Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S2S Domestic?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold
That's quite ridiculous really, and it would've been reasonable to assume it works just like short-haul seat + bag.

At least we all know now.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Yeah thats a pain in the proverbial. I booked a Seat only fare then realised I actually needed to pick up some stuff from storage in WLG and take it to AKL but wasn't able to just pay the extra $10 and get a bag. So now will have to pay god knows what for the 2x bags I'll need to check in.
My experience differed. I was on a seat only GAS; my self kiosk BP says SEAT in upper right centre. I went through the process of saying I had one piece of checked luggage just to see what would happen. It came up and said it would cost me $20, no mention of a fare upgrade. Not sure if this is across all pax status [I'm GE] though so mileage may vary. Then again, I might also have been lured into a fare upgrade if I'd gone further.

Got to gate with bulky sports bag with FastBag label on it. No query at gate but then again also no FB trolley as the winds were too strong so hostess sorted it out the back for me.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
$20 was the standard fee for the first excess baggage item.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
$20 was the standard fee for the first excess baggage item.
my point entirely, standard 1st bag excess fee; no mention of having to fare upgrade as alluded to in earlier post. Seems a fair price to pay to grab a checked piece if travel requirements change.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The point of my post was to highlight the inconsistency between TT and Domestic S2S implementations - TT allow product upgrade, Domestic does not.

Why could they not be similar (or even identical) to deliver a coherent implementation of the (apparent) S2S logic?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:54 am

The point of my post was to highlight the inconsistency between TT and Domestic S2S implementations - TT allow product upgrade, Domestic does not.

Why could they not be similar (or even identical) to deliver a coherent implementation of the (apparent) S2S logic?
Yes, a pertinent observation! The devil is always in the detail with these new offerings. I think it lends a certain frisson to the product as we try to work out the "what if" scenarios if our flight needs change.

It would have been a nice HVC benefit if the matrix had simply stated, as it does with seat allocation, Koru, *G, GE enjoy Fastbag on Seat only. Then punters could see a declared benefit of being loyal to AirNZ.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, A3*G, UA Prem, QF, AA
Perhaps it's AirNZ's "lowest common demoninator" logic.

In the TT market, their partner DJ has always allowed you to upgrade after the initial purchase.

In the Domestic market, I think JQ baggage allowance is cheapest if bought at the same time as the ticket, but expensive later (and a rip-off at the airport). Though i've never flown JQ with bags, so not totally sure.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
I purchased a grabaseat seat only OW journey ZQN-PMR (via CHC) via hot.co.nz and want to add a bag. When I go to myairnz it confirms it as a journey and states that I'll only accrue 12SP, but when I go to change the fare type to grabaseat + bag, it is trying to charge me $10 to upgrade for both flights of the journey ($10 ZQN-CHC & $10 CHC-PMR = $20 total). Surely this is an error??
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by brenrox
I purchased a grabaseat seat only OW journey ZQN-PMR (via CHC) via hot.co.nz and want to add a bag. When I go to myairnz it confirms it as a journey and states that I'll only accrue 12SP, but when I go to change the fare type to grabaseat + bag, it is trying to charge me $10 to upgrade for both flights of the journey ($10 ZQN-CHC & $10 CHC-PMR = $20 total). Surely this is an error??
Cant say i have had that problem. But then again i am usually booked on a Flexi Plus or Smart Saver so have never had to upgrade my Seat to a Seat+Bag. I have had one occasion on a WHK to WSZ sector i had booked as a Seat fare. I decided to purchase a bag to add on and from what i can recall it only cost $10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.