Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by kiwi_norway
I think the main issue people have (which surely you can understand) is a first time poster antagonising (and frankly trolling) the conversation with the line, "without sounding like a spoilt child who's just lost their favourite toy."

Maybe if you'd posed the question in a less provocatory manner, people would be a little more receptive to engaging you in conversation.
Agree 100%. The other thing I wish to point out is this is a frequent flyer community. And the name of this forum called Airpoints even suggests this is a loyalty program forum. So anyone who's trying to challenge the users here about the perks they deserve from the airlines I just think these people have come to the wrong place.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by mad_atta
The idea of any seat on a B1900D being 'premium' is of course laughable... and yet there were seats 2F and 3F with a little $5 tag on them (I'm Australian-based, and there was an NZ*G on the booking). And yet, oddly, 2A and 3A were not premium. The upshot: you can't sit across the aisle from each other on a BEH without paying a fee or moving further back.

What kind of genius makes one side of the tiny plane premium and the other not?!?
Tell me about it!!! The new system is stupid. I have two bookings for the 24th Dec, one of which is on a BEH from HLZ-AKL. All the seats back to 5A&F are blacked out to me. Although, for an extra $5 I can have seat 2F, which doesn't even have a window!!! Im just hanging out for the 48hr mark and see what happens.....
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Modern programmers have to take tablet and even smartphone access of the site into account.

Madness? yes - but that's the way of it.
like I said a few posts back I was told by staff that premium seats were determined based on hvc prior seating habbits. for example on the atr most g/ge will pick row 16ab hence these seats have become premium seating. whereas 16cd are not.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
my HKG-AKL sector on NZ80 next year shows me as having selected 53J (exit row in Economy) however it wont allow me to change to any other seat, and also brings up the message about only being able to select a seat at check-in. Might call the call centre about this...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: NZ*E, BAEC Gold
No refund on UG of Seat Select Fee

More brilliant strategic planning and implementation by AirNZ.

Spoke to call center rep after booking PE LAX-LHR. Apparently AirNZ don't refund seat selection fees in the case oneup or recognition upgrades go through. Come on AirnZ, even UA will refund!

Guess I shouldn't be surprised...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Missing upgrades

I'm a *GE with half a dozen US trips already booked. All of them had upgrades showing previously (some recognition, some pre-confirmed standby). Since the roll out of the new "pay for your seat" lark, many of my upgrades are no longer showing.... I'm very OCD about where I sit and really don't want to have to spend time re-wrangling my selections....

sigh...

b
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by gdbsti
Apparently AirNZ don't refund seat selection fees in the case oneup or recognition upgrades go through.
From other posts it looks like some PE seats attract a fee. Would a new seat selection fee need to be paid for these when you've already paid once?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:31 pm

Spoke to call center rep after booking PE LAX-LHR. Apparently AirNZ don't refund seat selection fees in the case oneup or recognition upgrades go through. Come on AirnZ, even UA will refund!

I was wondering about that.
Thanks for the input.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
From other posts it looks like some PE seats attract a fee. Would a new seat selection fee need to be paid for these when you've already paid once?
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but during the flight booking process (PE), the seat selection map gives the option of seat selection at $NZ75 ($US50) for the "premium" PE seats or non premium at no extra fee. My issue is the likely hood of an upgrade is pretty high so any extra paid for the "Premium" seat is not refunded. I guess much like the oneup system, it's just another one of AirNZ's lottery products as I need to take a gamble of paying for a "Premium" seat in case I'm not upgraded.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

I thought another poster said that the seat selection fee is considered as a part of your one up bid, in which case I think that no refund should be paid. If so, the one up bid consists on amount bid+seat selection. No doubt more confusion about whethere the seat selection fee gets the benefit of GE, G or S uplift.

It would useful for a confirmation that, indeed, seat selection fee assist you one-up bid.

Different story for RU though, and I guess it'll be buried in the T&C.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I thought another poster said that the seat selection fee is considered as a part of your one up bid, in which case I think that no refund should be paid...
I asked the rep that too, his answer was no, but did utter something about that used to be the case on TT flights? Who knows. He still thought "elites" (his words) had priority over oneup bids and was surprised other staff had advised us that the available BP inventory was split between oneup and RU requests 7 days out.

Either way, T&C of seat selection state paid selections are not refunded in the case of voluntary or involuntary UG's.

Also, seat select fees can't be paid using Airpoints. CC only.. I guess they recognise the real (lack of) value of Airpoint dollars...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:05 am

I asked the rep that too, his answer was no, but did utter something about that used to be the case on TT flights? Who knows. He still thought "elites" (his words) had priority over oneup bids and was surprised other staff had advised us that the available BP inventory was split between oneup and RU requests 7 days out.

Either way, T&C of seat selection state paid selections are not refunded in the case of voluntary or involuntary UG's.

Also, seat select fees can't be paid using Airpoints. CC only.. I guess they recognise the real (lack of) value of Airpoint dollars...
Here's the link to the Seat fees and Oneup FAQ

And the text:
If you’re successful you won’t get a refund on your paid Seat Select, but the amount you have paid for paid Seat Select will be taken into account when we evaluate the OneUp offers.
Would seem you are out of luck with a RU though.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
If you’re successful you won’t get a refund on your paid Seat Select, but the amount you have paid for paid Seat Select will be taken into account when we evaluate the OneUp offers.
I simply don't believe this statement can be practically true. Taken into account how?

If it were true it would mean as an elite, your bid would be devalued as your upweight would be diluted.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by PacificTwo
I'd read above as "we will consider the extra fee you paid for the seat select when it comes to prioritizing your oneup bid" (which I totally disbelieve since oneup is handled by an outsourced company) and not "we will apply the fee paid for your seat select to your one up bid"

More frosted glass clarity from AirNZ.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:02 am

I'd read above as "we will consider the extra fee you paid for the seat select when it comes to prioritizing your oneup bid" (which I totally disbelieve since oneup is handled by an outsourced company) and not "we will apply the fee paid for your seat select to your one up bid"

More frosted glass clarity from AirNZ.
Yes, a good point and a nice summary of NZ's communication style!

Here I was interpreting the explanation as what I thought was the most logical way it could be implemented!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.