Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Is the new AKL Regional lounge almost complete?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the new AKL Regional lounge almost complete?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by freemark
[QUOTE

So much better than the tired main domestic lounge. If I had a long wait for a jet I would consider using this one and just leaving a bit earlier to clear security.

12 minutes to get through domestic security the other morning
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
12 minutes to get through domestic security the other morning
In busy times I've had it take more than 20 minutes.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Hello New Zealanders!

I'll be flying domestic in mid-January from AKL and am wondering if you would recommend going to regional lounge or to the Domestic lounge airside for my A320 flight. I've been to the AKL domestic lounge before and found it crowded and dated (but loved CHC's!)

I see that there will be construction in this lounge at the time I'm traveling and they said space will be limited per ANZ website. Would you recommend regional over domestic for my trip? Any difference in amenities/food and bev offerings? Is it a short walk to security?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Last edited by demkr; Dec 29, 2019 at 9:19 am
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
In January plenty of New Zealand is still on holiday so crowding is less of an issue in the main lounge. Also the new regional lounge can still be just as crowded as the main lounge in busy times.
The new lounge is about a 300 metre walk landside from the main security.
If you want to check out the new lounge it is simple enough to walk down there. It has a nice outlook. Catching an A320, myself, I would use the main domestic lounge.
demkr likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The AKL domestic refurb is going to cause a few issues and in stage 1 sees half the lounge closed off (far end) for the refurb.

As half of NZ is still on summer holidays mid Jan it won't be busy but the option is really yours as to whether you use that or regional. Personally I'd just use the main domestic lounge still unless there was an exceptional reason such as it being full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.