Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Eltham
In your earlier post you promised you were going to make them become unstuck. Let us know how that goes.
I'm one of a few who has in recent weeks formally approached Air NZs legal department and planned to ask a court to intervene. I'm not sure that had any sway on their rapid decision to reverse course and take away the nonsensical restriction on passage by those who hadn't had the covid vaccine, but I'm glad that they have done so. Good news that they'll permit anyone on board irrespective of if they had a vaccine or not.
MrLovebucket likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
I'm not sure that had any sway on their rapid decision

Laughable. No, it didnt.
Thai-Kiwi, T-15.01 and sbiddle like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL, UA
oh no, poor Air NZ and the CEO not liking the "friction" that tests are causing, saying today in media interviews he'd prefer they just remove the tests. I wish I had some pity or sympathy for him. What a farce. You make your bed, and all that.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
cakiwi CEO AirNZ is not responsible for the imposition of NZ Government policies such as the testing requirements for entry to NZ, he just needs to ensure the airline is compliant with the law.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by cakiwi
oh no, poor Air NZ and the CEO not liking the "friction" that tests are causing, saying today in media interviews he'd prefer they just remove the tests. I wish I had some pity or sympathy for him. What a farce. You make your bed, and all that.
Wouldn't everyone prefer the tests are removed? Why are you so mad?
Old May 1, 2022, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prp343
Wouldn't everyone prefer the tests are removed? Why are you so mad?
Not everyone wants the tests removed. It slows down new strains entering the country, letting NZ get over the BA.2 peak before getting another surge with BA.4 for example.

Also if you are sick with a communicable disease you should be at home not travelling. The polite/considerate thing to do is not spread communicable disease, but things have shown us there are a lot people who unfortunately are not considerate or polite to the people around them.

But as said AirNZ just has to comply with NZ law and the law of the countries they operate into. So this is more an NZ discuss opposed to a AirNZ discussion
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Not everyone wants the tests removed. It slows down new strains entering the country, letting NZ get over the BA.2 peak before getting another surge with BA.4 for example.

Also if you are sick with a communicable disease you should be at home not travelling. The polite/considerate thing to do is not spread communicable disease, but things have shown us there are a lot people who unfortunately are not considerate or polite to the people around them.

But as said AirNZ just has to comply with NZ law and the law of the countries they operate into. So this is more an NZ discuss opposed to a AirNZ discussion
Can always count on you

I agree not willfully spreading disease is a polite thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.