Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Is the new AKL Regional lounge almost complete?

Is the new AKL Regional lounge almost complete?

Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
No I didn't get there till 8am

Zero signage for the lounge or the fact you need to head up the stairs. It's hardly surprising people were confused!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Visited yesterday for an hour at 10am. Very nice lounge, didnt really check the F&B but had to search for juice.
Hit Domestic lounge afterwards and like chalk & cheese with the hard product.
The Wgtn pop-ups on Sat AM were dismal - well only one was open with the only hot dishes being the bean mix and that bloody pumpkin frittata thing. Ended up going back to Regional & suffering the inconsistent AvSec twice. Anyone know where to get non-metal belts?
Slightly OT - did a bit of plane spotting from AKL viewing areas (on the way in from Manukau) Sunday afternoon with a procession of various heavy twins in and out. I reflected wistfully on lack of big metal to see in Welly, and also that very few 4 engines in AKL anymore. Happily from AKL regional on Mon saw Korean 747 take off, 747 freighter and EK 380 land.
Miss the big birds here, spent some spotting time at LHR & AMS this year.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Is there barista coffee in the new AKL regional lounge?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Is there barista coffee in the new AKL regional lounge?
Didnt see it. There is quite a large & sophisticated looking self make machine in the south west corner however. Dont recall if I got the order coffee alert on my app.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:43 pm

WLG at the moment for me is always regional even when flying A320s. The temp longues just aren't worth it, haven't been into them for ages.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by freemark
Didnt see it. There is quite a large & sophisticated looking self make machine in the south west corner however. Dont recall if I got the order coffee alert on my app.
There was a barista there on the opening day.

Last edited by sbiddle; Nov 25, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:15 pm

Yes there is one there
mad_atta likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by brend
Yes there is one there
That's good news! Otherwise I'd be tempted still to go to domestic for early morning flights. Good call, NZ!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Wow. First time in the new regional lounge. its very nice, love the expansive views and all the hidden seating areas. At 10am very quiet and lots of space. here for over an hour and lots of spots to work etc.

So much better than the tired main domestic lounge. If I had a long wait for a jet I would consider using this one and just leaving a bit earlier to clear security.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:51 pm

[QUOTE

So much better than the tired main domestic lounge. If I had a long wait for a jet I would consider using this one and just leaving a bit earlier to clear security.[/QUOTE]

Sssshhhh, dont tell everyone. What we need is a live video feed in this lovely lounge showing the length of queue at AVSEC, and whether the occasional officious little power trippers are on duty..
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by freemark
[QUOTE

Sssshhhh, dont tell everyone. What we need is a live video feed in this lovely lounge showing the length of queue at AVSEC, and whether the occasional officious little power trippers are on duty..
Hahaha! Ok wont mention this again! Love the idea of a webcam to security, actually a very good idea, or at least maybe they could have a screen that shows minute wait times to clear if they dont want to show the webcam for security reasons.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Not sure if this was mentioned upthread but there are no showers in the new AKL regional lounge.
Would have been nice, as this a complete new build, that they could have included them. Mostly we (regional flyers) pay way more than mainline so a little perk like showers would have been nice.
Have a safe Christmas everybody.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Not sure if this was mentioned upthread but there are no showers in the new AKL regional lounge.
Would have been nice, as this a complete new build, that they could have included them. Mostly we (regional flyers) pay way more than mainline so a little perk like showers would have been nice.
Have a safe Christmas everybody.
A few months ago they also stopped supplying conditioner in the main Auckland lounge (so bring your own!)
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
There was Shampoo / Conditioner (one bottler with both words on the label) in the main domestic lounge today.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
There was Shampoo / Conditioner (one bottler with both words on the label) in the main domestic lounge today.
Ahh so they switched to a multi purpose shampoo rather than the three separate bottles
Shampoo, conditioner and body wash

You can see the empty space for the conditioner

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.