Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airpoints Upgrades Gone!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Another perspective from Cathy Odgers at NBR
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Typical Cactus Kate-yes, it's all the trougher bureaucrats fault.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ajnz
I just can not agree with a single word she wrote..... That just shows she has no understanding of FFPs...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by 123dd
I just can not agree with a single word she wrote..... That just shows she has no understanding of FFPs...
Nor does she need to if she travels paid premium most of the time. ...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
Typical Cactus Kate-yes, it's all the trougher bureaucrats fault.
You think she will share how she uses her Status Points to buy upgrades - interesting.

Lawyer, Hong Kong paid for by boss - she probably knows Rob
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Originally Posted by 123dd
Nor does she need to if she travels paid premium most of the time. ...
Then she shouldn't write something like that.....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Ugh! Did she attend the Princess Margaret School of Humility, or what? Hope she knows better than to resort to ad hominem attacks in a courtroom..

justakiwi
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Time to ask for a status match from QF

Found this on the Qantas website:

Simon Hickey - Chief Executive Officer Qantas Frequent Flyer

Anybody know how I can find his contact details (or PM me). I will write to him suggesting this is the perfect time for them to offer a status match to NZ GEs and Gs.

GE into Platinum and G into Gold. This would make me switch my allegiance long haul and I would also suck it up and fly more Jetstar domestically on routes where they operate. In any case, the way Koru lounges are so busy these days its not like thats going to be such a miss.

Looking at some upcoming flights to Asia their business class seems to be cheaper too.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Not bad going for this thread. Just passed 6 days since first post and we are on page 28.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
So much fail in that article.

"I pretty much fly business class every time" the fact she wrote that in a public blog, gives me a pretty good indication of the type of person she is.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
Originally Posted by roby
No worries. It wasn't an email to me but a reply he posted on his Facebook wall in response to many complaints.
Is this his personal facebook wall? I'd love to put that takedown somewhere he could see it.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox

"I pretty much fly business class every time" the fact she wrote that in a public blog, gives me a pretty good indication of the type of person she is.
She's even boasted on her blog about spending $800 on lunch.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: CX, NZ
Wink

Originally Posted by brenrox

I have a feeling that her blog was less about AirNZ, and more about her trying to put it out there to all and sundry that she's "made it".

I am wealthy enough now to pay for business class myself

Don't you know truly weathy people don't discuss their money? Very middle-class, dear.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:29 pm

She was planning on standing for ACT at the last election in fact, but eventually ended up pulling out (which ended up being a wise move by the looks).

Back on topic, would it be preferable if Air NZ either removed the bank years, or raised the number of points needed to 1800? You'd get a symmetrical 450/900/1800 system going there.

It seems to me all these changes are purely to a lack of analysis of the consequences of every change.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Shazzadude
Back on topic, would it be preferable if Air NZ either removed the bank years, or raised the number of points needed to 1800? You'd get a symmetrical 450/900/1800 system going there.
Seems a bit steep to me. I would prefer a 400/800/1600 system, but eliminate the ability to earn SCs on CC spend and also require some NZ metal flying for all three tiers. Oh, and keep the banked years for 2000SP, but only if 50% is earned on NZ metal. Of course, as I posted earlier, a completely new scheme would be even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.