Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 2:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Rebound
I'm a Gold Elite and I am unable to select Space+ on any of my upcoming domestic flights, I have to book some other flights shortly and i'll see what happens when I book a fresh booking.
Likewise - even when they are part of international business class ticket (with full Y class for domestic flights). The only options I can select online are middle rear seats for the domestic legs.

Looks like I need to call NZ to get it sorted. Grrrr.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Likewise - even when they are part of international business class ticket (with full Y class for domestic flights). The only options I can select online are middle rear seats for the domestic legs.

Looks like I need to call NZ to get it sorted. Grrrr.
Mine were also domestic flexi in Y/B farebuckets, so not cheap. My TT flights are also jumbled up.. sigh...
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
MY two T-T (as part of MEL-LAX vv for next year) 23D selections 'stuck', but that's it.

I have one more booking to make with AirNZ after my last "banked" GE year gets activated next year ... that'll be it.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 22, 2012 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
I can now get domestic space + again and even exit rows without charge (oops did I say that?)
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:54 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by craver
... and even exit rows without charge (oops did I say that?)
Very nice! Wonder how long that will last.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by craver
I can now get domestic space + again and even exit rows without charge (oops did I say that?)
I'm told that on the domestic main trunk, paid preferred seats are supposed to be only the exit rows. So there is no change there for elites, which is good. Those on grabaseat fares at least now have the ability to pay for seat allocations should they choose.

Apparently 3M pax a year have been on non-seat-selectable fares... so even a 1 in 5 takeup on seat selects is easy money for the airline.

It still bothers me considerably that all elites are required to pay for exit row and preferred seats (and even in PE, no less). The ancillary revenue team had thought hard about this - and decided to proceed in any case.

AirNZ have made their business decision, as have I. In most cases I don't believe the value proposition is now high enough for me to fly AirNZ.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: NZ*E, EK Blue, QF Gold
This morning I have been able to select Space+ seats for my AKL-WLG next week. Very few window or aisle seats were left though.

A number of my bookings for later next month (AKL-NPE) and early next year (AKL-WLG) state that I am unable to select a seat as the flight is not operated by Air NZ.

One of my bookings for AKL-DUD doesn't show the Seat Select option at all.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
I'm flying today on NZ527 at 1300 and was able to select 12A (exit row) for no charge - despite being on a grabaseat fare!!! Oh and I have no status anymore!!!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by kiwi_harry
This morning I have been able to select Space+ seats for my AKL-WLG next week. Very few window or aisle seats were left though.

A number of my bookings for later next month (AKL-NPE) and early next year (AKL-WLG) state that I am unable to select a seat as the flight is not operated by Air NZ.

One of my bookings for AKL-DUD doesn't show the Seat Select option at all.
same for me, on AKL_DUD booking.

Yesterday the front half of the plane (where I was seated was entirely bloced out), and today the seating options were open and I could (if i want) select other front of plane seats for no charge.

The new seat map though is very ugly, would be much easier to have a map which shows in one screen all the seats, rather than having to scroll down
Old Nov 22, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by deconz
I'm flying today on NZ527 at 1300 and was able to select 12A (exit row) for no charge - despite being on a grabaseat fare!!! Oh and I have no status anymore!!!
Did you use the Self Check in machines??
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
The new seat map though is very ugly, would be much easier to have a map which shows in one screen all the seats, rather than having to scroll down
Agreed, why do they make each individual seat graphic so big? I far preferred the previous version.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by pbl22
Agreed, why do they make each individual seat graphic so big? I far preferred the previous version.
You have to scroll down in a B1900D, its madness!!!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Modern programmers have to take tablet and even smartphone access of the site into account.

Madness? yes - but that's the way of it.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Modern programmers have to take tablet and even smartphone access of the site into account.

Madness? yes - but that's the way of it.
the new seat map is not galaxy s3 friendly.. can not scroll or even select a seat
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
Did you use the Self Check in machines??
I did. However, I selected 12A for free online 5 hours prior to departure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.