Wiki Posts
Search

New Air NZ App

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
New Air NZ App

Apparently out in November. Excited to see what's new/improved.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:22 pm

Where did you see this? Had a friend send me a screenshot, but not sure where they saw it either. Can't see it on the Media release page too.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:48 pm

Twitter had some references.

Just hoping they don't bury boarding pass/flight info like other airline apps
OpenSky likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Facebook post is where I saw it
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
SeaProf likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Did nobody tell them Air NZ PNR's all end in H?
Kiwi Flyer and codyc1515 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
lol, that would be too perfect for them to figure it out, To me, having a picture for Seoul is a good start on the existing app, and would be good to have seat map displayed and not block too many seats would be good....
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:41 pm

Not only that. The iPhone models shown have the gap for mmWave 5G (which is not offered on iPhone models anywhere outside the USA).
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:20 pm

Are there ranges of test PNRs similar to test credit card numbers?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:40 pm

Hopefully the website will be next.
Sure it is fine for now - perhaps considered advanced for maybe 10 years ago, but could certainly do with a refresh and to be simplified down a lot. Virgin Australia is an example of a great airline website.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
QF app has the ability to show partner bookings made with no relations to QF. I recently booked a Malaysia Airlines flight that has nothing to do with QF (a standalone Malaysia domestic flight). I am surprised to find that it shows up on my QF app purely because I entered my QF number in the booking. I wish NZ could have this function that consolidates all *A bookings regardless of where you book them.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
QF app has the ability to show partner bookings made with no relations to QF. I recently booked a Malaysia Airlines flight that has nothing to do with QF (a standalone Malaysia domestic flight). I am surprised to find that it shows up on my QF app purely because I entered my QF number in the booking. I wish NZ could have this function that consolidates all *A bookings regardless of where you book them.
I agree. I have a THAI ticket AKL-MEL(QF)-BKK(TG)-SYD(TG)-AKL(NZ), and despite all being on one TG ticket, only the return sectors show in the app linked thru the NZ PNR.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I agree. I have a THAI ticket AKL-MEL(QF)-BKK(TG)-SYD(TG)-AKL(NZ), and despite all being on one TG ticket, only the return sectors show in the app linked thru the NZ PNR.
You can call NZ and ask them to "info-sector" the missing flights into your NZ PNR. This will usually result in them showing on the app. However, getting an agent who knows how to do this is another matter entirely...
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Is this a QF feature or a One World feature? Does *A have the supporting infrastructure for this? This would have to be driven from *A not AirNZ I would assume?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
You can call NZ and ask them to "info-sector" the missing flights into your NZ PNR. This will usually result in them showing on the app. However, getting an agent who knows how to do this is another matter entirely...
Have a similar thing have a UA PNR for a NZ ticket stock trip.

In UA app doesn't have the initial WLG-AKL sector but has the AKL-WLG on the return 🤷‍♂️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.