Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand / Virgin Australia Trans-Tasman Alliance Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand / Virgin Australia Trans-Tasman Alliance Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I'm considering booking an AKL-BNE-CNS which is operated by NZ to BNE, then DJ (but NZ flight number 7xxx) for the onward flight to CNS. I'm planning to book a Works Deluxe fare, which offers "more personal space", seat assignments, lounge access, etc. I want to confirm that the DJ flight will put me in the extra legroom seats (i.e. prem eco on DJ) and that I can use the DJ louge in BNE.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I'm considering booking an AKL-BNE-CNS which is operated by NZ to BNE, then DJ (but NZ flight number 7xxx) for the onward flight to CNS. I'm planning to book a Works Deluxe fare, which offers "more personal space", seat assignments, lounge access, etc. I want to confirm that the DJ flight will put me in the extra legroom seats (i.e. prem eco on DJ) and that I can use the DJ louge in BNE.
Works Duluxe can only be sold on fares that are solley for travel on NZ aircraft.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
That's what I thought -- but they're there! IT better fix that because they're gonna have some justifiably upset pax.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I'd be interested to know if a Works Deluxe fare gets you into the premium economy seats on a DJ flight.

On another note I still haven't heard back from Gold Airports about not being able to manually claim missing points from my DJ flight, however yesterday "Virgin Australia" appeared on the partner airlines list on the online claim form (it wasn't there on Monday or Tuesday). You'll need to keep your boarding pass as you need to enter your DJ fare type. The points came through within 24 hours which was good.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Don't even bother. You would probably pay double to be able to earn *A partner miles across the Tasman. With DJ, you might have a chance. Details will be available tomorrow I think. I can already enter my NZ number in DJ booking as of 10pm Thursday AEST.
well said.I have just booked to go to New Zealand next July flying Air New Zealand on the outbound Nonstop to Auckland from Adelaide and flying out of Christchurch A WEEK later using NZ CHC TO MEL and connecting onto ADL on DJ using as your recommendation Velocity.

A little unknown information I got my fare all up for $716 for July 2012 which these days isn't too bad I paid $576 back in the days when it was Ansett Australia feeding the NZ flights into Melbourne for the South Australian Market on the Tasman over 13 years ago but I bought my fare directly through the Virgin Blue website as opposed to directly through the tour operator which in my case is Contiki.25%more but one has to take into account the cost of inflation between 1998 and today.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: NZ Koru
redroman: Have you done SYD-WLG on DJ yet? I'm doing a SYD-AKL on DJ in 2 weeks and wondering if they hand out express passes at prem checkin like NZ does.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
redroman: Have you done SYD-WLG on DJ yet? I'm doing a SYD-AKL on DJ in 2 weeks and wondering if they hand out express passes at prem checkin like NZ does.
I haven't I'm afraid. The SYD-WLG Air NZ flights are all at convenient times for me (between 6 and 7pm) so I stick with Air NZ. I'm only really flying on DJ when I leave on a Sunday as I can fly out at 4pm rather than having to go early in the morning or via Auckland.

If I were you I'd hassle them at the counter if they don't give you one.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It was a bit weird this morning to hear DJ flights being called in the AKL International Lounge.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:11 am

Have just been on DJ 57 from WLG to SYD this afternoon. When I checked it they typed my airpoints number in the computer and NZ GOLD was printed on my boarding pass. Priority seating selection still seems to be non-existent - I was initially placed in row 11, but then asked if I could be moved up and got put in an aisle seat in row 6. When I got on the plane the three seats in each of rows 8 and 9 were empty so I have no idea why I was put in row 11 initially!

The meal was exactly the same as last week - a beef and mushroom pie with no other options. My luggage came out in Sydney extremely quick again which was nice. The crew were also really good.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Detailed NZ/DJ information

Stumbled over this PDF file that explains quite a bit on how this NZ/DK TT arrangements is all supposed to work (from 'airnzagent.com.au').

If already seen, apologies......

http://www.airnzagent.com.au/pv_obj_...ochure-AUS.PDF

Having seen some speculation on where NZ*GE and NZ*G pax would be seated on DJ flights, the answer from page 10 of teh PDF above is:

Velocity Gold and Air New Zealand Gold Elite, Gold and Koru members will be seated behind DJ’s Premium Economy seating zone.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Aug 7, 2011 at 4:56 am
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:59 pm

Thought this allainace was about more choice not taking it away from us.

Just looked at HKK to BNE over our anniversary weekend - cheapest flight is with DJ or pay extra to go with NZ- so not too bad.

Coming back frm BNE on Monday 28 November the only "choice" is to go with DJ, no available flights according to the website that go from BNE to HKK other than DJ - which is of course absolute crap 'cos when you put in CHC to/frm BNE there are flights back with NZ.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by wayoutwest

Just looked at HKK to BNE over our anniversary weekend - cheapest flight is with DJ or pay extra to go with NZ- so not too bad.

Coming back frm BNE on Monday 28 November the only "choice" is to go with DJ, no available flights according to the website that go from BNE to HKK other than DJ - which is of course absolute crap 'cos when you put in CHC to/frm BNE there are flights back with NZ.
Could be worse, you could be flying out of WLG that have few if any NZ flight TT now.

Maybe it doesn't allow the NZ flight because it tends to arrive at midnight and you would have to wait another day for the connecting flight; where as the DJ flight departs BNE earlier, allowing for a same day connection?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by wayoutwest

Could try multi leg tool, however this will auto book you into Works..
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:20 am

I'm a little disappointed there's only one early afternoon direct CNS-AKL flight a week now instead of three previously.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by brenrox
If for example flying AKL-SYD-CBR on a W/WD fare, do you recieve an on-board meal for the DJ SYD-CBR flight?? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere
After a quick phone call, DJ do not offer meal/drinks on the domestic leg if booked in W/WD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.