Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I am a little less certain about the HNL route. I was told this, but Air NZ are still selling PE and Skycouch on this route.
haha, you never know, they might have changed the seats, but now this aircraft is leased, it would mean they will need to revert it back to its original config?
Old May 17, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by mmonster

haha, you never know, they might have changed the seats, but now this aircraft is leased, it would mean they will need to revert it back to its original config?
Maybe NZ had kept some of the old 77W Y seats in storage, surely they wouldn’t want to offer 3-3-3 in Y on an 777 when you can fit 3-4-3 in.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk

Maybe NZ had kept some of the old 77W Y seats in storage, surely they wouldn’t want to offer 3-3-3 in Y on an 777 when you can fit 3-4-3 in.
I'm pretty sure it was on here that I read about rework required on the 200's to make them 3-4-3. Apparently due to the age of the aircraft the actual interior was slightly narrower than required due to thicker insulation so this all had to be changed out to fit the seats in. If this is the case I can't see them going to this effort just for a loan aircraft.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Air NZ *G,
Just a little off topic , but does anyone have a confirmed seat map for the highfly aircraft arriving. I have searched on line , but the seat maps don’t match the HiFly web site for number of rows etc. and one seat map I have says I have a bulk head row.. which air NZ have confirmed I dont
Old May 17, 2018, 5:31 pm

I am a little less certain about the HNL route. I was told this, but Air NZ are still selling PE and Skycouch on this route.
I wonder if it is going to EZE. They are still selling PEY on this route but seat maps are locked.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Top of climb
I wonder if it is going to EZE. They are still selling PEY on this route but seat maps are locked.
it's always possible, but to me it also seems more logical to use HNL which is a leisure route and ultimately affecting fewer actual paid pax in premium cabins.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:15 pm

I'm pretty sure it was on here that I read about rework required on the 200's to make them 3-4-3. Apparently due to the age of the aircraft the actual interior was slightly narrower than required due to thicker insulation so this all had to be changed out to fit the seats in. If this is the case I can't see them going to this effort just for a loan aircraft.
It sounds like a lot of effort but then given that it is here to stay for a few years and that it will be deployed across the network, it is best to have NZ seats installed, it will be a complete nightmare during peak times to have different number of seats across different aircraft?
Old May 17, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeynz
Just a little off topic , but does anyone have a confirmed seat map for the highfly aircraft arriving. I have searched on line , but the seat maps don’t match the HiFly web site for number of rows etc. and one seat map I have says I have a bulk head row.. which air NZ have confirmed I dont
Bulkhead rows are 20AC/DEFG/HK and 51DEFG (50AC/50HK emex)
Old May 17, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Bulkhead rows are 20AC/DEFG/HK and 51DEFG (50AC/50HK emex)
thanks for providing this, Top of climb - yet, seatmaps are not available for selection for HiFly services, so while it is good to know, it is unlikely that these will be assigned
Old May 17, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
thanks for providing this, Top of climb - yet, seatmaps are not available for selection for HiFly services, so while it is good to know, it is unlikely that these will be assigned
You can call Air NZ to assign seats on Hi Fly, it just can't be done online.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sr...340-300_v1.php
This map works, just had seats assigned for HNL and this matches what the agent told me, plus we know its an old SriLankan airlines plane
Old May 23, 2018, 5:41 am

So we've had a couple of flights now... tonights is delayed 3hrs, anyone got any Hi Fly experience on the "new service". I'm interested to see how it stacks up to the other flights they operated to Sydney.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:15 pm

I am flying it on Friday, and I see Wednesday's night flight never left, so 4 flights, and 50% have already been cancelled, not looking good so far !
Old May 23, 2018, 2:47 pm

I am flying it on Friday, and I see Wednesday's night flight never left, so 4 flights, and 50% have already been cancelled, not looking good so far !
I'm flying next week so please do report back!
Old May 23, 2018, 5:35 pm

And I see tonight, flight tracker is saying the 787 is back flying NZ10 ! , maybe the A340 when Tech lol and awaiting parts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.