Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air NZ App

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 7:38 pm

I think I was among the first to realise and post about the increase in cost for a checked bag. This was because I had a seat fare and used the App to add a bag and it asked for $30. I don't think I used the website or maybe I'm misremembering.

Side question - if you have seat only and add a bag do you get 2 SP for adding the bag in this manner?
Old May 13, 2024, 7:54 pm

$30 for WLG-DUD via app for a legacy booking
Old May 13, 2024, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by 40love
I think I was among the first to realise and post about the increase in cost for a checked bag. This was because I had a seat fare and used the App to add a bag and it asked for $30. I don't think I used the website or maybe I'm misremembering.

Side question - if you have seat only and add a bag do you get 2 SP for adding the bag in this manner?
Yes.

You get the SP for the fare ‘class’ (YBMHQ….XKPF) and ‘product’ (Seat, S+B, FlexiChg, FlexiRef) purchased.
40love likes this.
Old Yesterday, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Additional app security implemented

Mindlessly updated a bunch of apps on my iPhone, and when opening the AirNZ app I get greeted with a security change I must make within 14 days.

Anyone know quite what this is about? I am a cautious adopter.and what is the (veiled threat) about avoiding disruption to your account actually mean?

Old Yesterday, 1:59 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Mindlessly updated a bunch of apps on my iPhone, and when opening the AirNZ app I get greeted with a security change I must make within 14 days.

Anyone know quite what this is about? I am a cautious adopter.and what is the (veiled threat) about avoiding disruption to your account actually mean?
I went with it, and regret it. Doing things in the app (e.g seat select) now means the app 'phones home' to an identity / authentication module which takes up a good few seconds worth of time. I cannot see the benefit at this time. Quicker to use a web browser and MMB almost.
Old Yesterday, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
I went with it, and regret it. Doing things in the app (e.g seat select) now means the app 'phones home' to an identity / authentication module which takes up a good few seconds worth of time. I cannot see the benefit at this time. Quicker to use a web browser and MMB almost.
More convenient login experience and enhanced security

Old Yesterday, 3:22 am

It supports passkeys. Personally liking the authentication platform they are using.

Compared with other airlines have accounts with, AirNZ is leaps and bounds ahead.
Old Yesterday, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzkarit
It supports passkeys. Personally liking the authentication platform they are using.

Compared with other airlines have accounts with, AirNZ is leaps and bounds ahead.
Forgive the Luddite question - can I assume that implementing one of AirNZs preferred authentication systems will tidy this up?
Old Yesterday, 4:10 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
If only passkeys weren't such a cluster*uck.

Last edited by sbiddle; Yesterday at 4:24 am
Old Yesterday, 4:51 am

Programs: NZ*G
Does anybody have any issues using the Air NZ app with cellular? I get a no network error when attempting to use the app on anything other than Wi-Fi.
Old Yesterday, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by NPCtom
Does anybody have any issues using the Air NZ app with cellular? I get a no network error when attempting to use the app on anything other than Wi-Fi.
Never had an issue on cell.
Old Yesterday, 5:22 pm

A third iOS update within 4 days. Must be a very buggy update?
Old Yesterday, 5:42 pm

A third iOS update within 4 days. Must be a very buggy update?
Not really. Plenty of places that do a lot of releases. Or A/B testing.

Places like trademe and google are near continual releases particularly when consider A/B testing that takes place.
Old Yesterday, 6:20 pm

How does this introduce A/B testing? Ive only ever seen frequent releases when a bug release needs to be fixed but it takes a day or so for the fixed release to be approved by the App Store.

Interestingly I havent been pushed any update to 4.5.0 but can find the update manually if I search for the air NZ app on App Store. Is that the A/B aspect?

Old Yesterday, 10:49 pm

How does this introduce A/B testing? Ive only ever seen frequent releases when a bug release needs to be fixed but it takes a day or so for the fixed release to be approved by the App Store.

Interestingly I havent been pushed any update to 4.5.0 but can find the update manually if I search for the air NZ app on App Store. Is that the A/B aspect?

The Play Store and App Store both have Beta programs or Dev programs that give a group of users early access to apps. Then from what I understand you can have a stage rollout out. So not all users get immediately so can get telemetry/feedback as you roll out to more users. And there are also options for A/B testing in the rollout options as well. I am unsure how these are displayed in the version history.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.