Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
What would solve the issue for me, and be great generally, would be an easier way to buy the seat next to you, ie guaranteed empty seat, on domestic flights. I did it immediately pre-covid, but it is a cumbersome process, you can only do it over the phone. An empty adjacent seat makes the ATR bearable, and by wearing a mask and turning both vents on you are relatively safe from infection.
I would happily pay the extra on any flight, I just wish it was possible online.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Buy a seat next to you

Originally Posted by edmm
What would solve the issue for me, and be great generally, would be an easier way to buy the seat next to you, ie guaranteed empty seat, on domestic flights. I did it immediately pre-covid, but it is a cumbersome process, you can only do it over the phone. An empty adjacent seat makes the ATR bearable, and by wearing a mask and turning both vents on you are relatively safe from infection.
I would happily pay the extra on any flight, I just wish it was possible online.
Can't you just buy the seat using a different name ?
Airnz will get paid.
After checkin as you are boarding you say "my friend" felt unwell and has gone home so they will not delay the flight looking for the missing person.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by Beano
Airnz will get paid.
After checkin as you are boarding you say "my friend" felt unwell and has gone home so they will not delay the flight looking for the missing person.
I did this once, and ended up with a Staff Member who was on Standby sitting next to me. Even though I had advised the Check In Agent what I had done.

I do love the idea of being able to buy a extra seat as an Add On or something
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Airnz will get paid.
You’d think they would trailing selling an domestic version of ‘Works Deluxe’ in the domestic a320/1 services. In light of post pandemic travel, there is surely an market of people willing to pay extra for an empty seat next to time. They already have the ability / templates to do it on an a320/1, so would seem an rather simple trail to start even it was only row 1 to start with.

In the short lived Tasman Bubble, In the flights I managed to get in I paid for J/PE to be in an less crowded space.

Post covid 3-3-3 in an mass cabin on an 789 really doesn’t appeal to me any more.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Avios, AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
I came back on EK448 recently and no one going to NZ gets off the plane in KL. So I suggest catching it in transit in KL is not likely.
Cheers
WLGNZ
Off-topic question - did Emirates ask for the transit requirement for covid at KUL when you board at DXB/previous leg? Or did they only check the entry requirement for New Zealand?
I may take EK449 so wondering about the stoppage at KUL.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:31 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
They only requested NZ entry documents.
From BLQ the Dubai connection is 9 hours overnight which sucks. Next trip back will probably grab QR or SQ ex MXP. Depending on the fully broken MIQ system.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
I did this once, and ended up with a Staff Member who was on Standby sitting next to me. Even though I had advised the Check In Agent what I had done.

I do love the idea of being able to buy a extra seat as an Add On or something
Buy it as a "musical instrument occupying seat" ticket? Happens all the time with musicians and expensive instruments they don't want the baggage handlers destroying. I've seen a lot of violins and cellos travel this way, even in J internationally. Sadly, does require a call to do though. Then, once onboard, dump your bag on the seat and strap it in.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:35 am

From BLQ the Dubai connection is 9 hours overnight which sucks. Next trip back will probably grab QR or SQ ex MXP. Depending on the fully broken MIQ system.
Thank to for the info.
Though I think whether the transit airport require a PCR test or vaccination only will be my main concern.
Doing one in New Zealand is a rip off.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
NZ-bound or NZ-originating passengers don't deplane in KL. So no need to meet the Malaysian requirements whatever they are. However, you should be aware that they do sell the DXB-KUL leg in both directions now.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Off topic, I know, but be aware currently the QR flight transits BNE and the Australian government were ( as at early October 2021, I don't know whether they still do) requiring a PCR test for the obligatory get off the plane, pass security, get back on the plane circus.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
Off topic, I know, but be aware currently the QR flight transits BNE and the Australian government were ( as at early October 2021, I don't know whether they still do) requiring a PCR test for the obligatory get off the plane, pass security, get back on the plane circus.
Qatar Airways reminds customers of this requirement during booking.
It is a nice reminder which also makes me avoid this flight.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
NZ vaccine pass only works on NZ doses

It's great they will allow people to fly with a negative test as I fear the airnz app will not be able to link to the Australian Medicare app as well as the NZ vaccine passport by flying time .

If the second jab was six months ago is the booster jab required for full vaccination?

Something went wrong

At the moment My Vaccine Passes can only be generated for those who have received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine in New Zealand within the last 12 months. If your vaccinations fall within this criteria please submit your request again. If the problem continues, please return to the homepage and check your vaccination record details are correct.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Something went wrong

At the moment My Vaccine Passes can only be generated for those who have received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine in New Zealand within the last 12 months. If your vaccinations fall within this criteria please submit your request again. If the problem continues, please return to the homepage and check your vaccination record details are correct.
They're urgently working on a fix for this. Apparently.

Covid Pass (domestic only) expires after six month from being generated (ie at time of your request). Seems it will be extended by having the booster.

Covid Certificate (intl only) is issued with a 1 year validity. Cannot be used domestically as cant be scanned/verified with Govt app.

But now that the govt has said scanning the Covid Pass is optional, then waving any piece of paper that says you are vaccinated will probably work….
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Something went wrong

Though to they document how to get one if weren't vaccinated in NZ
https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vac...nother-country
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
They're urgently working on a fix for this. Apparently.
Covid Pass (domestic only) expires after six month from being generated (ie at time of your request). Seems it will be extended by having the booster.
Covid Certificate (intl only) is issued with a 1 year validity. Cannot be used domestically as cant be scanned/verified with Govt app.
But now that the govt has said scanning the Covid Pass is optional, then waving any piece of paper that says you are vaccinated will probably work….
NZ Govt have known for months they need to have a method to integrate valid acceptable overseas vaccinations into the NZ system. 1000's are coming across the border every week(MIQ). Most will be jabbed. Its only "urgent" because the bureaucracy have failed to plan (*again*). They are updating the relevant pages, like linked above, frequently. Shows they are chasing their tail
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...d-certificates

Over the ditch was able to have my NZ jabs uploaded into the AU govt AIR. So now have an Aussie vax pass with my NZ jabs. The AU system just worked
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.