Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:42 am
Original Poster

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/455245/air-nz-domestic-passengers-will-have-to-be-fully-vaccinated-or-covid-19-negative-to-fly

Disappointed that they will allow people on with just a test. Would have much preferred fully vaccinated only.
Erasmus III likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Yep would have preferred Fully Vaccinated only.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Maybe the magic date the Aucklanders get to travel again?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nzkarit
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/455245/air-nz-domestic-passengers-will-have-to-be-fully-vaccinated-or-covid-19-negative-to-fly

Disappointed that they will allow people on with just a test. Would have much preferred fully vaccinated only.
It's great they will allow people to fly with a negative test as I fear the airnz app will not be able to link to the Australian Medicare app as well as the NZ vaccine passport by flying time .

Originally Posted by Rebound
Yep would have preferred Fully Vaccinated only.
If the second jab was six months ago is the booster jab required for full vaccination?
MrLovebucket likes this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 22, 2021 at 3:57 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit

I think test is better, because then they most likely don't have the virus.
MDTyKe, Croupier and MrLovebucket like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by prp343
I think test is better, because then they most likely don't have the virus.
Ideally they should be an 'rapid testing station' setup at terminal in AKL, for A) people that aren't double dosed and B) for random testing of double dosed.
Beano likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Ideally they should be an 'rapid testing station' setup at terminal in AKL, for A) people that aren't double dosed and B) for random testing of double dosed.
Definitely agree.
Beano likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Such a fear of COVID in NZ. The risk of catching it on a plane is so remote, it’s negligible. Of the close to 200,000 MIQ returnees, only 2 have caught it on the plane - both unvaccinated - on EK 448 one of the longest flights in the world. It’s thought that transmission occurred during the KL transit when there was passenger movement and limited ventilation.
More chance of infection using any form of public transport to or from the airport than on the actual aircraft.
PCR tests cost $138 in NZ, RATs probably $20 - before the logistics. It’s simply not workable nor needed.
Having said that, I fully support the Air NZ approach. Proportionate and workable.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Excellent news, I certainly do not mind getting tested, even if it is several times a week.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
If the second jab was six months ago is the booster jab required for full vaccination?
This isnt clear as yet.

I think this was asked at one of the press conferences and the reply was “probably not.”
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I wonder if domestic covid tests will need the same level of being tamper-proof as the vax certificate. If so, what are the requirements & standards?

Many internet stories of faked covid result texts from MoH. Will a txt message be sufficient?!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by SqKiwi
Such a fear of COVID in NZ. The risk of catching it on a plane is so remote, it’s negligible. Of the close to 200,000 MIQ returnees, only 2 have caught it on the plane - both unvaccinated - on EK 448 one of the longest flights in the world. It’s thought that transmission occurred during the KL transit when there was passenger movement and limited ventilation.
More chance of infection using any form of public transport to or from the airport than on the actual aircraft.
PCR tests cost $138 in NZ, RATs probably $20 - before the logistics. It’s simply not workable nor needed.
Having said that, I fully support the Air NZ approach. Proportionate and workable.
don't think this is about catching it on planes, this is about not spreading between regions
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
Excellent news, I certainly do not mind getting tested, even if it is several times a week.
Even at $138 per test
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by Beano
Even at $138 per test
Haha! Will put that down as a business expense

Pricey yes, but it's a cost I'm willing to pay. There may be people who cannot afford the Test cost, but those are the Joys of travelling in this Covid World!

I would like to know the requirements for testing before boarding eg. T48hrs, or T24hrs? How long are the Test results valid for before needing another? Especially when flying 2-3 days a week, going to have to be on the ball!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: Avios, AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
Haha! Will put that down as a business expense

Pricey yes, but it's a cost I'm willing to pay. There may be people who cannot afford the Test cost, but those are the Joys of travelling in this Covid World!

I would like to know the requirements for testing before boarding eg. T48hrs, or T24hrs? How long are the Test results valid for before needing another? Especially when flying 2-3 days a week, going to have to be on the ball!
The wording on AirNZ's website is
A negative COVID-19 test result, taken within 72 hours of your departing flight. This can be in the form of a text message or a letter from a medical professional.
So T72 and will likely accept the result for the free testing stations e.g. pop up and drive-throughs.
A good thing actually. 1. It is free. 2. We want test numbers and results from those stations are linked to DHB's database (NHI number)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.