Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: some
Nice one!
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Great news. Same here and I will requalify as well 👍
I've literally done zero flights in the past 12 months - had a bunch domestic booked that have all been cancelled thanks to COVID. Crazy to think I was doing upwards of 150 sectors before COVID.
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Good news

Thanks to Air NZ for this. It is a smart and kind move and I’m grateful for it.
debh, Lpmnz, drajknox and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:27 pm

Suppose the next question is if credits are going to be extended pass June 2022. Or do we need book some flights and then credit them so reset to a year to spend them?

Just not sure how confident can lock in all the flights by June next year.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Suppose the next question is if credits are going to be extended pass June 2022. Or do we need book some flights and then credit them so reset to a year to spend them?

Just not sure how confident can lock in all the flights by June next year.
Catch with that is from the 1Nov21, on the AirNZ current travel alerts status suggest to claim an credit for travel no longer able due to alert levels you must call then to request an credit.

For travel from 1 November 2021, if Alert Level restrictions still prevent you from travelling, please get in touch with our Contact Centre or your Travel Agent to make changes or request a credit
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Catch with that is from the 1Nov21, on the AirNZ current travel alerts status suggest to claim an credit for travel no longer able due to alert levels you must call then to request an credit.
International still 28 February

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/covi...-flight-credit

If your plans change, you can opt-in for credit for domestic flights due to depart before 31 October 2021 and international flights due to depart before 28 February 2022.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Hi just wondering did anyone get an extension on their Elite recognition upgrade vouchers for 2021 before they expired? Or is the elite extension being discussed here supposed to cover the ones that expire? thanks
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
Hi just wondering did anyone get an extension on their Elite recognition upgrade vouchers for 2021 before they expired? Or is the elite extension being discussed here supposed to cover the ones that expire? thanks
RUs expire as per normal. Though before expire can link to future flights.

When roll over get new set of RUs as per normal. Aside from assigning RUs to future flights there is no banking of RUs or evouchers.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Thanks NZ Karit
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:15 am

Air NZ touch of good status matches which were due to expire in the next 1-2 weeks have also been extended to 30 June 2022 finally
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
On 31 January 2022 we provided a Tier Extension to our Elite, Gold and Silver Members. For Gold and Silver Members this Tier Extension will be used to protect you from downgrading. The 12- month Tier Extension will expire on 31 March 2024 if not required, or earlier if you upgrade a tier. Members who held Elite status on 31 January 2022 received an Elite Banked Year.

This is good news. Another banked year and I will re qualify for Elite again this year.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Status extension

On 31 January 2022 we provided a Tier Extension to our Elite, Gold and Silver Members. For Gold and Silver Members this Tier Extension will be used to protect you from downgrading. The 12- month Tier Extension will expire on 31 March 2024 if not required, or earlier if you upgrade a tier. Members who held Elite status on 31 January 2022 received an Elite Banked Year.

This is good news. Another banked year and I will re qualify for Elite again this year.
the hundred plus days of lockdown killed my chance of requalification
Have to use that banked year.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:56 pm

This Status extension has an expiration date 2024.

I can not recall if the other two banked years also have an expiry ?

If so all three of banked bonus status years will suddenly disappear and only our "real banked years" will remain.

Reading the terms it seem the purpose of this banked year is to be used within two years not hoarded for decades.

Last edited by Beano; Feb 4, 2022 at 12:17 am
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Beano
I can not recall if the other two banked years also have an expiry ?

If so all three of banked bonus status years will suddenly disappear and only our "real banked years" will remain.

Reading the terms it seem the purpose of this banked year is to be used within two years not hoarded for decades.
Might be worth letting it slip for a couple of years then . .
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:03 am

Might be worth letting it slip for a couple of years then . .
I Don't know if these banked years are any different from the earnt bank years .
​​​​​​The details are not the clearest.
Anyway it would be bonus if they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.