Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New frequent traveler survey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Fair point - although think likely to a middle ground.
but don’t agree confined to Auckland at peak-hour - similar problems in Wellington, Christchurch, Hawkes Bay regularly and I’ve encountered at others - but haven’t visited often enough to know if a regular thing or just bad luck on the day!!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's far from just an Auckland problem.
brucelee likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by yourethegoose
The article on NZ Herald repeats previously reported increase in spend required to earn lounge vouchers from credit cards.
I have also heard rumours that the Elite benefit of bringing in 5 guests is being reduced.
Yes to 3 guests
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by Rebound
Yes to 3 guests
That would make little difference unless other guesting factors are changed, particularly children.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by edmm
That would make little difference unless other guesting factors are changed, particularly children.
Guess we'll find out next week around that.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by edmm
lol its definitely not children filling up the lounge. And as they don't exactly go to town on the "free" booze, I suspect any seats they do occupy NZ will be happy to welcome them. I can't imagine it would be the best PR move for them either given most of their more frequent flyers are likely to have children themselves.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by sbiddle
It's far from just an Auckland problem.

I
Originally Posted by bce1
Fair point - although think likely to a middle ground.
but don’t agree confined to Auckland at peak-hour - similar problems in Wellington, Christchurch, Hawkes Bay regularly and I’ve encountered at others - but haven’t visited often enough to know if a regular thing or just bad luck on the day!!
Honestly I have never encountered any overcrowding except Auckland. I genuinely don't know of any other lounge that, outside of getting a little cozy during peak hours, has problems of people getting seats.

I haven't been to Hawkes Bay. I have flown out of Christchurch countless times. Again it can get cozy during the absolute peak times but I've never had problems getting seats. It just means you don't get your first pick of seats.

Wellington is being refurbished with more seats so I don't think we can say anything on that yet 😉
​​​​
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
I think airnz would have released more J award space because their bookings are light to the US. Also maybe it is in response to QF appearing to be releasing more premium award space from SYD/MEL/BNE to the US. Fiji airways also seem to be releasing more premium cabin space to the US than they used to, as well. I don’t really think the price in points to get one of those J award spaces via UA is exactly cheap. You might as well just buy a PE seat with NZ when on special and use RU or upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.