Emilia Wickstead comes up with, always been a fan of her work.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Chessboxin
The fact this is news is ridiculous.
It's right up there with this! https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/air-ne...NC4YBIWWM5CTA/
Thai-Kiwi, AviationNZ and greg23 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
And this rubbish story “Why does this Air New Zealand plane look different?”, STUFF was overvalued at $1. Their reporters cannot spell, use correct grammar or compose a story worth readiing. Why is this news?
greg23 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.