Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S2S Domestic?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
I've got about 6 domestic bookings at the moment and it's 3 "economy" and 3 "seat +bag"

All flights either originating or returning to Christchurch.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:07 am

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
I wonder if some developer has accidently located Christchurch as being in Australia and not New Zealand?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
As per my earlier post i have an AKL-WLG-AKL that is seat+bag and the return sector as Economy, so don't think its just CHC.

What booking class are you having this issue with? I've noticed it was grabaseat - F
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Same, WLG-DUD-WLG in Feb. Noticed this early Nov but have been overseas and trying to relax, so have not been browsing FT.

WLG-DUD is an award tix, return is paid GAS.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:21 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Uh Oh...

Hey Luke,

Thanks for sending through. Will get the team to sort out - but will no doubt become clearer to you later on this week
Old Nov 27, 2011, 3:29 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm flying WLG - CHC - WLG next week. Both flights are now showing as seat + bag.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
S2S wouldn't be that bad for Domestic anyway, I last checked a bag in domestically in 2002!
I hope not. It'll end up like flying Jetstar and being bashed into by all the clowns struggling with enormous cabin bags as they walk past trying to save a few dollars by not checking any bags.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:51 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ps107
I hope not. It'll end up like flying Jetstar and being bashed into by all the clowns struggling with enormous cabin bags as they walk past trying to save a few dollars by not checking any bags.
Interesting article from Norway's national broadcaster this morning (sorry, you'll need to translate):

http://www.nrk.no/helse-forbruk-og-livsstil/1.7886647

The gist of it, is SAS making the suggestion that low-cost carriers (they mention Ryanair and Norwegian) have got consumers so heavily into the mindset of cramming as much into their carry-on a possible, that they carry that same mentality over to "bag-included" services, leading to a marked increase in carry-on volume as well as boarding struggle in recent years.

Makes sense, and it's definitely something I've noticed.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
my SDR AKL-WLG-AKL in early Jan is now showing Seat+Bag
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
seems to be random for me as well

flight this week akl-wlg seat + bag

flights follwoing weeks akl-chc and akl-napier are economy

i hope in the future i am not going to penalised with extra charges for flying for 2 checked in bags which is quite common on my business related flights

another great example of loack of communication by AirNZ
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
This morning is my first 'seat + bag' flight on domestic. Kiosks would not allow check-in (with a bag) and had to go to the counters. A bit of a pain.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Was searching for info on the website and come across this

When we heard what other airlines are charging for baggage on domestic flights we thought "no way". We know that most of our customers actually prefer to take a checked bag when travelling around New Zealand. So you can count on the fact that no matter what domestic fare you buy with Air New Zealand, you won't ever pay for your first piece of checked luggage up to 23 kg - not at the time of booking and not on the day you travel.
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/low-domestic-fares

Edit: seems the page has been pulled now

Last edited by brenrox; Nov 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Domestic S2S has just been announced. For $10 you get a bag from seat only. New structure starts from tomorrow for travel immediately.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Domestic S2S has just been announced. For $10 you get a bag from seat only. New structure starts from tomorrow for travel immediately.
Where has it been announced? Wonder if the base fares will drop by $10 now.......I'm fighting the urge to write any cynical comments
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by brenrox
Where has it been announced? Wonder if the base fares will drop by $10 now.......I'm fighting the urge to write any cynical comments
See the latest entry...

http://www.airnzagent.co.nz/wing-tips-nov11

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.