Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by henrus
Thanks, Mikeynz for the mini review. Luckily my flight isn't until July so hopefully hi fly is gone by then and a normal NZ plane is back. It's good that they've at least got some IFE going this time with USB charging as a bonus.
Genuinely curious, in Y wouldn't seat comfort and pitch be the most important rather than IFE? Given you can bring an ipad or whatever. Seems to me in general the older the planes the better Y seems to be in terms of seating. Surely better than NZ's sardine tin squash in Y (dont get me started on the squash in their narrow J seat in 787 too!)

The strategy of airlines seems to be to make Y less and less comfortable but try and distract pax from bad seats by giving them some more movies...
JANZFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
The impact of the engine problems will continue through winter, although Air New Zealand is negotiating for two longhaul dry lease aircraft its crew can fly to bolster its fleet.
url: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12062689
Looks like NZ is confirming they are dry leases 2x wide-body aircraft, now just to wait to findout who the second 777 is from?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Looks like NZ is confirming they are dry leases 2x wide-body aircraft, now just to wait to findout who the second 777 is from?
The 2nd is a 77W and I'd be 99% confident in my source but unwilling to post that publically yet. Safe to say if is the airline I've been told people will be very impressed by the business product and unlike the SQ plane will be begging to fly on it!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
The 2nd is a 77W and I'd be 99% confident in my source but unwilling to post that publically yet. Safe to say if is the airline I've been told people will be very impressed by the business product and unlike the SQ plane will be begging to fly on it!
Hopefully an QR 77W then with QSuites
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Hopefully an QR 77W then with QSuites
Funny guy!

But I understand your enthusiasm for QR.

I was thinking EK have a bunch of planes lying around with their crew shortage don't they?

Last edited by NZbutterfly; Jun 1, 2018 at 5:28 pm Reason: EK
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Funny guy!

But I understand your enthusiasm for QR.

I was thinking EK have a bunch of planes lying around with their crew shortage don't they?
Although I think NZ J passengers would be running from EK's 2-3-2 77W J class
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: TK*G, QF G, NZ*GE, BA Silver
Further to the above review, i found the HI Fly flights great, the pitch was no les than 787 and the 2-4-2 seating arrangement seemed to suit most passengers well. Both ways, i had my own row which maybe helped.

The Air NZ ambassador ran the service delivery, and instructed the HI Fly crew when and how to go the service, she made all non safety announcements and manned the food cart.

I actually found the "apology" for having to fly Hi Fly over the PA coupled with the vouchers (i was given an above allocation $120 by the prem team) to be a little condescending to the HI Fly crew and product which is actually pretty good on 9H-SUN. They were all friendly and tried so hard.

I actually got on very well with the crew and ended up shifting my CHC connection to next day and having dinner with them in town which was super fun

Last edited by timb777; Jun 4, 2018 at 5:31 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:48 am

What's the word on the HNL flights in 5 days time?

Will a NZ 772 be back?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:08 pm

What's the word on the HNL flights in 5 days time?

Will a NZ 772 be back?
NZ has now confirmed they are getting 1x 77E and 1x 77W dry leased, but have not confirmed the routes they will be used on...

ZK-OKI still hasn't left SIN - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-oki
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
please dlete

Last edited by sbiddle; Jun 5, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: TK*G, QF G, NZ*GE, BA Silver
NZ has now confirmed they are getting 1x 77E and 1x 77W dry leased, but have not confirmed the routes they will be used on...

ZK-OKI still hasn't left SIN - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-oki
Wonder if HI Fly may have to be extended a bit longer?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:07 pm

Perth might be on the list. was looking at flights in September and one of them didn't offer seat select as was being offer by a non NZ plane.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:21 pm

Looks like OKI will be operating HNL (NZ9/10) from 17 July to 3 September: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...WTHJ2SJ6nCcgLl.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Looks like OKI will be operating HNL (NZ9/10) from 17 July to 3 September: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...WTHJ2SJ6nCcgLl.
It seems odd that they magically have enough aircraft to operate a normal schedule from 11 June to 16 July? Nothing has been announced yet and they're still selling seats for a NZ operate flight in a few days.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:03 pm

It seems odd that they magically have enough aircraft to operate a normal schedule from 11 June to 16 July? Nothing has been announced yet and they're still selling seats for a NZ operate flight in a few days.
Not necessarily, Luxon was reported from the sidelines of the IATA AGM in Sydney that NZ expects to have "zero to two aircraft cycling off" for inspections and maintenance at any one time. If they have say zero to one aircraft off, and with some juggling of trans-Tasman flights, it may be that they can manage a reasonably normal schedule for the next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.