Wiki Posts
Search

New premium check in AKL Intl

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
New premium check in AKL Intl

From what I understand it's now open with separate area for Gold, Business & Elite. Unfortunately wasn't ready yet last week when I came through and not going through for another few weeks.

Any first thoughts? Photos?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Just to clarify, do you mean koru and *A are separate from J pax, gold & elite??
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Just to clarify, do you mean koru and *A are separate from J pax, gold & elite??
Yes apparently.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: NZ Gold (*G)
Could this be a sign of things to come? Separate or segregated lounges...
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Kiwiwings
Or maybe just AKL has be come so busy at peak periods, e.g you could easily have at least 150 passengers on an 77W with access to premium check-in.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Or maybe just AKL has be come so busy at peak periods, e.g you could easily have at least 150 passengers on an 77W with access to premium check-in.
I agree that might be what is happening.

Lufthansa anyone? (Prefer their preferred approach to gold vs SQ who don't care about status pax!)
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by Kiwiwings
They already have separate lounges for EP1 members.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I wonder Koru product should be distinct from HVC offering, Air NZ could potentially milk this by forcing people to have both tier status and optional Koru to tightly couple the offerings that would annoy a market segment but works wonders for the revenue stream.

Koru is a reportable source income that is steady, and fairly easy to predict and forecast.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by dadig
I wonder Koru product should be distinct from HVC offering, Air NZ could potentially milk this by forcing people to have both tier status and optional Koru to tightly couple the offerings that would annoy a market segment but works wonders for the revenue stream.

Koru is a reportable source income that is steady, and fairly easy to predict and forecast.
Which just recently went up in price again, Koru lets them offer an product that isn't controlled by *A rules.

This was from the June - Koru in the know email.
We'll soon be reopening the doors to our refreshed Air New Zealand Premium Check-in area at Auckland International Airport.
The design incorporates new designated areas for our different premium customers to reduce congestion and speed up check-in times. Koru members will enjoy a check-in zone featuring more kiosks and bag drops, and our usual Premium check-in team will be on hand to help wherever needed.
Fast track through Passport Control and Security will continue to be available via the lift, enabling you to get to the comforts of the Air New Zealand International Lounge quickly!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Which just recently went up in price again, Koru lets them offer an product that isn't controlled by *A rules.

This was from the June - Koru in the know email.
So the question is - who is most premium in their eyes and which line will be shortest?

To be fair I thought old check in area was fine - I don't recall ever having to wait in the last few years
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by NZDavid
To be fair I thought old check in area was fine - I don't recall ever having to wait in the last few years
Friday Nights could get an bit busy at times, but that got fixed when they added more self check-in machines last year.

If anything I wish the lift had be replaced by an escalator with an couple of SmartGates
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Friday Nights could get an bit busy at times, but that got fixed when they added more self check-in machines last year.

If anything I wish the lift had be replaced by an escalator with an couple of SmartGates
Agree. I'd prefer some "Express Smartgates" and a dedicated "Express Security" (although sometimes this happens) than having to go to the dedicated manned immigration counter. These days I usually just go through the smartgate and join the security line rather than wait in the queue for express immigration.

Last edited by NZ_Flyer; Jul 27, 2016 at 11:39 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
It's great to have the lift to customs and security re-instated!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I wonder if any NZ or AU airports will ever get *G Gold Track?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I wonder if any NZ or AU airports will ever get *G Gold Track?
Apparently according to the Star website, MEL and SYD already have it but it's just the Express lanes with no Gold Track signage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.