Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
the new seat map is not galaxy s3 friendly.. can not scroll or even select a seat
I was able on my GS2 using firefox ... scrolling was a little problematic
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by deconz
I did. However, I selected 12A for free online 5 hours prior to departure!
Oh ok. Well thats a positive
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rotodavid123
Just checked some of my remaining NZ bookings.
In spite of previously selecting seats on my return LAX-AKL, which were clearly there last time I checked two weeks ago, are now not showing and seat select is telling me its not available for this flight
Emailed GE support and they have just replied saying my original seats are still allocated inspite of what the online seat select tool is saying
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: NZ jade
Just an observation.
I flew WLG-AKL on a standby fare a few weeks ago, so no seat selection. I was seated towards the rear of the ACFT with a whole row to myself, so very comfy. How ever rows 1-12, your coveted so called HVC seating area, were chocka. So could someone please explain to me who was disadvantaged here?? And without sounding like a spoilt child who's just lost their favourite toy.

Last edited by Royston Cropper; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:59 am
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Delightful first post!

Some appreciate the extra legroom in space+, some prefer an early exit, some just like it. Each of us to our own......

Cheers, TK
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:48 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Royston Cropper
So could someone please explain to me who was disadvantaged here?? And without sounding like a spoilt child who's just lost their favourite toy.
Royston, to be perfectly honest, if I had the choice of an entire row down the back of the plane, or a middle seat in Space+ with people either side, and if I didn't have the need to quickly disembark at the end of the flight, then sure, I'd take the entire empty row. Not sure you'll find many people (on this forum or otherwise) who would disagree with that choice.

In fact, I'll commonly switch from my originally selected seat, either at check-in or on board, to get a better seat.

However the chances of that happening, especially on a domestic morning / evening commuter flight, are seriously close to nil! So, I'm always going to try for one of the seats I know and love - usually up the front. And if, at check-in, I see the entire back half of the plane is empty, then sure, I may decide on the day to change.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Just an observation.
I flew WLG-AKL on a standby fare a few weeks ago, so no seat selection. I was seated towards the rear of the ACFT with a whole row to myself, so very comfy. How ever rows 1-12, your coveted so called HVC seating area, were chocka. So could someone please explain to me who was disadvantaged here?? And without sounding like a spoilt child who's just lost their favourite toy.
Congratulations, you've been very lucky, but I'm sure that the others who were assigned seats by AirNZ (without choice) in the large block in front of you weren't quite as happy.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Likewise - even when they are part of international business class ticket (with full Y class for domestic flights). The only options I can select online are middle rear seats for the domestic legs.

Looks like I need to call NZ to get it sorted. Grrrr.
And now apparently I cannot select any seats at all. W T F?

I think the new policy prevented me from switching to an earlier flight today (on fully flex ticket) when international flight arrived very early. Neither kiosk nor desk was able to switch my booking to an earlier flight.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: QF Gold
Just an observation.
I flew WLG-AKL on a standby fare a few weeks ago, so no seat selection. I was seated towards the rear of the ACFT with a whole row to myself, so very comfy. How ever rows 1-12, your coveted so called HVC seating area, were chocka. So could someone please explain to me who was disadvantaged here??
You Smoocha, because the people up front enjoyed more leg room than you did.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Just an observation.
Wow, another first time poster with this stupid comment. You might as well wait until the last minute to check in everytime and see if they oversold and bumped you to Business.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:53 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Booked a Flexi Plus Fare on 21/11 for flight on 23/11. Selected a Seat but only received email saying "We Received your Seat Request" no Boarding Pass.

Boarding Pass issued at the Airport was for the Selected Seat.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: NZ jade
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Wow, another first time poster with this stupid comment. You might as well wait until the last minute to check in everytime and see if they oversold and bumped you to Business.
As I said, I was simply making an observation and asked a question based on said observation. Does the fact that I'm a first time poster make my comment less valid than anyone elses?? Or do you see it as stupid, simply because I don't nessasarily agree with your view? (rhetorical).

Last edited by Royston Cropper; Nov 25, 2012 at 5:58 am
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
The idea of any seat on a B1900D being 'premium' is of course laughable... and yet there were seats 2F and 3F with a little $5 tag on them (I'm Australian-based, and there was an NZ*G on the booking). And yet, oddly, 2A and 3A were not premium. The upshot: you can't sit across the aisle from each other on a BEH without paying a fee or moving further back.

What kind of genius makes one side of the tiny plane premium and the other not?!?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:46 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
As I said, I was simply making an observation and asked a question based on said observation. Does the fact that I'm a first time poster make my comment less valid than anyone elses?? Or do you see it as stupid, simply because I don't nessasarily agree with your view? (rhetorical).
I think the main issue people have (which surely you can understand) is a first time poster antagonising (and frankly trolling) the conversation with the line, "without sounding like a spoilt child who's just lost their favourite toy."

Maybe if you'd posed the question in a less provocatory manner, people would be a little more receptive to engaging you in conversation.

People posting here are generally a REALLY nice and welcoming bunch. It wasn't so long ago I was a first time poster and I really enjoy the dialogue. But the feeling here is generally that the service offered by Air NZ to long-term, extremely loyal customers has greatly diminished over the previous couple of years. Hence, the general tone of this thread. It's not this one issue people are unhappy about, but the sum total of changes over an extended period.

I'd love to have you stick around and be part of the conversation long-term. But be ready for a little pushback, and maybe leave the "toy-throwing" comments out.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I thought it was common sense that your question was not even valid. How many times can you be on an airplane and get a whole row to yourself while the front rows are all filled? Don't answer that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.