Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Differing availability between call centre and website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)

Just want to see if anyone else has run into this issue

Trying to firm up a booking to/from Seoul on the air NZ direct flights. On the return sector back, airnz.co.nz shows A class available, but when I try to confirm the booking I get the "it is no longer available' message when it gets to the final page

Called the call centre last night who said that the website is not updated live (I mean what? This is 2019) and only O is available and told me that things will update in time

Tried again this morning, again website shows A until the last page, then it has a meltdown. Call centre continues to only see O

Is this a specific thing to airnz where their website doesn't show live availability? Expertflyer shows A but obvious only from US POS

Specific date I'm looking at is 13/2/20 on NZ from ICN-AKL on NZ76
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
What do you mean by the "final page"?

I can get right through to the payments page doing a dummy booking over and back in PE

Of course the website is updated live - but Air NZ do have a tendency to add and remove A class fares often on a daily basis. I had an example a few months ago I posted on here where they would appear from around 3am until 10am every day for probably days in a row before disappearing for the rest of the day.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

By final page I got through to the pay now button. When I would hit the button, it says that it is no longer available
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
This happened to me today. Website showed and still shows sales availability to Osaka in premium economy. Called to book, the lady swore on the phone it wasn't available in her system. She said the website would update in 30 minutes, but it never did. She reckoned that if I'd tried to book it, I wouldn't have succeeded. Don't know what's up with it!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
This happened to me today. Website showed and still shows sales availability to Osaka in premium economy. Called to book, the lady swore on the phone it wasn't available in her system. She said the website would update in 30 minutes, but it never did. She reckoned that if I'd tried to book it, I wouldn't have succeeded. Don't know what's up with it!
So I'm clearly not the only one with this problem with the current sale. I bit annoyed since to book I ended up having to route icn-hkg-akl to get A class but I guess extra qantas points on the side then
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Yeah. They have run out of sale fare seats, but the system isn't showing it. I think it's a problem with this particular sale they have on, but it still is annoying. The representative on the phone was clearly very confused as to why I thought the fares were available, until she loaded it up herself and saw the incorrect fares on the website.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've had numerous instances where I haven't been able to book fares shown on the website, but it's always involved partner flights. For a few months in 2017 it was impossible to book any ticket that had a Virgin America flight showing but Air NZ didn't seem the slightest bit interested in fixing the issue.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:30 pm

I’m not sure if they still have the ability but I’ve had problems with the website mis pricing fares previously, I’ve called up, explained the issue and someone in their “website help” (or something like that) has validated the issue and then manually constructed the fare for me at the price shown on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.