Wiki Posts
Search

Status Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Missed gold and elite

Originally Posted by ottiehund
Not Elite but was 30 SP's away from regaining Gold pre covid hitting and at that time has 3 J class international trips (2 x Europe and 1 x Asia) and 1 x PE trip to US booked for the following months so would have moved up the ranks through Gold and to Elite. I have had Gold a number of times but never made Elite and 2019-2020 was a bigger than usual travel year for me so probably my only chance of doing so - now I find myself with my silver extended to September but I will be lucky to retain that, and my Koru expires in April ...... first world problem agreed, but a frustration all the same.
can't use the credit card to assist ?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
I requalified Elite October last year, have been Elite many years. The number isn't on the new card, I think they have dropped it.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Unlikely as I only spend $2k to $3k monthly (private spend only as most business spending is typically prepaid by my employer), so that does help but really not a lot of SP's, and my domestic travel is only a trip a month at best, and regional earn is rubbish anyway. I guess it is what it is, just frustrating to have been 'so close' as it were.

Last edited by ottiehund; Mar 6, 2021 at 8:05 am
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:54 pm

Where does it show the number of elite years ?

Originally Posted by edmm
I requalified Elite October last year, have been Elite many years. The number isn't on the new card, I think they have dropped it.
does the number of years show on the phone app or on the website ?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Not that I have ever been able to find.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by edmm
Not that I have ever been able to find.

Number of banked years shows below Qualifying Status Points to retain field on the App.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Number of banked years shows below Qualifying Status Points to retain field on the App.
Banked years is not the same as years qualified.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:42 am

Years as elite

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
I am trying to calculate the years as gold and elite as 15yrs you can (soon) gift a banked elite year

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/elit...d-year-gifting
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:45 am

Rollover status points

Does the app still show the surplus status points that is carried forward to assist you maintaining elite?
I thought it use to show but I can't seem to find it now.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
It used to just show in your status points progress bar I believe?

I rolled over three days ago. Fingers crossed we will be flying internationally to some destinations by the end of the year so I have at least some time to retain elite before March 2022.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:38 am

Looks like QF is extending status into 2023:
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ension-to-2023

Will be interesting to see if NZ follows with another extension.

And it looks like QF is indicating this may be the last outright extension:
Once the offer is activated, Qantas Frequent Flyer will also roll over eligible Status Credits that members earned this year into their new membership year.
Basically giving a points boost so have two years to gain the points to retain status.

With QF saying this wonder if NZ will release something similar soon as well? I'm somewhat interested as I am about the use the gifted banked year in the next couple of days, so NZ's status stuff announced earlier this year will only take me through to Aug 2022.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:45 am

If Qantas are doing it, I would bet Air NZ too. The writing was on the wall when other airlines in the USA started doing it.
​​​​​​
If we had our points roll over, I think that would be a fairly good compromise. Travel still isn't returning to normal levels next year, and so for many people, hitting status in 2022 off of just 2022 flying isn't realistic, but could be by combining the two years together.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ints-extension

VA has followed suit.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
If Qantas are doing it, I would bet Air NZ too. The writing was on the wall when other airlines in the USA started doing it.
​​​​​​
If we had our points roll over, I think that would be a fairly good compromise. Travel still isn't returning to normal levels next year, and so for many people, hitting status in 2022 off of just 2022 flying isn't realistic, but could be by combining the two years together.
​​​​​​
That or the Gold target to re-qal needs to be reduced down so say 400SP over the next 12 months.

800SP from domestic only flying is pretty hard, especially because they are putting an lot of additional seats into the cheaper fare brackets on the main trunk hence less SP.

With no Tasman Bubble, there goes all the changes of getting 80-100SP from an return trip in PE.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:40 pm

From Air NZ's perspective: surely the elite program is clearly 95% for international travelers? Not only does it require an insane amount of domestic trips to get status that way, but all the elite benefits you get domestically, you can literally just buy with Koru. The elite benefits are mostly related to international travel. It seems like it's in-place not to incentivize domestic travel, but to incentivize regular international travelers to choose them, where they have a slew of actual competitors. And so if they don't roll over the status to match their competitors, then I'd ask them what was the point in rolling status over these past 2 years, if they were just going to drop the ball so close to the finish line, and have status expire just before it becomes viable to attain it, and then let their competitors eat up that market instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.