Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Hi-Fly broke down in HNL
Old May 25, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Rebound
Hi-Fly broke down in HNL
Good grief! Will the crap never end for Air NZ?
Old May 25, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Good grief! Will the crap never end for Air NZ?
There are a couple of other a/c on the way including the ex SQ 772
Old May 25, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
ZK-OKI now seems trackable (although no flights loaded it) https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-oki
Old May 25, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
A couple meaning 2 SQ aircraft or 1 SQ and another hifly?
Old May 25, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly

A couple meaning 2 SQ aircraft or 1 SQ and another hifly?
The well reported SQ 77E and one other 77W (not from HiFly or SQ (but I don't publish the airline name on here)
Old May 25, 2018, 7:39 pm

As per the above, can't really name names
Old May 26, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Air NZ *G,
A340 Review

Hi All,

Here is quick review of the HiFly service I took to Honolulu today.

Seats - 2-4-2 and the middle row is a little outset to the side seats. Seats were ok width wise, and I felt good leg room for economy - maybe better then AirNZ. Each seat has a seat back screen with movies on demand - we had 6 movies to pick from. The screen is touch screen , and also has a USB port so you can charge your phone or tablet. The headphone out is on the screen and support 3.5mm output. Just be warned - not all seat back was working for everyone , my partners one would not work - touch screen wise. Mine was perfect , fast and worked well.
Service - Service was very good , after about a hour , they started dinner service, we were offered two choices , chicken curry and BBQ beef - both came with the Norma cheese , cracker , etc. followed up by wine , beer and soft drink. They then came around topping up wine , and on collection of trays , they were offering more drinks. After service the lights were turned off. Breakfast was pancakes or eggs.

Over all - for a 8 hour flight , I felt the service , comfit supplied was up to Air NZ standard , sure the plane is older , but didn’t feel like it (only on taxi with the nosy wheels) over all a good flight , and we left on time from Auckland , and guick to find our gate on arrival.

Mike

Old May 27, 2018, 6:39 am

Thanks, Mikeynz for the mini review. Luckily my flight isn't until July so hopefully hi fly is gone by then and a normal NZ plane is back. It's good that they've at least got some IFE going this time with USB charging as a bonus.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:26 pm

Thanks mikeynz. I was all geared up for no in seat power so that's a nice bonus. Also the colour scheme looks a bit better than the ex-UL beige I was expecting!
Old May 27, 2018, 2:58 pm

HiFly is only on the route for a few weeks.

USB on pretty much every aircraft flying is handy but pointless for trying to charge devices because it's such a low output.

Have a modern phone with QC3.0 and you'll find it will charge at a few hundred mA and can easily take 10 hours to charge, vs a good brand modern Powerbank which will charge it at 2A and take 90 mins.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Thanks for the review, flying next Tuesday. Agree seat back power USB is good! I'll take whatever gain I can travelling with 2 kids (even with a charged power bank). Ironically I would have welcomed the change if travelling in Economy with no kids given the 2-4-2 config.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:11 am

I’m flying north on NZ28 next month and noticed my seat selection disappeared for a couple weeks - only to reappear a few days ago but in a different seat from what I had originally selected. Appears they have swapped from V2 to V1 789.. does anyone know if this is permanent or just on day by day basis?

Disappointed as will likely influence my upgrade success!

Cheers
Old May 29, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by SDB22
I’m flying north on NZ28 next month and noticed my seat selection disappeared for a couple weeks - only to reappear a few days ago but in a different seat from what I had originally selected. Appears they have swapped from V2 to V1 789.. does anyone know if this is permanent or just on day by day basis?

Disappointed as will likely influence my upgrade success!

Cheers
Pretty sure most changes are now on day by day basis - anything could change between now and then.
SDB22 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:36 am

Seat select has disappeared for my 789 flight back from Samoa next week. Was a v1 J config when I originally selected a seat so I'll have to wait closer to the time to see what I get.
SDB22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.