Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air NZ App

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2024, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Yeah mutlistops pick interesting destinations. Particularly when outbound & inbound different routes.
This wasn’t a multi stop ticket though (but maybe as you say it’s the different outbound/inbound routes - especially as the routing is essentially “around the world”)
Old Apr 20, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by Nightowl888
This wasn’t a multi stop ticket though (but maybe as you say it’s the different outbound/inbound routes - especially as the routing is essentially “around the world”)
Have seen similar weirdness in app display for a return-via-different route booking I have. Also, originally had booking management (seat selection etc) available via going to the other airlines’ sites direct. Then a while back since booking, the star alliance legs are now manageable through the air nz app, and can no longer seat select with the metal-airline’s own website.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by JayKiwi
Then a while back since booking, the star alliance legs are now manageable through the air nz app, and can no longer seat select with the metal-airline’s own website.
I have another NZ booking (not the London one) flying NZ/SQ.
I can select all of my SQ seats on the NZ app, but on the SQ website using the partner ref, I only select seats for my SQ operates flights that are ticketed as SQ (SQ946 and SQ939), and not the one ticketed as air NZ code share (NZ3287).

Straying off topic here but I wonder what this will mean for book the cook closer to the time, as I’d ideally like to be able to do this for NZ3287/SQ287.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 6:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
I have another NZ booking (not the London one) flying NZ/SQ.
I can select all of my SQ seats on the NZ app, but on the SQ website using the partner ref, I only select seats for my SQ operates flights that are ticketed as SQ (SQ946 and SQ939), and not the one ticketed as air NZ code share (NZ3287).

Straying off topic here but I wonder what this will mean for book the cook closer to the time, as I’d ideally like to be able to do this for NZ3287/SQ287.
I see exactly the same re: Seat Select for my SQ legs. I haven’t clicked on Meals yet, but expect that will work fine, or I’ll call them. Initially after the booking was made, I could choose seats via SQ website, and then it flipped to Air NZ control a few months ago - weird, especially as I’ve never seen Seat Select work for non NZ metal via Air NZ site/app historically? Maybe others have.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by JayKiwi
I see exactly the same re: Seat Select for my SQ legs. I haven’t clicked on Meals yet, but expect that will work fine, or I’ll call them. Initially after the booking was made, I could choose seats via SQ website, and then it flipped to Air NZ control a few months ago - weird, especially as I’ve never seen Seat Select work for non NZ metal via Air NZ site/app historically? Maybe others have.
At the time of booking on the NZ website, I could only select seats for NZ sectors, but as soon as my booking was confirmed I could go back into seat select (on the NZ website still) and choose all of my SQ seats as well

Unfortunately that’s not the case for my UA/SQ flights for my trip to London as I described a few posts above, but I suspect that was due to it being booked through a travel agent. I’ll have a fluff around with the ticket number or partner ref on the UA/SQ websites and if that doesn’t work I’ll call them, as I certainly don’t want to risk a middle seat on a couple of 10+ hour flights!
Old Apr 20, 2024, 6:57 pm

you have to use the SQ app/website and partner ref to make choices in Book the Cook
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by raznz
you have to use the SQ app/website and partner ref to make choices in Book the Cook
I know, but when I go to manage booking on the SQ app/website I get this:

So I am hoping, that even though I can’t select a seat on SQ’s app as it’s an NZ codeshare flight number, that I’ll still be able to book the cook in the app closer to the time of departure.

As I mentioned earlier the seat selection was fine on SQ’s app for my other SQ flights though, and for this particular flight I selected a seat on the NZ app with no issue.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:42 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Yeah mutlistops pick interesting destinations. Particularly when outbound & inbound different routes.
My app is doing similar (I have a return trip to UK going out via Singapore and back via LAX, and it has the whole trip named as a "Trip To Los Angeles" when in fact I'll be spending about 4 hours there, hopefully some of it at In n Out burger)
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by samjaynz
My app is doing similar (I have a return trip to UK going out via Singapore and back via LAX, and it has the whole trip named as a "Trip To Los Angeles" when in fact I'll be spending about 4 hours there, hopefully some of it at In n Out burger)
You can rename the trip in the app, next to the booking reference, select the ...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:00 pm

I know, but when I go to manage booking on the SQ app/website I get this:

So I am hoping, that even though I can’t select a seat on SQ’s app as it’s an NZ codeshare flight number, that I’ll still be able to book the cook in the app closer to the time of departure.

As I mentioned earlier the seat selection was fine on SQ’s app for my other SQ flights though, and for this particular flight I selected a seat on the NZ app with no issue.
weird, does it let you select the seat on the NZ app? (which you usually do, especially if this is an 086 ticket)

edit: yea i can do BTC on the SQ app, but seat select has to happen on the NZ app
Attached Images   

Last edited by raznz; Apr 20, 2024 at 8:13 pm Reason: added image
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by raznz
weird, does it let you select the seat on the NZ app? (which you usually do, especially if this is an 086 ticket)

edit: yea i can do BTC on the SQ app, but seat select has to happen on the NZ app
Ah yes I get the exact same as you (also an 086 ticket). I selected my seat on the NZ app and the seat number shows up in the SQ app, I just have no ability to change it there.

Good to know that book the cook in the SQ seems to work regardless though!
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:42 pm

Yea if it helps every 086 ticket I have on SQ, seat select is on NZ app regardless of codeshare flight number or not.

but if it’s UA for example I do the seat select on UA.
Nightowl888 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 3:00 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I have these bookings which are NZ3282 and NZ3326. SQ Metal. Ticketed on Air NZ stock. I can not seat select on the app or desktop version. Is it a glitch? this is business class.

Cheers
Attached Images    
Old Apr 22, 2024, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I have a SIN-BKK sector shortly. SQ metal and NZ codeshare. On 086 stock.

I can select (limited) seats via the NZ app, but nothing on SQ app.

Old Apr 22, 2024, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
I have these bookings which are NZ3282 and NZ3326. SQ Metal. Ticketed on Air NZ stock. I can not seat select on the app or desktop version. Is it a glitch? this is business class.

Cheers
how long ago did you book this? I've seen this happen when SQ hasn't confirmed the ticket on their side, so you just have to try again later on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.